****Tua Tagovailoa super thread**** | Page 273 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Tua Tagovailoa super thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he was drafted by the Phins, I’d like for him to have a single digit # like 1,3,4, or 5. If it was a double digit # I’d like 11 or 10.

Imagine staying put taking three apparent “studs” and then going 8-8 for the next decade. Much rather take a swing at greatness than have the best roster in the NFL. QB rules all, the best ones put their team in contention every year regardless of roster. The Minnesota Vikings have one of the best and deepest rosters in the league, Yet can’t remember a single person picking them or any person talking about how they fear the Minnesota Vikings. If someone’s desires to have an amazing roster makes the playoffs every year but be one and done that’s fine I’d rather have a quarterback that always puts Miami around the playoffs but more importantly every 2 to 3 years can make a serious Super Bowl run

Let me ask you this...

Why is taking Tua a swing at greatness, but taking Herbert is not a swing at greatness?

Or am I putting words in your mouth?

dumb question on so many levels

lets say Marino's number wasn't retired and this thing happens all the time.
what message are you sending to the other players?

Tua will be buying vets food and picking up their equipment and not wearing 13 when he does it

There is only a few jersey numbers retired in Miami, Marino being one of them. Do you think Dan would let Tua wear 13 in Miami? Maybe 3, but Rosen weres that. Numbers mean a lot to a player both retired and during there career. Some are very superstitious when it comes to jersey numbers.
link below

LET him wear it?

I would be offended and start off the Tua era with animosity if he had the gaul to even wear it, much less ask to get it brought out of retirement. Nothing could make me resent Tua more than if he tried to trample on the grandeur of our greatest legend. More likely, I would think Tua--who is very humble and team oriented--would make it clear he would not wear 13 out of respect and admiration for Marino. IMHO, Tua is a class act, and THAT is how a class act handles that situation.

Tua doesn't seem like a fool or a selfish-diva. Only someone who was both would attempt to pry #13 out of retirement, IMHO. This sounds like pure media-scandle-mongering ... nothing more.

Tua has missed 10 games in his entire life.

Tom Brady (15 games in 2008), Aaron Rodgers (10 games in 2017), Peyton Manning (16 games in 2011), Joe Montana (16 games in 1991), and Dan Marino (11 games in 1993) all missed more games than that IN ONE SEASON at some point in their Hall of Fame careers.

Yes, Tua is an injury risk. He’s probably going to suffer a major injury at some point in his career. So is every other player who steps on a football field. Even the all time greats. So let’s put this BS notion that Tua isn’t worth the risk because he might not make it 15 years without getting hurt to bed once and for all.
True, but all those guys you mention didn’t have the injury issue label attached to them coming out of college. They sustained injuries well into their careers.

There is only a few jersey numbers retired in Miami, Marino being one of them. Do you think Dan would let Tua wear 13 in Miami? Maybe 3, but Rosen weres that. Numbers mean a lot to a player both retired and during there career. Some are very superstitious when it comes to jersey numbers.
link below

Im pretty sure a good kid like Tua wouldn’t even ask. Besides, he needs to build is own legacy.

Retired means retired. Pointless exercise if teams retire numbers then bring it back just because an untested rookie wears it at college.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom