Tua's Back | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua's Back

Sorry for giving my opinion on a message board. Yes I think it is suspect that he hits his head on the turf put his hands up to his head, gets up and staggers and we can't have an opinion that its all related. I'm not saying he didn't hurt his back, I'm sure he did that as well.
How dare you....

I remember Tua trying a QB sneak earlier in the game and was stopped short.

When the pile cleared Tua’s legs looked trapped and he was bent over a player backwards that looked like an extreme angle for his back.

I thought he was hurt on that play, which he probably was, but he toughed it out until the Milano push.
He really did look crooked on that QB sneak. Looked like a small stick in a pile of boulders.

Goes to show despite his recent success that coach is still human afterall.

Tua had not business trying a QB sneak down there on goalline.

He's not Cam Newton or Josh Allen. Meaning one of these physically imposing QBs.

Bad! Bad! Call by the coach.
I'm not going to argue with that logic, I'd like to keep Tua healthy but Tom Brady is fantastic picking up really short yardage with QB sneaks. He isn't exactly imposing physically

Sorry for giving my opinion on a message board. Yes I think it is suspect that he hits his head on the turf put his hands up to his head, gets up and staggers and we can't have an opinion that its all related. I'm not saying he didn't hurt his back, I'm sure he did that as well.
No problem with opinions, assuming they are backed by something.

He was examined by independent medical staff, and it was determined to their satisfaction that there was no concussion. So ppl that are saying he was concussed, and shouldn't have been allowed to return, are basing it on far less information than those actually there examining the player.

Some even suggest that there was some "conspiracy" afoot to subvert, and circumvent, the protocols in place.

Is it possible that Tua was, somehow, able to hoodwink the doctor? I suppose it's possible, but isn't far more likely that there was no actual concussion?

My spasms are the exact opposite.

They come, they go. They never linger.

I flail and fall just like Tua did. Unless it's a continuous thing, I am right back up looking at everyone asking if I need to go to the hospital. I'm like " why? What's wrong. I'm fine"

But everyone's experience is different.

A back injury is different from back spasms reaction wise. From my experience
I have had upper back issues -- pinched nerve in my upper back. And when it flares and shoots into my arms bad enough, I can't move my left arm.

He was examined by independent medical staff, and it was determined to their satisfaction that there was no concussion. So ppl that are saying he was concussed, and shouldn't have been allowed to return, are basing it on far less information than those actually there examining the player.

Some even suggest that there was some "conspiracy" afoot to subvert, and circumvent, the protocols in place.

Is it possible that Tua was, somehow, able to hoodwink the doctor? I suppose it's possible, but isn't far more likely that there was no actual concussion?

Part of me wonders those that are saying these things is it truly because they wanted to protect the “player” or is it because the “player” helped secure a Dolphins victory?

Not only are they basing it on less information that the independent medical staff that examined him, they also are basing it their medical 'knowledge' v. a trained physician.

Did you not watch the play? He clearly hit the back of his head on the turf, then got up and wobbled right back down. All this was caught on TV, so I'm not too concerned with what the team or some neurologist says

Either way, the NFLPA is investigating this and they should.
I'll take 'some neurologist' after the guy watching tv from his couch.

Not only are they basing it on less information that the independent medical staff that examined him, they also are basing it their medical 'knowledge' v. a trained physician.
Well, to be fair, they may not be doctors, but they may have played one in their high school drama class.

Did you not watch the play? He clearly hit the back of his head on the turf, then got up and wobbled right back down. All this was caught on TV, so I'm not too concerned with what the team or some neurologist says

They are not investigating the specific decision. They are investigating to determine if the protocol requirements are satisfactory and sufficient. You imply they are investigating the organization for wrongdoing, when that is not at all the case.

I'm not even sure the NFLPA has standing to force the issue legally, if there is no complaint by the affected member parties.

Well I've never suggested any of those things. I have no doubt he passed the concussion protocol probably because the independent medical staff deemed he didn't have a concussion but I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that as a result of him hitting his head on the turf (pretty hard by the way) and subsequently sort of holding his head and then stumbling when he got up those actions were a result of head trauma even though it may not have been a concussion. That's all I was getting at.

For the record, the NFLPA isn't investigating it. They are asking the NFL to investigate it. And if he was cleared by both the Dolphins staff AND a league supplied nuetral expert, then procedure was followed. That's the bottom line.....if procedure was followed, then any investigation is moot. If the NFLPA disagrees with the procedure, then they need to negotiate a different procedure into their next contract.

Back
Top Bottom