VIDEO: Tua hits Mack Hollins on a 40 yd deep ball in stride. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

VIDEO: Tua hits Mack Hollins on a 40 yd deep ball in stride.

You can pick on that Gaskin throw all you want, but he throws that any lower and it gets batted down.
I was nit-picking...it was catchable, if not in a perfect spot. Tua did his thing...but that INT was ugly...made to look even more ugly by Hollins getting discombobulated...he shoulda dropped it on Waddle.

I was nit-picking...it was catchable, if not in a perfect spot. Tua did his thing...but that INT was ugly...made to look even more ugly by Hollins getting discombobulated...he shoulda dropped it on Waddle.
I didn’t mind the pick as most here because it was a risk but as terrible as most think, it was as if we punted the ball away. Tua I think was really trying to create a spark because everyone not named Waddle could not get any separation. The irony of the whole play was that Waddle was open underneath

he does make some great throws without a clean pocket

if we don't trade for Watson we need to get Tua real help around him

Someone needs to make a video like his other throw to Hollins and redo it as if it was a right handed throw. Then people will be like “you know what it was a perfect throw” it’s all about perception because not a lot of people are used to seeing a left handed throw.

I think that is what separates Tua from a typical "game manager"

His "game manager" status appears to be more Offensive philosophy then limitations like say an Alex Smith.

The big difertence, is if you need a 4th quarter 80 yard Td drive, Tua can and will convert. Not something you could typically say about a " game manager".

The ultimate diferrence..... when Alex smith's or other "game managers" throw a critical int late in the game they typically aren't trusted to keep throwing after.

That's why I am confident and optimistic with his future.
And that's the only philosophy you can have with Tua. He needs to be a game manager.

Now before everyone jumps on me, it's because he's still young and this line is horrible. Really speeds up his decision making, so they probably need to make it easier on him today because of that.

Credit Flo and the offensive coordinators. I was ready to fire at least one of them already, but there was some nice play design last night. The td to Waddle was great. On another short pass play to waddle I remember seeing a lineman not getting out fast enough to make a key block. Progress.

I started to question Flo but it was a telling sign this team never quit on him and maybe he's learned some lessons this year.... Maybe.

Tua threw that ball when Hollins was at his own 25 yard line and Hollins caught it around the 50..........He did that because he knows he only has a second or a second and a half in that situation to make a decision. That ball was perfectly thrown to a spot and Hollins was there to haul it in. I'd say Tua judged that pass just right considering how high he had to throw it to give Hollins time to run under it.

Really great job by Tua

Watching live I was pissed that Hollins had to slow down but on the replay you can see Davis gets blown up by a blitzing DB. Tua probably hits Hollins in stride if he could have truly stepped into the throw.

Back
Top Bottom