****Tua Tagovailoa super thread**** | Page 323 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Tua Tagovailoa super thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to the USS Indianapolis of fandom...

quint_speech.jpg

I'll tell ya it was the last few moments before they phoned in the pick that I was most frightened...
"I'll never put on a lifejacket."

If college stats are misleading as you state, then we should overlook Tua’s stats and question why the Dolphins should even be considering a small QB who had numerous injuries in college.
Perhaps the Dolphins should wait until next year to draft Jones, the backup QB at Alabama. He played great
after taking over for Tua after his hip injury and Jones is bigger than Tua and hasn’t had a serious hip injury.
Crazy idea but perhaps there’s element of actually watching the player play the game and making a judgement based on that. Might be a good place to start if you’re struggling to see the difference between Tua and Mac Jones.

Last edited:
gotta say vaark, you're making very weird comparisons lately... You used Tua to make flores look good and now comparing Tua to a WR with no college injury history from 25 years ago in response to me comparing 2 QBs skillsets...?

I remember Yatil Green being less than durable as a Hurricane as well!

Crazy idea but perhaps there’s element of actually watching the player play the game and making a judgement based on that. Might be a good place to start if you’re struggling to see the difference between Tua and Mac Jones.
You obviously don’t get sarcasm do you? While I certainly have concerns regarding drafting Tua because of his numerous injuries, I was merely pointing out that the Alabama offense did not suffer once Tua went down and Jones took over the QB spot. I know Tua is a much better QB than Jones when healthy, I just don’t think Tua will be able to stay healthy in the NFL and will probably have another injury to his hip within two years. I think he will likely be out of the league by 2023 and that is why I lean toward the Dolphins selecting Herbert instead of a Tua.

True... but we can’t fix genetics.

And it begs the question...on a offense with Two first rounders playing tackle ... and 3 of 4 first rounders at receiver....Why did Tua have to hold the ball longer?

Is his success also the reason he gets hurt?
are you saying that you have recognized a flaw in Tuas genetics? I don’t see anything in his frame/body type to red flag either on being suceptible to injury..

cant know how’s he’s wired inside but I think when Saban made him play hurt it had a lot to do with the hip injury, so I put a lot of blame there..

from what I’ve seen it feels like this guy is aware, and will adapt his game to protect himself a bit..

that and a clean bill of health after that MRI and I’m in all the way..

Last edited:

This is another wierd take. I saw two ehh decisions in that national champ game and yeah he paid for both of them. The first one was basically a predetermined thing resulting in him throwing to a spot the second a throw to the spot expectation off a pre snap read that post snap shifted on him. Pre snap decisions without post snap verification something tua himself has admitted he needs to work on and given snaps and more familiarity with defenses I see no reason won’t come.

He processes too well to think anything otherwise

Last edited:
More gamer? In what way? Wentz was having a great year but Foles had to finish that out for him. I mean I like him as a prospect but dude has missed his fair share of games and has not exactly elevated his teams like I think a franchise QB should.

Wentz plays with a more aggressive mindset.

Some nfl teams gonna have the task of trying to unlock that in Herbert. He even has a tendency to guide the ball short and intermediate even which with his arm he just needs to rip it. Trust your tools. Some of it I think is the process information side of things. Can be slow to process

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom