Victory lap for Tannehill fans | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Victory lap for Tannehill fans

Titans are getting a full on butt kicking today. NFL, meet Justin Jefferson's coming out party. Titans are also becoming a mash unit.

Good for Tannehill...

He was a sh_t-for brains QB as a member of the Phins. His time here was up.

Tannehill with his 19th game winning drive and SIXTH in only 16 starts with Titans.

Talk about your “&$?/! for brains”. i remember thise fans who didnt understand why the fins were losing so much with RT, and apparently STILL dont understand it even in retrospect.

It’s pretty funnny, and always a joy when they come out from under their rocks.

Tannehill had an off day; was missing his #1 WR and his left tackle, but still threw for over 300 yards, and two 70 yard TD drives. and a FG oerformance for the ages.

Tannehill with his 19th game winning drive and SIXTH in only 16 starts with Titans.

Talk about your “&$?/! for brains”. i remember thise fans who didnt understand why the fins were losing so much with RT, and apparently STILL dont understand it even in retrospect.

It’s pretty funnny, and always a joy when they come out from under their rocks.

Tannehill had an off day; was missing his #1 WR and his left tackle, but still threw for over 300 yards, and two 70 yard TD drives. and a FG oerformance for the ages.
Yes...

Sh_t for brains...

He didn't do that when he was here and I'll go further to say he wouldn't do it if he were here now.

He always had the physical tools but the game was too fast for him mentally. His first read was perfunctory, not really an option most of the time due to his delay between the brain and the arm. For whatever reason, but he didn’t have the moxie or the “it” factor to really challenge and take over. There were exceptions and flashes of what was possible if he ever took that mythical next step. Well maybe he has, finally. Good for him. I hope he does well and plays up to his potential before he is done. You don’t get six or seven years in this league to figure it out, you’ll be into a third coach, system, receivers and terminology by then and that doesn’t help. The change seems to have done him well. Maybe Rosen will take a similar career path in that he will find his place and turn it on in year six or seven. He also has all the tools but it just hasn’t clicked for him yet.

Nothing about Tannehill has changed. He hasn't taken the "mythical next step." He's the same quarterback he always was.

I'm not some quarterback guru. I'm not an expert. But it always seemed patently obvious who Tannehill was: He was never going to be a Rodgers/Mahomes/Manning/Brady/Brees level talent, but if you gave him the right supporting cast (ie: good o-line, some offensive weapons, strong defence) he could take you to a Super Bowl. He was someone who could be a Joe Flacco kind of guy. Not elite, but good enough to win.

The problem was the Miami Dolphins. We're an inept franchise. We have been for years. So we could never get put together a decent front office/coaching staff, let alone o-line, during the entirety of Tannehill's time here. It's really no surprise that once he went to Tennessee, where for the first time in his life he has a good supporting cast, that he's shown himself to be the guy his supporters always said he was.

The problem wasn't him. It was us.

Last edited:
He took a 2-4 team to the AFC championship game...... some stuff just never dies.....
Pin hIm with a brownie badge - some people would choose career average and padded stats over perennial play off performer

How many years in the league and just how many PO appearances and victories??? You can’t pin everything on his Oline and weapons it gets Freakin old!!

Back
Top Bottom