**uniform/logo Update Thread** | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**uniform/logo Update Thread**

There is nothing to argue or debate. The fact you lack any understanding of business is proof enough you don't know what you're talking about. Though I'm quite sure you'll state the opposite and that's fine. In done responding to your troll posts.

This was expected

This is a sport that has been around for decades. Every team has undergone some logo or uniform change. Miami has done it several times. The idea that it is only done to promote sales is fallacious.

Yes, the sport has been around forever, but only in the last 20-30 years has merchandising been considered a major income source...so whether it's the "only" reason changes are made is debatable, it's certainly a big factor.

It makes sense from a marketing standpoint why they'd keep these new (and throwback) uniforms at the same time.

Not everyone likes the throwbacks...there are those who call the 60s Dolphin the "Retarded Dolphin" and think the logo looks dumb...however, there's a big part of the fanbase that does love the logo and the uniforms that go with it (myself included).

Instead of sticking yourself in one area and with one segment of the fanbase...it's smarter from a business standpoint to diversify and market to reach as many fans as possible. The throwbacks have a sort of special "shock" (not in a bad way, but in a very good way) factor to them that get people excited, and get more people out to buy that particular merchandise...while there are other people who do like the new look and colors, and will buy that stuff.

It makes complete sense to me, even if I think the new look is ass.

https://dolphinswire.usatoday.com/2...-will-reveal-new-uniform-changes-on-april-19/

“According to president and CEO Tom Garfinkel, the Dolphins will reveal their new uniforms on April 19. Although fans have expressed their desire to see the team go back to their popular 1966 uniforms, the Dolphins have said that will not be the case.

The changes will be to the jerseys, pants and helmets, though the team’s logo isn’t expected to undergo a drastic change.“

MOAR Orange please...at least fix the striping, so the jerseys don't look like our colors are aqua and dark blue.

I hate the new logo, but if we're stuck with it, at least make orange more important and actually part of the uniform, rather than having to use a microscope to actually discern whether or not it actually exists on the uniform or not.

Again, the only reason why they were considered one of the best uniforms is because they actually won in them. If the Dolphins were like say, the Bucs, in their first years no one would care about the original uniforms. Hell I live in Colorado and I seldom hear people saying they should go back to their Orange Crush uniforms. They prefer the ones that came after because they won actual Super Bowls in them.

As for my personal opinion of how the original uniforms looked. They are alright. They are extremely dated and from a design standpoint point very bland and unoriginal outside of the color combination. I personally think the new uniform, if given more orange and knocked the colors down a tone or two they will look just as good as the original uniforms.

Oh for the people that say the current color scheme makes the team look like a bunch of wusses. I hate to break it to ya but that opinion has always been in place even when it was the darker colors. I had plenty of people give me **** about the Dolphins colors because they are considered pastel colors. You just have to live outside the Florida area to hear it.

I live outside Florida, and had this debate growing up. When you actually matter and have something on the field that resembles a winner, that talk can kick rocks. When you field a scam of a product, you get excuses and Save Willy on your helmets.

The new uniform will be revealed 4/19/2018! I can't wait. The real question is when will we get a player that is worthy of buying a jersey?
This may sound silly, but I'm in complete agreement. The last new jersey I bought was Suh. Shows you what I know. I'm still going to wear it, as well as my Chuck Klingbeil and Daryl Gardener jerseys, and throw in my Csonka and Fernandez jerseys on special occasions.

Like what the Titans did. Especially the blue helmet.
Would be nice to see an aqua for the fins. I know someone has it as their avatar

Like what the Titans did. Especially the blue helmet.
Would be nice to see an aqua for the fins. I know someone has it as their avatar
I like their jerseys, minus the numbers and the pants. I don't think the helmet looks good because they didn't change the logo. It blends in too much with the helmet. Overall I was disappointed with their choices. I was really hoping for something completely new from them.

Back
Top Bottom