Tua's Back | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua's Back

I just hope its not a lingering thing, i hurt my back junior year jumping on a fumble and being the bottom man in a pile up, years later i was still having flare ups and spasms. And im sure i looked like Tua too, wouldnt really lose balance but back would just go into wonky mode and bout knock me down.

I was arguing in the chat thing though that it could be his back flaring up before it was even announced...IIRC, i was pounding the beers pretty quick
Pretty solid medical team the Phins have though vs your HS I would assume. Guess we'll find out.

I've had lower back issues for years, actually had surgery last year and when it would flare up and I'd get spasms (which are so ****in painful) they don't go away in 20 minutes. Backs just don't feel better that quickly. I'm not saying him hurting his back is not possible but it's suspect for sure

My spasms are the exact opposite.

They come, they go. They never linger.

I flail and fall just like Tua did. Unless it's a continuous thing, I am right back up looking at everyone asking if I need to go to the hospital. I'm like " why? What's wrong. I'm fine"

But everyone's experience is different.

A back injury is different from back spasms reaction wise. From my experience

I'm still skeptical that it was his back that was hurt. The way he was wobbling while walking, looked like he got his bell rung. I think they knew we had no chance without him and made up the back injury. Just my opinion of course
i thought the same thing but if you notice how Tua reacted when he got up from his QB sneak, he definitely hurt something on that play too

I'm still skeptical that it was his back that was hurt. The way he was wobbling while walking, looked like he got his bell rung. I think they knew we had no chance without him and made up the back injury. Just my opinion of course
That seems unlikely unless you think they paid off the independent neurologist.

To be honest I would take the concussion over the back! Backs are a tricky thing, I used to think people were pussies with back issues until once in my mid-20's I did something to mine lifting and didn't listen to it. Went out drinking and decided to have a buddy try to crack it for me and after a night of booze and bullshit, woke up and tried to take a step and fell flat on my face.

Yeah I don't **** with my back anymore! I listen to it.

Pretty solid medical team the Phins have though vs your HS I would assume. Guess we'll find out.
no **** genius, its why i said i hope it doesnt have lingering effects though. you can treat, rehab, do whatever you want to some injuries but they can still linger and flare up regardless of if you have the worlds best doctor on it

No more QB sneaks please! The Bills piled on him on the first one early in the game. He looked like he got dinged there originally.
He said during his interview after the game that during the qb sneak, someone was on his legs and the bills players kept on pushing his body up so it hyperextended his back. Those are not only painfully but dangerous

Speaking as a guy who has had 2 lower back surgeries, I can tell you from the way Tua stumbled that he probably had a nerve in his back pinched during the fall.

While I was in the hospital recuperating from my first back surgery, I would walk down the hallways using a walker in case something happened, well something did happen. I took a step and the left side of my body collapsed along with an enormous burst of pain in my back. If I hadn't been holding onto the walker, I would have hit the floor hard with my head.

I was so traumatized by the event I would not leave the bed without my walker. After a week with no following events, I got my nerve up and did a lap around the floor. I did not need to use the walker, but I carried it with me just in case.

There is no doubt in my mind that Tua suffered a back injury. Watching the reruns of his initial hit, I saw he first landed on the ground on the small of his back and then the rest of his body hit the ground ending with his head. It looked like his helmet absorbed most of the shock of his head hitting the ground.

I'll be interested in seeing what the review of the "concussion" protocol comes back with.

My concern now is that there is some lingering damage to his back that could cause him to "breakdown" without any initial notice. I hope his evaluation today clearly identifies what happened and hopefully no corrective surgery will be needed.

I remember seeing on the broadcast after the QB sneak Tua sitting on the bench trying to stretch his back. So, I saw he had a back issue right there. No doubt that his back was the problem, not a concussion. Of course I'm not a doctor, nor play one on TV...

He did get folded on that QB sneak earlier in the game.
After a heavy deadlift session i can lose stabilization in my lower back and get bambi legs, i'm not sure i'm convinced it was that either but it's not out of the realm of possibility.

Back
Top Bottom