View on Miami from a Bills Fan | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

View on Miami from a Bills Fan

ch19079 said:
i have sited 3 sites that show him with more than 70+ tackles. the 90+ tackles seems extream, but 3 seperate sites... NFL.com, espn.com, and a 3rd site.

a fin fan said he only had 22 tackles but gave no website or reference.

Yeah, ive read a couple articles on him. Here's one from December 6th, so im assuming the 70+ tackles is correct.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=1942684

"McGee's play in the secondary, where he has started nine games since Vincent's injury, has been mixed at times. He has 67 tackles, three interceptions, three sacks, and a dozen passes defensed. Like most young cornerbacks, this has been a roller coaster existence. As a kickoff return man, though, McGee has experienced more peaks than valleys."

The 3 interceptions shows he has some play making ability as a corner, but the 70-90 tackles doesnt speak too highly of his coverage abilities. Sure, that could mean he supports the run well, but when Takeo Spikes has 99 tackles and he started two more games than McGee, that has to raise some eyebrows...

GreenMonster said:
Our d-line was far from dominant last year and our Secondary did ok..

1 starter from last year is still on your team. and he was the #2 CB.

you had alot of tallent to pick up some of the slack. also, why would a team pass when they can rush for first downs?

ch19079 said:

You're comparing 1 player with 1 year NFL experience with another NFL player with 2 years experience. Poole doesn't have the 2nd year to compare to what McGee did just last year. Not to mention there isn't much of a sample size.

Wasn't McGee a nickleback last year? Poole was a dimeback so Mcgee had more playing time......thus more opportunities to have deflected passes etc. It would be more accurate to compare their rookie seasons.........in which both have very similar numbers.

GreenMonster said:
You don't lose your #2 ranking by losing 1 player either. Surtain is great but I am confident Howard will step in and do a fine job at CB.. Not pro-bowl caliber but decent #2 corner.
I am not going to say you are wrong because that remains to be seen. However, if you are gonna make any claim that your cb is better than ours at least bring something to the table for the sake of the discussion. The fins could very well be the best passing D 2005 but there are a lot of "if's" that has to happen. Those "if's" however do apply to other teams as well.

phinatik7 said:
Yeah, ive read a couple articles on him. Here's one from December 6th, so im assuming the 70+ tackles is correct.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=1942684

"McGee's play in the secondary, where he has started nine games since Vincent's injury, has been mixed at times. He has 67 tackles, three interceptions, three sacks, and a dozen passes defensed. Like most young cornerbacks, this has been a roller coaster existence. As a kickoff return man, though, McGee has experienced more peaks than valleys."

The 3 interceptions shows he has some play making ability as a corner, but the 70-90 tackles doesnt speak too highly of his coverage abilities. Sure, that could mean he supports the run well, but when Takeo Spikes has 99 tackles and he started two more games than McGee, that has to raise some eyebrows...

very good info. i had not read that before.

but i wouldnt say that because he has alot of tackles that he gives up alot of plays. he gave up a few, but always came back and made a play the next time. ill give him credit, cus teams were FAR more likly to throw on McGee than Clements.

one thing to also take into consideration is that we are installing a new defensive scheme. it should help out madison and take some pressure off of him

Breed said:
You're comparing 1 player with 1 year NFL experience with another NFL player with 2 years experience. Poole doesn't have the 2nd year to compare to what McGee did just last year. Not to mention there isn't much of a sample size.

Wasn't McGee a nickleback last year? Poole was a dimeback so Mcgee had more playing time......thus more opportunities to have deflected passes etc. It would be more accurate to compare their rookie seasons.........in which both have very similar numbers.

started as nickel, moved to the #2 spot when vincent got hurt. and vincent moved to FS when he came back because McGee played well.

and i was simply stating my reasons for saying McGee was better then Poole.

MelbournePhin said:
one thing to also take into consideration is that we are installing a new defensive scheme. it should help out madison and take some pressure off of him
it could help him or it could bea struggle during the learning curve.

I have no doubt in my mind Saban will make your D better. How long it will take is another question.

Justasportsfan said:
I am not going to say you are wrong because that remains to be seen. However, if you are gonna make any claim that your cb is better than ours at least bring something to the table for the sake of the discussion. The fins could very well be the best passing D 2005 but there are a lot of "if's" that has to happen. Those "if's" however do apply to other teams as well.

I never claimed anyone of our CB's are better than Clement I said our unit is better. Again my rankings with Poole had he not gotten hurt he is still on our roster and will play again next year.

Clements, Madison, Howard, Mcgee, Edwards, Poole, Thomas, Greer, (Daniels,King tie -- both rookies)

Again top to bottom I still like our CB unit better....

NYinBostonFin said:
First a jets fan now a bills fan giving props? Is the world ending?

I'll bring everyone back to reality.

Phins still have a Pop Warner QB and a college HC.

The Phins will be very lucky to win 6 games this season.

Welcome to the real world.

There is no point compairing Poole to anyone this season. His ACL makes him a non factor to the success of the team. Madison/Howard will be as good as Clements/Mcgee

PatsFanTX said:
I'll bring everyone back to reality.

Phins still have a Pop Warner QB and a college HC.

The Phins will be very lucky to win 6 games this season.

Welcome to the real world.

god, is that you?

DolfanInSoCal said:
There is no point compairing Poole to anyone this season. His ACL makes him a non factor to the success of the team. Madison/Howard will be as good as Clements/Mcgee

I agree and think that Mario Edwards is a better Nickel than Kevin Thomas or Jabari Greer.

Back
Top Bottom