Tua's Draft Decision January 6th (Decided To Enter Draft) | Page 64 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua's Draft Decision January 6th (Decided To Enter Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d offer Washington to start pick 5 pick 27 and the Texans 2nd rounder next year.

fully expect them to say no or someone to trump it. So then I’d go 5 27 and the saints 2nd rounder this year. Again I expect them to say no. I’d try to avoid giving up that 18 pick but if I can substitute that in place of 27 id do it for my qb.

but I definitely think 2021 picks could be in play here. Especially if I can get away with giving up the Texans 2nd rounder next year. You can have that.

they gonna ask for Miami picks if it’s futures not the other teams ones we have. They no dummies lol
But that's why you walk away. It's the Texans picks or Nadda!!!

Shoot that’s easy to trump. If the chargers really want him they could offer their 2021 1st in tbe process on top. Heck I’d expect them to even. All I’m seeing is low compensation return imo.

better start thinking about how many 1s you are willing to give up and when.

keep in mind the chargers may still think they are contenders for 2020 even in which case they won’t be thinking it ends up a top 10 pick even in 2021 I know I wouldn’t. That’s an easy offer up

Chargers are not in rebuild mode.
I agree with you. I think 6 & 37 is the starting point.
I’m not sure I would give up 5, 39 and Rd1 next year.
The flip side to this discussion is comparison of Tua/ Love. How much do they prefer Tua over Love and do we consider a trade down.

Unfortunately for us the picks that we have that aren’t ours are contenders so they not gonna carry as much weight. So either you pony up miami ones (which I’m trying to avoid) or you gonna have some throw ins on the back side to close imo.

only outlier I see here is health. Medical as we get close to the draft could impact this. But I doubt much.

Unfortunately for us the picks that we have that aren’t ours are contenders so they not gonna carry as much weight. So either you pony up miami ones (which I’m trying to avoid) or you gonna have some throw ins on the back side to close imo.

only outlier I see here is health. Medical as we get close to the draft could impact this. But I doubt much.
I will sound like a broken record but Tua didnt even rule out having a pro day before the draft. If Tua is able to move around and throw footballs before the draft, we cant even rule out Tua going #1 IMO...

I agree with you. I think 6 & 37 is the starting point.
I’m not sure I would give up 5, 39 and Rd1 next year.
The flip side to this discussion is comparison of Tua/ Love. How much do they prefer Tua over Love and do we consider a trade down.

there is that part of it. they could fall in love with love at the senior bowl.

but at the end of the day if I can go get tua and it only cost me 5 another one of my first (preferably not miamis) and a any 2nd rounder I have this year which means 39 done damn deal. And I skip to the podium with the card.

If Miami gives up it's own 2021 pick for Tua in a trade. I'd hope Grier gets fired, the next day.

I will sound like a broken record but Tua didnt even rule out having a pro day before the draft. If Tua is able to move around and throw footballs before the draft, we cant even rule out Tua going #1 IMO...

Yeah I agree burrow could play into this still too for us. I don’t think it’s a done deal at all. I’m just not paying that price to go to 1 unless it’s cheaper than I expect

If Miami gives up it's own 2021 pick for Tua in a trade. I'd hope he gets fired, the next day.

I’m sure that’s the one they will want to keep the most in all of this. No doubt. But it also may be the closer so who knows

If he's there at 5, I'd take him but no way I'd trading up to get him. We gave up a bunch of talent to get these picks and now we're just gonna give some of them away to get a guy with all kinds of medical question marks. No thanks.

Not a fan of trading up for him. Those teams will want a ransom. All those beautiful picks for a risk. I'm good with waiting until 5 and seeing who falls to us. If he is there, sure go for it. If not, then use those picks for Sunshine Lawrence next year. Stud without major injury risks.

Impossible. Straight up. Lawrence CANNOT happen.

I’m sure that’s the one they will want to keep the most in all of this. No doubt. But it also may be the closer so who knows
Rooted for losses in every single game - even finale in NE.
Back to Tua- Can’t forget about the proneness to injury.
It will scare some off and not sure any combine will move Washington from Chase Young.
Trade chart says Rd2 to move 5 to 3.
But there’s a QB involved and his name is Tua.
If SD is the competition and Detroit plays hardball- turn the tables- scare Detroit as follows:
We love Love.
We will trade down with SD.

Yeah I agree burrow could play into this still too for us. I don’t think it’s a done deal at all. I’m just not paying that price to go to 1 unless it’s cheaper than I expect
Idk. Burrow seems like a LOCK #1.
OSU to Cincinnati OH.
Clean sheet. Heisman. National Champ.

why are we moving up again?Tua will 100% be there at 5 unless someone trades ahead of us.

giants and redskins just drafted a qb.Lions I guess could take him but would be dumb since they have stafford under contract who just threw 19 tds and only 4 picks in half a season my guess is CB is their choice.
So some other team doesn't do exactly that. Jump in front of Miami. You didn't accumulate all of those draft assets only to be trumped when it comes to possibly landing a franchise QB.

So you don't actually understand the real point behind getting a franchise QB, do you? It's about consistency in getting there. Not some one year fantasy run which you don't "need" anything specific for except the most healthy overall talent.

I‘m just saying that you used a pretty bad example to try and prove your point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom