Tua's Draft Decision January 6th (Decided To Enter Draft) | Page 65 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua's Draft Decision January 6th (Decided To Enter Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.
But that's why you walk away. It's the Texans picks or Nadda!!!
If you truly believe he's your franchise QB going forward, and the medical checks out.... then there really isn't a price tag. You get him, or whoever, whatever the cost. Nothing is more important than landing an elite QB prospect.

This entire rebuild is pointless without it.

I have no interest in being the Rams or Bills with their SB caliber defenses and shitty QBs.

If you truly believe he's your franchise QB going forward, and the medical checks out.... then there really isn't a price tag. You get him, or whoever, whatever the cost. Nothing is more important than landing an elite QB prospect.
I agree with this but a goodbye GM doesn’t have to give up the farm. Keep in mind I don’t think NYG are in play- so many team that wants Tua must negotiate either with US or against US.
We have 2 hands to play here.

You guys remember the Bears trading up for Trubitsky? I'm not comparing the
Why not? If Stafford comes back healthy? Tua would be perfect to rehab and sit behind Stafford for 3 years. It is not like they were complete crap before Stafford went down. They were 3-5-1 when Stafford went down but the offense played pretty well. The problems they had were on D. When Stafford went down they went winless the rest of the way. The offense went from well above 20 points per game to below or at 20/game.
With the DC stepping down they probably could afford to take a shot at Tua.

And if they trade down I doubt it would be for a couple spots. So a team which might want to snatch a QB will move into that slot.
Because ownership wants a winner now and they also have plenty of holes to fill. Look at the division they have to play in and ask yourself if you're going to draft a QB to sit behind Stafford when your job is on the line.

I hate Tuas medical, absolutely hate it but I would much rather gamble on medical vs. talent. The last time we walked away from a qb because of medical it didnt turn out so well. I would have no problem drafting him at 5 or even trading up a bit to make it happen, I just would give up multiple 1st round picks to do it

By trading up to #2, You're at least certain to land one of the 2... I want Tua, but Burrow is a nice consolation prize...

Daniel Jeremiah said Burrow has the best feel for pressure out of any QB he's ever scouted, IDK about that but he damn good with his pocket movement.

Why not? If Stafford comes back healthy? Tua would be perfect to rehab and sit behind Stafford for 3 years. It is not like they were complete crap before Stafford went down. They were 3-5-1 when Stafford went down but the offense played pretty well. The problems they had were on D. When Stafford went down they went winless the rest of the way. The offense went from well above 20 points per game to below or at 20/game.
With the DC stepping down they probably could afford to take a shot at Tua.

And if they trade down I doubt it would be for a couple spots. So a team which might want to snatch a QB will move into that slot.

Can the Lions who need to win NOW afford to take a chance on someone like Tua? Is QB play the main reason why they haven't been more successful? If you're the Lions how do you not accept a trade scenerio and add immediate day 1 impact players to your roster to complement your current QB?

OK, this wasn't really a decision ... it was a media hype event. There was a 0% chance he wasn't going to enter the draft unless he was too injured. Even if he goes in the 2nd round, it still makes sense to go into this draft. If he's a 2nd rounder, the team doesn't get an extra year option, so he hits FA and mega-money earlier. If he's injury prone, all the more reason to play while you can, before you start constantly breaking down. If he's a flop, get what you can now. If he's successful, get to FA as fast as you can. It's a no-brainer ... it was never a "decision."

This entire rebuild is pointless without it.

I have no interest in being the Rams or Bills with their SB caliber defenses and ****ty QBs.

I think the critically important factor in your statement here is, it all depends on WHO the " You " is you are referring to. Most "You's" judgements didn't really get us anywhere and I'm not very comfortable with half of FH as You's either.
IMO. realize to have success you need a quality and not necessarily the best QB, with, and the with just as important, a quality OL, WR, RB and TE, and thats basic football knowledge 101...For real success you can't have one without the other, oh ya and through a good defense in there too...

And then there is the Tannehill sydrome. Didn't do so well with the Dolphins so called rebuild. Funny thing he seems to be lighting it up with actual quality around him ( Hmmmm maybe that is important ? )
Its an interesting point kind of like what came first the chicken or the egg ?

Oh ya the medical evaluation also not a sure thing and in this serious of a injury just another crap shot the organization better be thinking about...

I agree with this but a goodbye GM doesn’t have to give up the farm. Keep in mind I don’t think NYG are in play- so many team that wants Tua must negotiate either with US or against US.
We have 2 hands to play here.

Nyg not in play for a qb? Yeah I agree. But not in play for a trade out? No

I think all of those teams in front of us minus cinci are prime trade out candidates.

It is scary having the chargers so close behind us right now. When someone said they were pick 6 I about gagged.

It is scary having the chargers so close behind us right now. When someone said they were pick 6 I about gagged.

I remember in It's A Wonderful Life when they say every time a bell rings, Rivers throws a pick 6 and his wife pumps out another kid.

They are 100% trading up if they want Tua. Dolphins will need to smokescreen the hell outta this regardless of who they want.

you guys talking about trading up for tua have lost your ******* minds. tua will be there at 5 and the dolphins will make the mistake of taking him. relax.

I was just making an observation. Try using a little common sense. Although I will say I’m not a big fan of lower legs that thin.

I'm not a fan of his frame either but the way he eludes pressure might extend his shelf life in the NFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom