****Tua Tagovailoa super thread**** | Page 272 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Tua Tagovailoa super thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Long read but good article. :up:
The Colts traded away their first round pick since this article was written. Therefore they do not have the draft capital to move up high enough to Herbert in the top 5 picks. I could see the Colts drafting Herbert if he is still on the board in the second round when they have their first selection but that isn’t likely to happen.

I have pointed out numerous times that Tua put up his stats against mediocre to bad teams while he was surrounded with probably the best offensive talent in college football. That is always overlooked by the Tua supporters. He was basically just an average QB in most of the games he played against the better defenses he faced. I have no idea if he will be a good much less great QB in the NFL but I think it is going to be hard for him to live up to the expectations the Tua supporters have for him.

Last edited:
The Colts traded away their first round pick since this article was written. Therefore they do not have the draft capital to move up high enough to Herbert in the top 5 picks. I could see the Colts drafting Herbert if he is still on the board in the second round when they have their first selection but that isn’t likely to happen.
He'll be long gone by then...

The only reason it would happen if Dan just took a huge liking to the kid. Other than that, no way and I'm glad. Like I said in another post on another thread regarding this, do you think MJ would give Lebron his # if he came to the Bulls? Hell no. Same deal here and Tua isn't and may never be Lebron of NFL (though if we draft him we'd like him to be).

I think this organization has been willing to take swings at great players just never at the most important position. I think the idea of them having to trade up or going after it goes against so much of what we are used to as fans. We are far more numb to signing a defensive tackle to 80 million guaranteed dollars rather than trading two picks to grab a guy who could lead the franchise for 15 years. The injury history cannot be ignored but he is the only guy in this draft I see being a 12 to 15 year star. The others will have a good careers, I feel some will barely make it through the first contract but no one has the potential to be a long-term star like he can.

Imagine trading two Tunsil and Fitzpatrick and he ends up having a career like RG3.

That’s what happens when you over value WRs.

Both Burrow and Tua had top notch WR's with amazing YAC averages. Tua played in a more straightforward system, where as Burrow was allowed to change plays and call his own plays based on what he sees, not that Tua couldn't do that also because I understand he's very intelligent. We'll see when the wonderlicks come out. In this draft, I'd settle for Jalen Hurts rather than move up to take Tua, unless it's for a 1st and a late 2nd.

Some people must be getting a little stir crazy from the coronavirus confinement to even be considering handing over the #13 jersey for Tua. As stated above, the jersey is retired. End of story. Tua Tagovailoa (or Justin Herbert) will just have to get another number, because #13 is unavailable. To worry about a prospective drafted player's jersey # at a time when the whole world is facing a pandemic seems pretty stupid.

Imagine trading two Tunsil and Fitzpatrick and he ends up having a career like RG3

Imagine staying put taking three apparent “studs” and then going 8-8 for the next decade. Much rather take a swing at greatness than have the best roster in the NFL. QB rules all, the best ones put their team in contention every year regardless of roster. The Minnesota Vikings have one of the best and deepest rosters in the league, Yet can’t remember a single person picking them or any person talking about how they fear the Minnesota Vikings. If someone’s desires to have an amazing roster makes the playoffs every year but be one and done that’s fine I’d rather have a quarterback that always puts Miami around the playoffs but more importantly every 2 to 3 years can make a serious Super Bowl run

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom