****Tua Tagovailoa super thread**** | Page 335 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Tua Tagovailoa super thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mel Kiper says he’s hearing the Dolphins liking Herbert over Tua is gaining traction...

Hearing from where? Hopefully not from someone inside the Dolphins. If we really did want Herbert why in the world would we allow that to leak? No this has to be speculation by the media. We may very well favor Herbert, but not even the Miami’s front office is that stupid to show their hand. Well at least I’m hoping they’re not that stupid.

I'm not Adam Schefter and i'm not by any means in the know, but i have been told that Grier is enamored with Herbert going all the way back to last year by someone with organizational ties.

This news really doesn't surprise me, but i guess we will have to wait it out.

If Herbert is the guy, it should be readily apparent they're right in the first 2 seasons. People aren't going to sit around for four plus seasons waiting for him to put it together.

I'm not Adam Schefter and i'm not by any means in the know, but i have been told that Grier is enamored with Herbert going all the way back to last year by someone with organizational ties.

This news really doesn't surprise me, but i guess we will have to wait it out.

If Herbert is the guy, it should be readily apparent they're right in the first 2 seasons. People aren't going to sit around for four plus seasons waiting for him to put it together.

I’m hoping coach Flo will step in and explain to Grier that Herbert doesn’t have the fire, leadership, and accuracy to be a franchise qb, especially since we already have a player with those qualities in Rosen. If he doesn’t then that will be added to a growing list of concerns like questionable personnel decisions, staff turnover and replacements, and the fact that we surrendered the 3rd most points in NFL history.

Do you think teams show their draft board to media guys?

"Tua ranks as QB4 on one board I saw this week and was QB3 on another. "

The team doesn't have to. All it takes is some scouts that are willing to spill a little. They aren't showing their board, they are just stating the general order of the QB ranking. These may be teams who aren't drafting a QB anyway, so what exactly are they giving away?

I think many of you overestimate the level of secrecy here. In truth, the first several picks are rarely a true surprise anymore, as they are usually known at least a few days prior to the draft, if not more.

Tua was in the herd today, the show is about to rebroadcast on iHeartRadio if you wanna hear it

Hearing from where? Hopefully not from someone inside the Dolphins. If we really did want Herbert why in the world would we allow that to leak? No this has to be speculation by the media. We may very well favor Herbert, but not even the Miami’s front office is that stupid to show their hand. Well at least I’m hoping they’re not that stupid.
Kiper said it was “the buzz around the league”.

The team doesn't have to. All it takes is some scouts that are willing to spill a little. They aren't showing their board, they are just stating the general order of the QB ranking. These may be teams who aren't drafting a QB anyway, so what exactly are they giving away?

I think many of you overestimate the level of secrecy here. In truth, the first several picks are rarely a true surprise anymore, as they are usually known at least a few days prior to the draft, if not more.

I worked as a scout in major-league baseball and the entire staff who was Involved with that player would have been put under serious investigation and possibly fired if they leak to the media two weeks before the draft that’s why I find it hard to believe that anybody’s willing to risk their job to inform some really bored sports writer

Gaps Holes and Flaws

Let us have em?
I have discussed all these before numerous times, including in this very thread. There is no point rehashing them, as you already have your opinion and if Tua himself told you he had a flaw I doubt you would believe it at this point.

I worked as a scout in major-league baseball and the entire staff who was Involved with that player would have been put under serious investigation and possibly fired if they leak to the media two weeks before the draft that’s why I find it hard to believe that anybody’s willing to risk their job to inform some really bored sports writer
Lol. It's funny that so many of you believe that the news that Tua isn't the consensus best QB or #2 pick overall is somehow revelatory and real sensitive information. I also find all the "smokescreen" comments hilarious, as if every person in an NFL scouting department were some sort of master media manipulator. This is the team that couldn't figure out how to handle a Cochin snorting coach or a high school level bullying scandal. Yeah, they are masters of public manipulation through media all right...

Lol. It's funny that so many of you believe that the news that Tua isn't the consensus best QB or #2 pick overall is somehow revelatory and real sensitive information. I also find all the "smokescreen" comments hilarious, as if every person in an NFL scouting department were some sort of master media manipulator. This is the team that couldn't figure out how to handle a Cochin snorting coach or a high school level bullying scandal. Yeah, they are masters of public manipulation through media all right...

My comment has nothing to do with the rankings my comment has to do with your overly simplistic view that all a Scout has to do is leak information to someone. When I tell you that any sensitive information this close to a draft is very tightly guarded having known from experience in another professional sport. If you have more relevant experience like an NFL football draft from a front office perspective I’d be glad to hear but I think it be ridiculous and risk someone’s career to leak information this close to a draft I could give two less shits what the draft order is it’s not under my control and it really doesn’t affect me whoever they take.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom