Tua vs. Herbert/Burrow | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua vs. Herbert/Burrow

Then why do you you say you “think we got the QB we wanted?” we picked the player we wanted, so we obviously got the player we wanted, but I think you mean more than that. What have you seen on the field so far to justify your opinion?

We had a chance to draft either and chose Tua

Long term the FO think he's a better fit

They know what they are doing where as you and me are just fans

I do hate when I read these threads and people say that Fitz bailed Tua out. I do remember Fitz (love the guy) throwing a ridiculous INT to Denver to end that game. That is not bailing him out. Fitz threw that ridiculous throw against the Raiders too and that will always be a great memory for me. Flores sits whoever is underperforming at the time and he has shown no one is exempt from that. Flores also said that they had seen enough from Tua to earn the starter spot. Brisset will not come in at any point this year as a starter unless injury occurs. Who actually thinks they brought him here saying that bide your time and you may start at some point. Fitz did not come back because he would not start a game either. Brisset will try his ass off hopefully and be ready and will maybe relieve a QB if they are under siege in a game like any good coach would to any QB. With WRs who will get open Tua will shine and I just hope that we do not see another thread until games start that compares Tua or Says what if. Tua will start 17 games this season if he stays healthy.

Hopefully this time next year we can all be excited about this team and its young players.

Attacking the poster for stating an opinion is totally classless.
Reality is anyone with a brain saw that Herbert and Burrow were clearly better on much poorer teams.
We all hope Tua gets better but the hate for those that cant accept a factual opinion is insane.
Burrow was not clearly better.

Can't compare these guys with Tua coming off the injury rehabbing and covid, the kid had a lot going on and certainly not the same weapons. This year will be telling good or bad
I think this is all there is.

The FO opinion of Tua isn't going to be measured any by Burrow or Herbert.

It's going to be measured on how he meets their expectations with this offense and the new weapons surrounding him. If he is underwhelming this year, I think they are likely to move on from him in 2022. It's just the reality of the NFL these days and reflective of this FO attitude.

That said, I think he will impress. I think Tua is incredibly "coachable"....we're going to see him do a lot of good things that many did not think he was capable of, because he is diligent in his effort to improve. He's not a pouter, ala Cam Newton. He's going to work hard and give his best effort.

I think he's going to be a very good QB for the Dolphins for a very long time.

Herbert and Burrow were not recovering and rehabbing a broken hip nor were they in an offense that had no personal design to the Qb’s skill set.

Tua was in an offense that was tailored to Fitzpatrick, it was the only reason why The offensive coordinator came out of retirement..

Also the coordinator imo did not approve of the Tua insertion, and was not prepared..

These are real factors that need to be taken into account when making comparisons to other qbs

I do hate when I read these threads and people say that Fitz bailed Tua out. I do remember Fitz (love the guy) throwing a ridiculous INT to Denver to end that game. That is not bailing him out. Fitz threw that ridiculous throw against the Raiders too and that will always be a great memory for me. Flores sits whoever is underperforming at the time and he has shown no one is exempt from that. Flores also said that they had seen enough from Tua to earn the starter spot. Brisset will not come in at any point this year as a starter unless injury occurs. Who actually thinks they brought him here saying that bide your time and you may start at some point. Fitz did not come back because he would not start a game either. Brisset will try his *** off hopefully and be ready and will maybe relieve a QB if they are under siege in a game like any good coach would to any QB. With WRs who will get open Tua will shine and I just hope that we do not see another thread until games start that compares Tua or Says what if. Tua will start 17 games this season if he stays healthy.

Hopefully this time next year we can all be excited about this team and its young players.
Exactly no one talks about Fitz getting pulled from the starter spot for a rookie QB with no NFL experience in almost every club he’s ever been on and will happen in Washington. I love Fitz but the insane love some people had for a placeholder QB over the future of the franchise had me scratching my head. So did Tua bail Fitz out in some of those games and vice versa? Or is Fitz just immune to that criticism?

Dolfans that check the forums every day may be tired of the Tua talk but you better be ready for a season of the media comparing Tua to Herbert//Burrow, as well as the new rookie QB crop.

Since the tank started in 2019, the Dolphins dumped Tannehill for a 4th round pick, used a 2nd round pick on Rosen, used a 1st round on Tua, passed on Herbert, and traded out of drafting Lance, Fields, or Jones.

Considering how much of the QB landscape the Dolphins have directly controlled the past 2 years by tanking to draft an elite QB, we're going to see Tua comparisons all day, every day until he becomes an elite QB in the league. We deserve this.

We had a chance to draft either and chose Tua

Long term the FO think he's a better fit

They know what they are doing where as you and me are just fans
I sure hope you are right. I’m just more of an “ill believe it when I see it“ type. But that goes for any player, not just Tua. I’m certainly rooting for him.

Herbert and Burrow were not recovering and rehabbing a broken hip nor were they in an offense that had no personal design to the Qb’s skill set.

Tua was in an offense that was tailored to Fitzpatrick, it was the only reason why The offensive coordinator came out of retirement..

Also the coordinator imo did not approve of the Tua insertion, and was not prepared..

These are real factors that need to be taken into account when making comparisons to other qbs
I don't buy the hip excuse. I don't think Flores would've played Tua if he wasn't 100% certain he was physically ready. I can see the OC argument, but Tua and the offense looked pretty good against Arizona and the Chargers, then he played wildly inconsistently for the last 6 games of the year. I'd put it more on Tua just being a rookie and maybe some fatigue more than anything else as the reasons his play dropped off so much as the year went by.

Tua was on a team coming off a 5-11 record and he went 7-3.
counting the jets and raider games as tua wins? 93 yards vs the rams and less than 170 vs both the chargers and pats.

but yeah, there probably aren't many other if any QBs in the league that win those games.

this team won in spite of it's shitty QB play. not because of it.

I don't buy the hip excuse. I don't think Flores would've played Tua if he wasn't 100% certain he was physically ready. I can see the OC argument, but Tua and the offense looked pretty good against Arizona and the Chargers, then he played wildly inconsistently for the last 6 games of the year. I'd put it more on Tua just being a rookie and maybe some fatigue more than anything else as the reasons his play dropped off so much as the year went by.
his whole offseason was about rehabbing a major injury which takes up most of your time, dealing with the emotional part of it as well, not having to deal with those physical and mental struggles is a great advantage.jmo

Back
Top Bottom