****Tua Tagovailoa super thread**** | Page 336 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Tua Tagovailoa super thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have discussed all these before numerous times, including in this very thread. There is no point rehashing them, as you already have your opinion and if Tua himself told you he had a flaw I doubt you would believe it at this point.
You have gave us nothing then as I have read this entire thread

Edit: Everyone has flaws, you tell me what flaws he has, he got injured too many times he is short, you say he cant read a defense yet you can't support it, the tape says other, he takes hits yes but he can also avoid a hit but he likes to get chunk yardage over nibbles against D-fenses.

I think he can adapt to the NFL better than any QB in this class but time will tell

Last edited:
I'm not Adam Schefter and i'm not by any means in the know, but i have been told that Grier is enamored with Herbert going all the way back to last year by someone with organizational ties.

This news really doesn't surprise me, but i guess we will have to wait it out.

If Herbert is the guy, it should be readily apparent they're right in the first 2 seasons. People aren't going to sit around for four plus seasons waiting for him to put it together.

I hate to tell you this but it’s the opposite. They will go thru multiple staffs if need be trying to get it out of him. Trying to get the qb play to match the physical tools.

odds are good hed be here at least 7 years.

If you want a quicker answer and turn around if need be Herberts the last guy you want.

I was just on ESPN and Kiper and McShay were going at it about Herbert going over Tua. Someone has some misinformation, lol

Lol. It's funny that so many of you believe that the news that Tua isn't the consensus best QB or #2 pick overall is somehow revelatory and real sensitive information. I also find all the "smokescreen" comments hilarious, as if every person in an NFL scouting department were some sort of master media manipulator. This is the team that couldn't figure out how to handle a Cochin snorting coach or a high school level bullying scandal. Yeah, they are masters of public manipulation through media all right...
Do you know what consensus means? The article said ONE team had him at #3 and ONE team had him at #4. That is hardly a consensus.

I'm not Adam Schefter and i'm not by any means in the know, but i have been told that Grier is enamored with Herbert going all the way back to last year by someone with organizational ties.

This news really doesn't surprise me, but i guess we will have to wait it out.

If Herbert is the guy, it should be readily apparent they're right in the first 2 seasons. People aren't going to sit around for four plus seasons waiting for him to put it together.
Drafting a 4-year starter on the pretense of him "finally putting it all together" is a dangerous game...

I'm so scared Miami is going to blow this and pass on Tua for Herbert. It will be the biggest buzzkill I have ever had on draft day. I will feel like all of the Jets' fans they showed when the Jets passed on Dan Marino for Ken O'Brien or when they passed on Warren Sapp for Kyle Brady.
If they take Herbert over Tua id be upset. If Tua is gone then ya they better take Herbert. Unless the Redskins take him which I doubt I dont see how we do not land Tua. Even if someone tries to jump up to 3 you would have to be pretty dam sure that Matt Patricia would let Flores know seeing how they are good friends and both from New England etc. Most people forget about that connection.

You have gave us nothing then as I have read this entire thread

Edit: Everyone has flaws, you tell me what flaws he has, he got injured too many times he is short, you say he cant read a defense yet you can't support it, the tape says other, he takes hits yes but he can also avoid a hit but he likes to get chunk yardage over nibbles against D-fenses.

I think he can adapt to the NFL better than any QB in this class but time will tell
There are concerns about Tua's durability, size, family, etc. As to his game, he seems to struggle if the play isn't a single read presnap with a predetermined throw. Post snap changes seem to be an issue. He holds the ball too long at times. He struggles in the biggest games of his career. I have discussed all these issues before on this board, numerous times in fact, and just didn't see the point in rehashing, but for your benefit, there they are.

I am not opposed to him as much now as I was immediately following the hip injury, as he seems to be healing very quickly. I am not going to loose my mind if we draft him, in fact, there is part of me that would enjoy seeing him play. I'm just not obsessed with him as the pick, and I try to be objective about players coming from college to the NFL. I guess that makes my opinion unpopular, but so be it. Unfortunately, the QB gushing for Tua on this site isn't going to help the kid, either. No QB can live up to the hype that is being placed on him already and it only leads to excessive pressure on him.

Do you know what consensus means? The article said ONE team had him at #3 and ONE team had him at #4. That is hardly a consensus.
Do you know what a consensus means? He is being projected by every source as a best case 2nd QB, and is now starting to be projected as QB 3 with opinion building that Miami will take Herbert. Sounds like there is plenty of diversity of opinion as to what level of QB he is. I see no consensus that he is the best QB or should be QB 1 for sure.

FWIW, NFL network is airing a mock on Path To The Draft right now that has Miami picking Herbert over Tua, but are simultaneously ticker-taping a mock that shows Tua to Miami at 5. The Herbert rumors are definitely picking up steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom