VIDEO: Tua hits Mack Hollins on a 40 yd deep ball in stride. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

VIDEO: Tua hits Mack Hollins on a 40 yd deep ball in stride.

Unfortunately, Mack Hollins fell down. But Tua's deep-ball-in-stride throw was on target.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJMdF8GYwTU

This is what you could say a 50/50 throw/catch. It wasn't in stride but it could have been. Tua felt he match up well and decided to throw it accurate. I wouldn't change anything on this play at all as the throw as perfect, and it was up to Mack to hold it down.

That was a nice throw but a better catch. The DB was draped all over him. There was no way he was running after that, just coming down with it was huge.

That was a nice throw but a better catch. The DB was draped all over him. There was no way he was running after that, just coming down with it was huge.
Its actually a well thrown ball keeping in mind its hard to drop a dime in on a slower type of receiver.

Yes and the kind of ball that Fitzpatrick made a career throwing 50/50 balls

There was no separation from Hollins it was a great contested catch

And based on the INT I think Tua wanted to get him the ball downfield - I think Tua sailed the INT he really had no long throws prior to that one and was too amped after stepping up in the pocket

One day hopefully soon Tua will have a few seconds to look over the field without common worry he will get hit after 2 seconds and then he will dissect because even jags can get really open after 4 seconds but 2 not really

This is what you could say a 50/50 throw/catch. It wasn't in stride but it could have been. Tua felt he match up well and decided to throw it accurate. I wouldn't change anything on this play at all as the throw as perfect, and it was up to Mack to hold it down.

Tua didn't have the opportunity to step-up! Davis actually got put on his a$$ by a DB and the middle collapse.

Davis...a DB!

It was a great throw, but Hollins definitely slowed down and adjusted to it. It was in stride because of that.

I need to add that this isn't a knock on Tua. He threw the ball right as Hollins separated and put it in a damn nice place.

That doesn't change the fact he did very slightly underthrow it. It's just you'd never expect that to be an absolute perfect pinpoint throw to begin with.

I need to add that this isn't a knock on Tua. He threw the ball right as Hollins separated and put it in a damn nice place.

That doesn't change the fact he did very slightly underthrow it. It's just you'd never expect that to be an absolute perfect pinpoint throw to begin with.

I've been watching the video carefully. Hollins initially has a step on the CB and by the time the ball arrives the CB has recovered half a step and is able to lunge at (and interfere with) Hollins. But is that because the CB is faster than him? Slowing the video down to .25 you can see after he crosses the 40 that Hollins does take a shorter step before lengthening his stride again. So at that point it appears that the ball was slightly underthrown and Hollins had to slow down... but then look at the end of the play. Notice that Hollins had to extend his arms and lunge to catch the ball, which is why he falls down.

In conclusion, I think Hollins slowed down because he slightly misjudged the ball. If he hadn't slowed down, the ball would have been closer to his body and he would have caught it in stride, maybe for a TD. I think the pass was dead perfect, or close to it.

As has been pointed out by a couple posters here…..Jessie Davis got RUINED by Werner. It’s so bad that it’s actually funny.

This is my problem with the Tua haters all summed up in one video. You rag on Tua for having a weak arm….. For Being too small….Injury prone….Whatever. Meanwhile, in a clutch play……He drops a dime while his blind side tackle is being absolutely DESTROYED by a LB.

All the hate for Tua…..And all he does is win with 1……Just 1 receiver with any talent. Ridiculous.

It was a great throw, but Hollins definitely slowed down and adjusted to it. It was in stride because of that.
He did what receivers do, he made sure he was in position to catch it with a DB draped all over him. You're a joke if you think that ball was underthrown.

Last edited by a moderator:
He did what receivers do, he made sure he was in position to catch it with a DB draped all over him. You're a joke if you think that ball was underthrown.

you might want to read my posts again because I said I was a damn fine throw. So learn to read on top of what I said before.

Doesn't mean it was perfect. The defender was draped on him BECAUSE he had to slow down.

However, like I said its not the type of throw you expect to get the perfect distance on
based on when it was thrown.

You realize a pass can be amazing but not perfect, right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom