Tua vs. Herbert/Burrow | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua vs. Herbert/Burrow

Well again the league gladly handed the ROY to a QB who led his team to the worst defeat in franchise history - a franchise bolstered by a bunch of Jags on an already depleted Pats roster - Go figure???

I mean seriously a little balance would be NICE ... wins count too - ask the GOAT whether he cares who bailed him out in SBs most recently Vs. Atlanta and Seattle

A win is a win and they hard to get
Come on man. You can have a QB play terrible and win, and you can have a QB play great and lose. You already know this. And when Tua gets us to a few SB's, you can start comparing him to Brady.

What don't you buy about the hip excuse? It is pure common sense that he would never have been back at 100% last season. Many people on this board talked about it a ton before the draft, some even said it may be best to basically RS him. Go back and read some draft articles where they had Doctors opine on his health. They all said he should be 100% healed from the injury, as in the bone would been 100% healed. So he would be cleared to play. But the also talked about other issues a big one was once he was healed it could take 6 months or longer to get full range of motion back in the hip. Again still fine to play but not 100% peak condition.

The whole 60% that the trainer said has been way overblown both ways and due to bad context. The trainer wasn't saying overall Tua was at 60%. He was referring to the muscle strength of the injured hip vs the other non injured hip. Look at it in a very simple way. A guy can curl 150 with each arm. Then he rips up his right elbow. Now he has 3-6 months where has basically zero activities with that arm. Then it is rehab time where you are working on flexability and motion in the elbow. Probably at best you just went a minimum of 6 months with little to no strenuous activity on your right arm. Guess what you are not curling 150 for a while with that arm just not how the human works. He will be 100% able to do curls just will take a while to get back to curling 150 again.

Now Tua broke a damn hip. How many lifting/cardio activities can you do without pressure on the hip region? Not many. Gaining the strength and cardio doesn't happen over night.

As for the no way Flo would play Tua at 60% argument I have seen from you,yes he would. Once a player is 100% cleared to play he plays in practice. Flo isn't going to call up Bama and ask for what Tua his squat numbers looked like last year and say well until he is lifting 90% of that he can't play. No once a player is cleared to play coached base wether they start or play based on hiw they are currently playing at the time.

Basically if you try and flat out say that the hip injury wouldn't be a big factor this season from a strength and conditioning stand point you are one of two things. You just hate Tua or you have basically zero understanding if how the human body works.

Now I am not stating Tua will be great bad or whatever just that the hip injury was always going to be a factor this season for sure. Now going forward this season he has had the time to get back to were he was before or maybe even better from a strength/conditioning stand point. All about his work ethic at this point.

Come on man. You can have a QB play terrible and win, and you can have a QB play great and lose. You already know this. And when Tua gets us to a few SB's, you can start comparing him to Brady.
Who is comparing Tua to Brady? Brady gonna take wins over stats

Winners do that

Wins are Wins stats without wins???

What is is the excuse for Herbert who had a great season but couldn’t beat the Jags replacing the jags who were replacing the jags games like this cost SD a chance for the POs.

Here is the general answer from posters on this board

Well he won ROY??? Talk about deflection - I mean yes they give it awards every year - and Topps will make a commemorative card to tribute it -

Doesn’t answer whether a QB can push it down the field in the 4th Quarter and seal a win or comeback from a deficit

7A42D819-896F-4BC2-92EC-902B7E52460F.jpeg

What don't you buy about the hip excuse? It is pure common sense that he would never have been back at 100% last season. Many people on this board talked about it a ton before the draft, some even said it may be best to basically RS him. Go back and read some draft articles where they had Doctors opine on his health. They all said he should be 100% healed from the injury, as in the bone would been 100% healed. So he would be cleared to play. But the also talked about other issues a big one was once he was healed it could take 6 months or longer to get full range of motion back in the hip. Again still fine to play but not 100% peak condition.

The whole 60% that the trainer said has been way overblown both ways and due to bad context. The trainer wasn't saying overall Tua was at 60%. He was referring to the muscle strength of the injured hip vs the other non injured hip. Look at it in a very simple way. A guy can curl 150 with each arm. Then he rips up his right elbow. Now he has 3-6 months where has basically zero activities with that arm. Then it is rehab time where you are working on flexability and motion in the elbow. Probably at best you just went a minimum of 6 months with little to no strenuous activity on your right arm. Guess what you are not curling 150 for a while with that arm just not how the human works. He will be 100% able to do curls just will take a while to get back to curling 150 again.

Now Tua broke a damn hip. How many lifting/cardio activities can you do without pressure on the hip region? Not many. Gaining the strength and cardio doesn't happen over night.

As for the no way Flo would play Tua at 60% argument I have seen from you,yes he would. Once a player is 100% cleared to play he plays in practice. Flo isn't going to call up Bama and ask for what Tua his squat numbers looked like last year and say well until he is lifting 90% of that he can't play. No once a player is cleared to play coached base wether they start or play based on hiw they are currently playing at the time.

Basically if you try and flat out say that the hip injury wouldn't be a big factor this season from a strength and conditioning stand point you are one of two things. You just hate Tua or you have basically zero understanding if how the human body works.

Now I am not stating Tua will be great bad or whatever just that the hip injury was always going to be a factor this season for sure. Now going forward this season he has had the time to get back to were he was before or maybe even better from a strength/conditioning stand point. All about his work ethic at this point.
He needed the reps his head is squarely on he will improve, not the fragile lamb who pulls Himself out of critical situations type. So the reps were important to FO and I don’t care that he got humbled a bit it is good for the ego. When his body is right he will look like an even newer version of himself

He didn’t look fast and ready to play after the last tight rope surgery but he did Because he is a gamer - he paid dearly but the entirety of work will pay off this year

Winners do that

What is is the excuse for Herbert who had a great season but couldn’t beat the Jags replacing the jags who were replacing the jags games like this cost SD a chance for the POs.

Well he won ROY??? Talk about deflection - I mean yes they give it awards every year - and Topps will make a commemorative card to tribute it -

Doesn’t answer whether a QB can push it down the field in the 4th Quarter and seal a win or comeback from a deficit

View attachment 79234
As I stated I am rooting for Tua
But I think you say don't judge Tua his rookie year because of this, that, injury being one of them which I agree had effects but totally judge another rookie over one bad game? not to put words in your mouth but is that correct?
if not my apologies
just from a prospect point of view I thought Herbert had mostly all over Tua and then you add the injury and again that makes me pick Herbert in a redo
Then you add the rookie years and the stark difference in athletic ability is is no contest
Hey I am prove wrong ...good for us

Not to bring up another sore topic but there were so many that said RT had no ability to be clutch, come back in the 4th Q so I kind of dismiss that one here
Looking forward to see what he can do under mutch better circumstances including legit WR's

So that explains why his best games were his second and third starts? Because of his hip? And there is ZERO chance Flores would start the future of the franchise at 60% when he already had a competent QB and the team was .500, if that's the case, Flo should be fired.

A second? Not 10 seconds?

Jags upon Jags upon Jags foiled Herbert

Herbert looked confused and or injured against Miami last year - he was foiled and it would take you less than a second to determine that Herbert is head and shoulders above Tua?? Oh wait... he is in height -

Tua is built like a brick Shiat house - he will have his mobility back and that glorious footwork, hips and shoulders aligned in unison that works with his sharp mind

He will show everyone why he was so high on scouts boards for so long.

Sure he won’t be firing into as many tight windows because he won’t need to I hope it does get easy for the Offense Because that 50/50 ball Offense was ugly to the eye test last season

As I stated I am rooting for Tua
But I think you say don't judge Tua his rookie year because of this, that, injury being one of them which I agree had effects but totally judge another rookie over one bad game? not to put words in your mouth but is that correct?
if not my apologies
just from a prospect point of view I thought Herbert had mostly all over Tua and then you add the injury and again that makes me pick Herbert in a redo
Then you add the rookie years and the stark difference in athletic ability is is no contest
Hey I am prove wrong ...good for us

Not to bring up another sore topic but there were so many that said RT had no ability to be clutch, come back in the 4th Q so I kind of dismiss that one here
Looking forward to see what he can do under mutch better circumstances including legit WR's
One bad game?

Winners do that

View attachment 79234
Would you like me to post Tua's bad games? Or any other QB's for that matter to make an argument? Herbert was better than Tua last year, period. Put Herbert's performance on the Dolphins and we probably would've made the playoffs. Hopefully Tua surpasses Herbert moving forward, but last year, Herbert was better. That shouldn't be so hard to accept.

Would you like me to post Tua's bad games? Or any other QB's for that matter to make an argument? Herbert was better than Tua last year, period. Put Herbert's performance on the Dolphins and we probably would've made the playoffs. Hopefully Tua surpasses Herbert moving forward, but last year, Herbert was better. That shouldn't be so hard to accept.
What if we put Tua on the Chargers team with those skill players, would he have all those stats coming from behind as well and be ROTY?

What if we put Tua on the Chargers team with those skill players, would he have all those stats coming from behind as well and be ROTY?
Maybe. We could play the "what if" game with literally any player in the history of the NFL.

I don’t have to accept anything I am playing the long game not the short game

The FO knew they drafted an injured player - the fact Tua has stats is something to behold

Herbert pooed the bed against a very depleted team of Jags take a look at the team Herbert faced - 1/3 of those players will probly not suit up for anyone this Season this does not bode well for the future of the Chargers - I mean likely every D coordinator sent Bellichek a fruit basket after that game - Herbert better strap those chin straps up for 2022

This is Herbert who couldn’t provide more of a test against a Dolphins D that was good at turning over the ball but couldn’t stop a runny nose should tell everyone to pump the brakes on Herbert

Wins and Losses that is what counts

Back
Top Bottom