VIDEO: Tua hits Mack Hollins on a 40 yd deep ball in stride. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

VIDEO: Tua hits Mack Hollins on a 40 yd deep ball in stride.

you might want to read my posts again because I said I was a damn fine throw. So learn to read on top of what I said before.

Doesn't mean it was perfect. The defender was draped on him BECAUSE he had to slow down.

However, like I said its not the type of throw you expect to get the perfect distance on
based on when it was thrown.

You realize a pass can be amazing but not perfect, right?
The throw was not under thrown in any way shape or form.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hollins is becoming a Don Stock like legend . The fitz catch , the catch tonight, the plays on special teams. The guy is not a stud but he is clutch. He is a key building block
Love the Strock reference!!

Haters will look for something to try to drag Tua down.

Let's sit back and look at what happened here. The ball was snapped and Jesse Davis got rocked and the defender was in Tuas face. Tua let's it rip to hit Hollins who was running at full speed. Hollins for a split second slowed down and all of the haters want to act like Tua sucks or it wasn't as great of a throw as it should have been. Also if that split second didn't happen, he would have still got tackled right there.

Do you realize how hard it is to throw that pass and not overthrow or underthrow a wr that is running full speed that deep?

Even when Tua does good some of you find a reason to say "we'll but he could have done better if".

Last edited:
I've been watching the video carefully. Hollins initially has a step on the CB and by the time the ball arrives the CB has recovered half a step and is able to lunge at (and interfere with) Hollins. But is that because the CB is faster than him? Slowing the video down to .25 you can see after he crosses the 40 that Hollins does take a shorter step before lengthening his stride again. So at that point it appears that the ball was slightly underthrown and Hollins had to slow down... but then look at the end of the play. Notice that Hollins had to extend his arms and lunge to catch the ball, which is why he falls down.

In conclusion, I think Hollins slowed down because he slightly misjudged the ball. If he hadn't slowed down, the ball would have been closer to his body and he would have caught it in stride, maybe for a TD. I think the pass was dead perfect, or close to it.

Best breakdown of this i've seen yet. If we can't call that "in stride" then not many deep balls qualify as such. Anyway, i appreciate the constructive analysis from both sides.

Y’all are nitpicking a 40 yard downfield pass because the WR had to adjust his speed for it like all WRs do for nearly all passes? Lol

A WR’s job is to adjust to passes for fvcks sake. Tua did his part and so did Hollins, the throw was dead on.

Jesus Christ man some of you freak out at the slightest knock or anything....if a guy says the WR had to slow down and you guys react as if he said I'm going to kill your mom....chill out...IMHO the WR had to slow down and adjust...that's what I saw and what I see here...now does that mean Tua sucks somehow? Hell No! I would like him to get better at deep throws as he was under throwing deep last night but I can totally see that as a by product of a CRAPPY OLINE that has him mentally thinking he's got no time to throw and he's not going to be able to set and get it all right under that kind of pressure.

I've said it before, really crappy olines like this have destroyed pretty decent QBs historically as it messes with their timing and pretty much everything else.

...and for you Tanny guys, if Tanny was behind this line which honestly he was most of his time here, just different names and faces, he would've been sacked 1000000 times ....pissing blood and all that (because his pocket presence totally sucked here and maybe it still does so we might as well take advantage of that)

Last edited:
Great Great win.

Way to go defense. Phenomenal game.

Offense was held back by penalties and bad spots.

Tua bounced back again after a bad throw.

We will need more offense next week.

Great Great win.

Serious question. Is there a scenario Miami can clinch a spot next week?

Barry Jackson discussed the possibility's and it would take several games going our way but it's still possible just not probable if we lose one of the last two games.

Guys do not make this personal or your posts will be deleted or edited

I like Tannehill but it was time to turn the page. He got a 2nd chance and we are in the 3rd year of our rebuild.

Back
Top Bottom