****Tua Tagovailoa super thread**** | Page 300 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Tua Tagovailoa super thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t like that at all, take who’s left philosophy. I hope our front office, coach, scouts etc like who they like and if he’s there take him. I don’t want them settling for who is there at 5 if the say 2 guys they covet are gone...in that case take a late flier on someone they think may develop or wait until next year
Tua and Herbert were both higher on boards than the #1 pick.

I simply believe that he will not hold up physically in the NFL. I think he is an excellent young man and very talented. I will gladly eat crow if I am wrong. I have never been a fan of gambling very valuable resources.

It's all a gamble. Especially at QB.

Someone used the Watson scouting report recently.

Didn't Bill Walsh say he would take Rick Mirer?

What I have seen of Tua, he can spin it and can take all levels of the field...accurately.

Now the health...should be anyone's right to critique.

First, let me lead with the fact that I was never a Tank for Tua advocate and I am not in favor of the team trading up for him and giving up draft resources.

The most important part of the ESPN article is in the first paragraph:

Tua Tagovailoa underwent a voluntary medical recheck Thursday that was facilitated by the NFL combine, and the results of the comprehensive exam "were overwhelmingly positive," the quarterback's representatives told ESPN's Laura Rutledge and NFL Network.

So his "representative's" job is to drive up the price for his client and he puts out a 10 second video and comments like this and everyone loses their minds. Until a credible, unbiased source gives an update on his health, I will read every over-reaction with a skeptical eye.
You need to read more of that article because this was in it as well.
“The doctor who conducted the physical was selected by NFL team physicians, according to the report.”
I agree it’s a reps job to drive the price up but when that Doctor is selected by NFL team physicians it’s more credible.

You need to read more of that article because this was in it as well.
“The doctor who conducted the physical was selected by NFL team physicians, according to the report.”
I agree it’s a reps job to drive the price up but when that Doctor is selected by NFL team physicians it’s more credible.
The doctors are not quoted, his reps are. Nowhere in that article does it say anything about the doctor's findings. It is flawed reasoning to think the doctors agree based on what was written.

Seems like half the board now are doctors and the other half are clairvoyants........nobody really can tell if Tua will hold up or not. I don't care if he's "clear for football activities" or not. I'll be glad if we draft Tua at 5 but to say that because of this report he's not at risk anymore makes no sense. I hope he'll be 100% healthy. He's a good kid and a good talent as well but I'll be holding my breath every time he gets hit.

I can see it now. #1 Cincy - Burrow, #2 Redskins - Tua, #3 LAC trade up and get Herbet. #4 Giants - Becton or Wirfs. The Dolphins have their pick of the best 2 overall talemts in this draft. Young or Simmons.
And the draft is a disaster then.

If Tua is already healed why is everyone talking about redshirting him this year? If your already healed you can’t heal more. Preserve him so he doesn’t re-injure? He has just as much chance of re injuring if he starts in 2021 if he’s already healed. Plus the season doesn’t start for another 5 months
Only some of the fans on here are saying that. Tua and his doctors sure as hell aren't saying that.

First, let me lead with the fact that I was never a Tank for Tua advocate and I am not in favor of the team trading up for him and giving up draft resources.

The most important part of the ESPN article is in the first paragraph:

Tua Tagovailoa underwent a voluntary medical recheck Thursday that was facilitated by the NFL combine, and the results of the comprehensive exam "were overwhelmingly positive," the quarterback's representatives told ESPN's Laura Rutledge and NFL Network.

So his "representative's" job is to drive up the price for his client and he puts out a 10 second video and comments like this and everyone loses their minds. Until a credible, unbiased source gives an update on his health, I will read every over-reaction with a skeptical eye.
Did you miss the part that he was checked by a neutral doctor who was agreed upon by the NFL and the Tua camp? Do you really think his representatives would make such a bold statement when it could be easily shot down by the doctor or any team that got to look those reports?

If Tua is already healed why is everyone talking about redshirting him this year? If your already healed you can’t heal more. Preserve him so he doesn’t re-injure? He has just as much chance of re injuring if he starts in 2021 if he’s already healed. Plus the season doesn’t start for another 5 months
no team said they are red-shirting him

no team has to start their rookie qb

it is a big decision to rush these qbs - there was a day where qbs weren't rushed

tua doesn't lack the confidence and if he earns the starting spot on whatever roster I feel he should be loosed

Did you miss the part that he was checked by a neutral doctor who was agreed upon by the NFL and the Tua camp? Do you really think his representatives would make such a bold statement when it could be easily shot down by the doctor or any team that got to look those reports?
people will believe what they want to believe ~ like currently Tua has hired a stunt double a doppelganger to put out this tape out so that Tua can still get his rich pay day and play on the beach in hawaii

The kid will be playing in actual games and folks still won’t believe it.

I just don’t know what else they are waiting for lol. I guess it’s gonna take pads and a defense
If Tua breaks down and we / Dolphins etc are proven wrong- I can sleep well with that. Take your shot.
I couldn’t live with Tua winning playoff games either Chargers and we are stuck in RT17 2.0 or worse for next 5 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom