Tua's Back | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua's Back

So the NFL doc, Miami doc, Tua and everybody faked a passing concussion exam?
see I agree with that 100% - that's exactly where my head went as well. At the same time if his back was that jacked up that he couldn't walk it's also weird that he would be OK to play the 2nd half....I think the process will be interesting. That said if it truly is his back he might be in more pain today than yesterday!

Last edited:
No offense but I've had severe back problems for 20 years to the point surgery was recommended. Last incident was 6 months ago where I was completely immobile for over a week. Had steroid injections to ease the pain and that certainly helped. I'm not saying Tua didn't suffer a back injury nor am I saying the Dolphins did anything nefarious. If they say he passed concussion protocol than I'm sure he did. I just see too much of a coincidence with his head bouncing off the turf and 3 seconds later he's wobbly... that's all.
Sorry, I didn’t mean to question your health history. I have just seen a lot of people who haven’t experience back problem question why I am sometimes unstable on my legs when I get up after sitting or laying down for a period of time.

They see me walking after I have been up and moving around and they don’t seem to understand why I just can’t pop up and take off every time.

I do agree that when he went down, it did look like it was a possible concussion based on how his helmet hit the ground. Yet he claimed it was his back injury causing him to stumble and I see no reason to question what he said.

Reports are that the medical staff did examine him for a possible concussion and they cleared him. As careful as the league has been recently concerning concussions. i just can’t see any medical doctor for an NFL team clearing a player as quickly as they did Tua unless they were convinced he did not suffer a concussion on that play.

I've had lower back issues for years, actually had surgery last year and when it would flare up and I'd get spasms (which are so ****in painful) they don't go away in 20 minutes. Backs just don't feel better that quickly. I'm not saying him hurting his back is not possible but it's suspect for sure
And concussion symptoms resolve in 30 minutes???

The guy passed an independently observed neurological evaluation from a licensed neurologist.... if the neurologist wasn't satisfied with the results Tua wouldn't have returned.... no way that guy is risking his license, future, and a potential massive malpractice lawsuit to get a QB back into the game.

It's kinda weird how the PA has to investigate the Dolphins for the Tua injury but whenever someone like Herbert continues to play with several hundred broken bones, he's just a warrior and worthy of praise
They aren't investigating the Dolphins.... they are investigating the actual concussion protocols.

This might cause anyone who is ordered off the field after getting smashed to miss the rest of the game in the future... or it'll be a sticking point during the next CBA work stoppage.

It's kinda weird how the PA has to investigate the Dolphins for the Tua injury but whenever someone like Herbert continues to play with several hundred broken bones, he's just a warrior and worthy of praise
The NFL had to pay out nearly a billion dollars to settle claims by former players who suffered concussions during their playing days.

Players play hurt all the time and that includes with broken bones on occasion. The players union would only step in if a team forced a player to play with an injury the player felt he could not play with. If a player decides to play with any injury except a concussion, the union isn’t going become involved in that situation.

Injuries are part of the game and every player knows that going in. Some players can play with pain and injuries and some can’t. Until the owners are sued and forced to pay players millions of dollars for playing players with injuries other than concussions, you will continue to see players on the field that have various injuries.

I remember Tua trying a QB sneak earlier in the game and was stopped short.

When the pile cleared Tua’s legs looked trapped and he was bent over a player backwards that looked like an extreme angle for his back.

I thought he was hurt on that play, which he probably was, but he toughed it out until the Milano push.

I don't necessarily know that he got a concussion, I think he certainly got his "bell rung" when his head bounced off that turf. The fact that he hits his head, gets up, sort of shakes his head and stumbles is too much of a coincidence but I have no idea, just what I suspect.
What do you think "having your bell rung means"??!

If the source of his staggering is deemed to be neurogically-derived, he can't go back in the game. End of.

You can't have "your bell rung" and it not be neurogically-derived.

You also can't realistically collapse from back spasms and then be fine 20 mins later.

What do you think "having your bell rung means"??!

If the source of his staggering is deemed to be neurogically-derived, he can't go back in the game. End of.

You can't have "your bell rung" and it not be neurogically-derived.

You also can't realistically collapse from back spasms and then be fine 20 mins later.
I can tell you frequent the Holiday Inn......AmIright? Since having ones "bell rung" is NOT an accepted medical term, it's irrelevant what you think it means.

You are absolutely correct about the bolded part. I can only surmise, then, that the source of the misstep was NOT deemed a concussion by the Medical staff on site.

And this is my thing with coach MCD, you have Tua who threw for 6 tds last week, let him stand in gun with his weapons and have him throw for a TD instead of a qb sneak. That how he got injured yesterday. If that play doesn’t happen, then the head hit Tua got yesterday wouldn’t have been a big issue. He probably would’ve just laid there for a few minutes to gather himself

Goes to show despite his recent success that coach is still human afterall.

Tua had not business trying a QB sneak down there on goalline.

He's not Cam Newton or Josh Allen. Meaning one of these physically imposing QBs.

Bad! Bad! Call by the coach.

Goes to show despite his recent success that coach is still human afterall.

Tua had not business trying a QB sneak down there on goalline.

He's not Cam Newton or Josh Allen. Meaning one of these physically imposing QBs.

Bad! Bad! Call by the coach.
100% hopefully he’ll learn from that

I'm suspect of the back injury as well. They knew if he went out with a concussion he was obviously out for the rest of the game but out for the Thursday game as well.

Some of you are being ridiculous about this. Do you understand how the concussion protocol works?

Tua was cleared by an independent party. The NFLPA wants to investigate if the process was followed properly but that doesn’t change the fact that an independent party not affiliated with the Miami Dolphins cleared him up play.

So stop with all the “suspect” garbage.

The only thing suspect are some fans understanding of this entire picture.

Some of you are being ridiculous about this. Do you understand how the concussion protocol works?

Tua was cleared by an independent party. The NFLPA wants to investigate if the process was followed properly but that doesn’t change the fact that an independent party not affiliated with the Miami Dolphins cleared him up play.

So stop with all the “suspect” garbage.

The only thing suspect are some fans understanding of this entire picture.
Sorry for giving my opinion on a message board. Yes I think it is suspect that he hits his head on the turf put his hands up to his head, gets up and staggers and we can't have an opinion that its all related. I'm not saying he didn't hurt his back, I'm sure he did that as well.

Back
Top Bottom