Tua's Draft Decision January 6th (Decided To Enter Draft) | Page 63 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua's Draft Decision January 6th (Decided To Enter Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else notice the slow but steady increase of QB Love hype? I expect him to be a riser and land between 15-32 if it keeps up.
What is up with this guy i watched every pass he threw a couple games against a decent team and i didn't come away with franchise QB.

Really though with Tua there really was no suspense, what was he going to do next year sit on the bench and cheerlead? at least now he will collect a few millions of dollars to do it.

I’m hearing some say only takes pick 27 on top of pick 5. Ha ha that’s throw in

good luck

Not a fan of trading up for him. Those teams will want a ransom. All those beautiful picks for a risk. I'm good with waiting until 5 and seeing who falls to us. If he is there, sure go for it. If not, then use those picks for Sunshine Lawrence next year. Stud without major injury risks.
All those beautiful picks are a risk as well or do you think every draft pick is entitled to a job?

I get your point. I just wish we could make it easier on ourselves. But that never happens.
I was guilty of rooting for wins every week even when it would only hurt us long term. It felt good then but I am feeling the hurt of the Eagles/Pats wins now that's for sure.

If Tua is that super generational talent than the Lions will pick him at 3. They will play Stafford til his contract ends in a couple of years and then hope that Tua is the heir. I am not sure why everybody counts the Lions out. Even if they are in win-now mode who are they going to get in FA who could replace Stafford who would make such a huge difference next year. And they are certainly not just one player away from winning it all mode.

If you have to trade you have to trade up to 2. The Lions could actually trade up to 2 to make sure nobody else can trade up. There is a mega gap in points between 3 and 4, almost 500 points. A trade like that would be rather inexpensive for the Lions (compare to other teams) and it guarantees that the Skins still get Young.
There are no guaranteed super generational talents. And playing Stafford for two years while a 'super generational talent' sits takes two years off his rookie contract and two years closer to free agency.

I was guilty of rooting for wins every week even when it would only hurt us long term. It felt good then but I am feeling the hurt of the Eagles/Pats wins now that's for sure.
The Pats win did not change our draft position.

The Pats win did not change our draft position.
Coupled with the Eagles win it moved us down 3 draft spots. Although I could probably have said Eagles/Jets win or something I guess it doesnt matter at that point. Just those 2 extra wins is what I was meaning.

The Lions brain trust cannot afford to pick Tua unless they trade Stafford for immediate returns. They've been given one more year and the playoffs are expected. However, for that reason they are a candidate to trade down in order to try and fill another hole with a first round pick.
Why not? If Stafford comes back healthy? Tua would be perfect to rehab and sit behind Stafford for 3 years. It is not like they were complete crap before Stafford went down. They were 3-5-1 when Stafford went down but the offense played pretty well. The problems they had were on D. When Stafford went down they went winless the rest of the way. The offense went from well above 20 points per game to below or at 20/game.
With the DC stepping down they probably could afford to take a shot at Tua.

And if they trade down I doubt it would be for a couple spots. So a team which might want to snatch a QB will move into that slot.

There are no guaranteed super generational talents. And playing Stafford for two years while a 'super generational talent' sits takes two years off his rookie contract and two years closer to free agency.
Actually I should have put generational in "" like this "generational". It is not my description of Tua. I used in a mocking way because that's what I hear from the beginning of the year from those who wanted us to tank.

In 2012 draft, the Skins traded from 6 to 2 to draft RG3. Besides their 6th, they sent their first round picks in 2013 and 2014 and 2nd round in 2012.

That was so awesome to see them trade their future for a glass player lol!

A few days ago people were banging the table for Jordan Love or Justin Herbert at the 5 spot. Obviously Tua is the better prospect, but if you go from willing to draft a Love or Herbert to being willing to trade multiple picks to get Tua does that mean you really never believed Love or Herbert were worthy of the 5 spot talent wise. I mean if you draft a qb that high shouldn't that mean you have strong feeling they'll be a pretty good NFL qb.

I’d offer Washington to start pick 5 pick 27 and the Texans 2nd rounder next year.

fully expect them to say no or someone to trump it. So then I’d go 5 27 and the saints 2nd rounder this year. Again I expect them to say no. I’d try to avoid giving up that 18 pick but if I can substitute that in place of 27 id do it for my qb.

but I definitely think 2021 picks could be in play here. Especially if I can get away with giving up the Texans 2nd rounder next year. You can have that.

they gonna ask for Miami picks if it’s futures not the other teams ones we have. They no dummies lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom