Tua's Draft Decision January 6th (Decided To Enter Draft) | Page 68 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua's Draft Decision January 6th (Decided To Enter Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My goodness. Heck Tua might be better than Lawrence. Both are Top Tier QBs. The difference? INJURY RISK. Easier to throw a ton of picks at a Tier 1 QB with no major injury risks than it is a Tier 1 QB with a lot of them. If you can't decipher that difference, what a wacky world you live in.
Yeah, let's throw a bunch of picks at Joe Burrow while we're at it, since in your world every QB is for sale.

The same reason why we can't get Burrow this year is the same reason why we won't be able to get Lawrence next year.

How is this news to you?

Yeah, let's throw a bunch of picks at Joe Burrow while we're at it, since in your world every QB is for sale.

The same reason why we can't get Burrow this year is the same reason why we won't be able to get Lawrence next year.

How is this news to you?

“I’ll take too many meaningless wins for a thousand Alex”

You try to equate a rb to a qbs value? Seriously? That reference is awful.

and I didn’t sniff he’s being forced to do anything in that presser. As for the medical I don’t have access but if it’s a green light and he’s expected to see thru his second contract without issue I’m in.

I seriously doubt he’d be coming out if the medical outlook was bad. Seems to me that would seriously effect his guaranteed money. But then again if it’s something he’s destined to deal with down the road I guess you do try if you are tua to maximize your earnings playing as long as possible as soon as possible. The guys with the medical degrees Ross employs for just that purpose got to figure that out.

more likely I think this kids faith is such that it wouldnt matter what the doctors told him he’d think he could defy it. But that’s just my read on the kid himself character wise etc.

Its a fully appropriate analogy, as at that time, RB'S were prized just as highly as QB's, maybe even higher for some franchises. The NFL was a run first league overall. Of course, Ricky wasn't injured, so the analogy falls down there.

As to how he sounded, I have literally heard sportscaster upon sportscaster agree with me about how he sounded. Apparently, sources close to the Tagovailoa family realize this was a business decision that had to be made, but at least some have said his heart was in going back to Alabama.

You are in denial about the medical...you just posted an article stating he had to come out because he needs to shorten the time for getting his second contract. No matter who gets him, he is a short term solution, hardly a franchise solution for the next 15 years as some would wish.

Or you might get 15 and the doctors say they never seen anything like it
Or you might get 2. If the article you posted earlier is correct, it sounds more like 6 at best.

Its a fully appropriate analogy, as at that time, RB'S were prized just as highly as QB's, maybe even higher for some franchises. The NFL was a run first league overall. Of course, Ricky wasn't injured, so the analogy falls down there.

As to how he sounded, I have literally heard sportscaster upon sportscaster agree with me about how he sounded. Apparently, sources close to the Tagovailoa family realize this was a business decision that had to be made, but at least some have said his heart was in going back to Alabama.

You are in denial about the medical...you just posted an article stating he had to come out because he needs to shorten the time for getting his second contract. No matter who gets him, he is a short term solution, hardly a franchise solution for the next 15 years as some would wish.

I posted a guys take who isn’t his doctor and isn’t gonna do his combine medical check anyways. Don’t you think nfl teams will have a pretty good feel on what the shelf life is prior to the draft? Or when he will be ready even?

anyways only a fool does what ditka did for williams in trade. His entire draft and if I recall correctly he got pinked for it by the saints not long after.

this is about qb. It trumps everything else.

Or you might get 2. If the article you posted earlier is correct, it sounds more like 6 at best.

It’s a chance I’d take but I’m sure it’s not for everyone. So I get that side of it.

people do defy odds. this is of course assuming that will even be the outlook

I'm all for making a move to get your guy but there has to be limits. I think this scenario is just too much.

They won’t be getting any not making it thru a second contract outlook stuff ponying up that. I’m pretty sure of that one. 3 1s and 2 2s and not making it thru a second contract I’d imagine is a deal breaker.

In that presser he sounded like someone being forced into the NFL while wanting to return to college. Not just me saying that, either.

I can't believe so many of you are so invested in Tua that you are willing to completely ignore the injury and actually are on board with trading away the whole draft to get him. Where has common sense gone?

A couple of facts about the NFL draft worth considering:

1. Injured players DECREASE in value, not the other way around. This is true of all but the most minor injuries. Tua has a MAJOR injury. His stock is falling, not climbing...why? Because of fact #2
2. College success is no guarantee of NFL success. This is true regardless of how "elite" that player was.

Combine major injury with lack of guaranteed success under the best of circumstances and you get a high probability of failure. Only fools pay extra for those odds, and only the most desperate of those fools give up everything for them. Again, if the FO really wants Tua, pick at 5, no higher. Stop pretending that giving up the rest of the pics is meaningless, since throwing away your draft for a single player only results in perpetual mediocrity, supposedly what fans are trying to avoid. Ask Ditka how the Ricky Williams draft treated him.

There’s no sounds like to it - it’s a fact. This was Galu’s decision, not Tua’s. I’ve tried to get that point across for a long time.

Tua may not realize it right now, he’s hurting and he wanted to come back. But it was the right decision. Which is why his dad made it.

Also, hoops in the article you posted it mentioned a hip replacement? That’s not what he has now, correct??? They were inferring he will need one in the future due to arthritis / degenerative conditions in rhe bone around the hip??

I thought he dislocated the hip (fixed before leaving stadium) and then broke a bone around the hip? I never recall the exact bone but I’m guessing the acetabulum or maybe ischium.. and there is hardware somewhere around there

Anyways if he has a total hip replacement now, they typically last 15 or so years, in a regular person

If we get 10+ of great QB play, I’ll take it.. of course, best case, most optimistic scenario

There’s no sounds like to it - it’s a fact. This was Galu’s decision, not Tua’s. I’ve tried to get that point across for a long time.

Tua may not realize it right now, he’s hurting and he wanted to come back. But it was the right decision. Which is why his dad made it.

Not coming out would have been extremely stupid.

He's got nothing left to prove at the Uni and a bad 2020 would really cost him. See: Fromm, Jake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom