****Tua Tagovailoa super thread**** | Page 275 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Tua Tagovailoa super thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually no, according to a report about a month back by anonymous GM's it seemed that Herbert was listed as a higher rated prospect by about half of them. So no I would say it is actually opinion and not "FACT". This is also coming from a Tua guy. I think Tua is hands down the best prospect at QB in this draft (and IMO #2 overall) but I recognize that is my opinion and not a fact.

Since there are several different styles of QB play, there will always be proponents of each... the Giants for instance, value tall prototype pocket passers... so they took Daniel Jones. Some teams want to run RPO, so they'll draft a more mobile guy.

Some teams will 100% red flag a guy with a litany of injury concerns...

Some teams red flag guys with character issues...

This idea that almost all teams believe.... well... anything is just silly.

Let me ask you this...

Why is taking Tua a swing at greatness, but taking Herbert is not a swing at greatness?

Or am I putting words in your mouth?

Slightly putting words in my mouth, I think Herbert will be a serviceable QB and will win games but I think Tua is the only possible transformative player in this draft IMO.

Herbert would be more of a consolidation prize, not in the negative sense it sounds but still think for some reason he is fourth on the Dolphins scale I think it’s Burrow/Tua 1 and 1A then Love then Herbert. Probably wrong but think it’s interesting to think about it in a sense of who they have committed to seeing the most.

Last edited:
Slightly putting words in my mouth, I think Herbert will be a serviceable QB and win games but I think Tua is the only possible transformative player in this draft IMO.

Herbert would be more of a consolidation prize, not in the negative sense it sounds but still think for some reason he is fourth on the Dolphins scale I think it’s Burrow/Tua 1 and 1A then Love then Herbert. Probably wrong but think it’s interesting to think about it in a sense of who they have committed to seeing the most.

Now that makes more sense than most of what I read around here.

You reduced it to an opinion, and gave nuance.

Posts like that make perfect sense to me, and the fact that you didn't type in all caps worked too! :)

I find that I am in the camp that says, if Tua is there at 5, I guess we can pick him and if his body is as fragile as I think it is, then we only lose one pick... and since we have 3 in the first, this is an acceptable risk.

I don't even dislike Tua, he seems like a nice, respectable kid. I'm just not sold on undersized QBs or injury risks. Like the Giants, I prefer tall, prototype QBs, and would prefer that we look to that archtype.

Drop the Avatar attack and back and forth bickering about it, if you don't like it, don't look at it. No additional comments needed. Carry on...

I understand asking the question, I don't fault the OP, just trying to get a convo started. He already stated he wouldn't be for it like almost everyone else here.
Very well put, I own numerous Marino jersy's and would never want to see another player with that number on his back. Some people make statements with there hearts and not there minds. People forgot ( and just flat don't know) 18 was retired in Denver when Manning got there. Frank Tripuka's 18 was retired in Denver in 1963. He with his blessing agreed to let Manning wear it. Steve Largents #80 was retired in Seattle, a certain WR signed with Seattle in 2004 and Largent agreed to let this individual wear it.....Yes Jerry Rice. YA Titles number was also retired , Ward Cuff wore it, the Giants Owner allowed YA to use it as well. I dont think this will happen and it should'nt , i was simply throwing it out there into a hornets nest for conversation.

Last edited:
There is only a few jersey numbers retired in Miami, Marino being one of them. Do you think Dan would let Tua wear 13 in Miami? Maybe 3, but Rosen weres that. Numbers mean a lot to a player both retired and during there career. Some are very superstitious when it comes to jersey numbers.
link below

Phuck No!

who is this ****ing clown?

if you aren’t a scout, evaluator, etc shut the duck up

there’s nothing worse than folks trying to lead you in a certain direction on things they dont even understand.

shut the duck up

There is only a few jersey numbers retired in Miami, Marino being one of them. Do you think Dan would let Tua wear 13 in Miami? Maybe 3, but Rosen weres that. Numbers mean a lot to a player both retired and during there career. Some are very superstitious when it comes to jersey numbers.
link below

HE BETTER EFFIN NOT EVEN ASK!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom