Tua's Back | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua's Back

And this is my thing with coach MCD, you have Tua who threw for 6 tds last week, let him stand in gun with his weapons and have him throw for a TD instead of a qb sneak. That how he got injured yesterday. If that play doesn’t happen, then the head hit Tua got yesterday wouldn’t have been a big issue. He probably would’ve just laid there for a few minutes to gather himself

The independent neurologist too?

Or just Dolphins?
Did you not watch the play? He clearly hit the back of his head on the turf, then got up and wobbled right back down. All this was caught on TV, so I'm not too concerned with what the team or some neurologist says

Either way, the NFLPA is investigating this and they should.

Did you not watch the play? He clearly hit the back of his head on the turf, then got up and wobbled right back down. All this was caught on TV, so I'm not too concerned with what the team or some neurologist says

Yes he hit his head. Does not mean he had a real concussion.

Yes he hit his head. Does not mean he had a real concussion.
Maybe maybe not, based on what we saw, I find it difficult to believe he didn't sustain a head injury that, at the very least, should have kept him out longer than just through halftime. When he buckled to the turf, that looked scary.

But yeah, we're all just speculating anyway. Let's see if the investigation turns anything up

I remember one morning I woke up, put my feet on the ground, and then tried standing up and went straight to the ground because nerves in my ankle had gotten compressed the day before on a long trail run.

I have zero doubt he passed the concussion protocol. I also noticed how crushed he got on that QB sneak. The brain and nervous system are a complex mess that we don't fully understand yet. I just hope Tua shows no concussion or back issues this short week.

Didn't he also land on his back?

I'm suspect of the back injury as well. They knew if he went out with a concussion he was obviously out for the rest of the game but out for the Thursday game as well.
You obviously have never had a back injury. Because of the arthritis in my lower back, when I get up in the morning I have to hold on to something until I am able to walk or I will stumble like Tua did.

I can’t see the doctors letting Tua go back in the game if he suffered a possible concussion. Tua said it was his back that caused him to almost fall down and I see absolutely no reason to believe he would lie just to be able to go back in the game.

Maybe maybe not, based on what we saw, I find it difficult to believe he didn't sustain a head injury that, at the very least, should have kept him out longer than just through halftime. When he buckled to the turf, that looked scary.

But yeah, we're all just speculating anyway. Let's see if the investigation turns anything up
You do realize that you can be knocked out cold and not have a concussion right? They have strict protocols in place that teams can't overrule. Yes the PA will investigate because of people that overreact to every little thing these days. The investigation will last 5 minutes and be done.

I've had lower back issues for years, actually had surgery last year and when it would flare up and I'd get spasms (which are so ****in painful) they don't go away in 20 minutes. Backs just don't feel better that quickly. I'm not saying him hurting his back is not possible but it's suspect for sure

You obviously have never had a back injury. Because of the arthritis in my lower back, when I get up in the morning I have to hold on to something until I am able to walk or I will stumble like Tua did.

I can’t see the doctors letting Tua go back in the game if he suffered a possible concussion. Tua said it was his back that caused him to almost fall down and I see absolutely no reason to believe he would lie just to be able to go back in the game.
No offense but I've had severe back problems for 20 years to the point surgery was recommended. Last incident was 6 months ago where I was completely immobile for over a week. Had steroid injections to ease the pain and that certainly helped. I'm not saying Tua didn't suffer a back injury nor am I saying the Dolphins did anything nefarious. If they say he passed concussion protocol than I'm sure he did. I just see too much of a coincidence with his head bouncing off the turf and 3 seconds later he's wobbly... that's all.

Back
Top Bottom