View on Miami from a Bills Fan | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

View on Miami from a Bills Fan

Justasportsfan said:
No.2 w/ Surtain vs. no. 3 .

You lost Surtain and we didn't lose anyone plus we have Vincent back. I'll take Vincent over Howard anyday but we didn't need him to take McGee's place. :rolleyes:

Your unit got aided by 2 games against our horride offense last year....:cooldude:

Allaboutit said:
First off let me say that you guys have done very well in the offseason, Holliday, Carter, Traylor, Jones, Ronnie Brown, Roth, and Crowder.......... 7 Nice additions is a GREAT accomplishment. The question mark that you guys have at QB could be all for not.......... as much as I hope you guys play Feeley and he has another season like last year, the reality is that Gus Frerote will probably be your guy, and Everything is set in place for him to have a big year. Frerote can play, and with the offensive talent surrounding him, he could wind up putting up very big numbers. Now as far as Ricky Williams goes......... If I were you guys I really wouldn't worry about it. Miami is in better shape in this department than we were when we had Travis Henry, And Willis Mcgahee. Brown was the best back, in a very talented draft for RB's, and if Ricky comes back, and pans out, then Great for you guys, and if not, then..........SO WHAT!!!! Ricky is in no way shape or form to be counted on, and there is nothing to really suggest that he will even be any good upon his return, but it really doesn't matter does it, because Brown is almost certain to be a force. As much as I want to I'm having a hard time seeing you guys fail this year. There may be some growing pains with the new coaches/system, but Miami has one thing that you cannot ignore.....TALENT, and on that talent alone it will probably lead them to at least 7 or 8 wins, and possibly much more(especially if they start to click fairly quickly)

Nice post, it's very unusual to see a Bills fan say anything positive about the fins. Especially here on this site.

MelbournePhin said:
troy vincent is made of glass. he scares no one
Your best cb is old and slowing down. He doesn't scare me either.

Your passing game will depend on how well your DL will do. If your DL doesn't dominate, your cb's will get burned.

phinatik7 said:
Didnt we already confirm McGee's numbers were a misprint? There is no reason a cornerback should have 92 tackles on the #3 ranked pass defense. That would mean he gave up all sorts of catches his way. I believe the correct number is 22 tackles.

i have sited 3 sites that show him with more than 70+ tackles. the 90+ tackles seems extream, but 3 seperate sites have him with alot of tackles... NFL.com, espn.com, and a 3rd site.

a fin fan said he only had 22 tackles but gave no website or reference.

a CB can make tackles on other players besides the WR he is covering on that play.

GreenMonster said:
Your unit got aided by 2 games against our horride offense last year....:cooldude:
Oh puhlease, you don't get ranked no. 3 by playing 2 teams.

Nice punt btw.

Justasportsfan said:

i agree madison is getting older. i wasnt pumping him up to be a god like you are with mcgee and vincent.

Your passing game will depend on how well your DL will do. If your DL doesn't dominate, your cb's will get burned.

thanks for the lesson in common sense (DL thing)

Justasportsfan said:
I don't disagree w/ you however, we do not expect JP to win games for us. He only has to do a better job at taking care of the ball than Drew did which is not a huge task. If he is able to be a caretaker, we're already better at the qb position.

In the meantime,if Brown/RW and co. do not run for over 1000 yds next year, your team isn't going anywhere.

So what's gonna happen when defenses stack the box against Henry/McGahee? I imagine that coaches are going to make Losman prove that he can beat a defense by passing the ball. If this happens do you expect him to take better care of the ball than Bledsoe. He's a competitor, in your face kind of guy, right? If that's so then wouldn't he be prone to making the high risk, high reward kind of play?

Justasportsfan said:

Our d-line was far from dominant last year and our Secondary did ok..

MelbournePhin said:
i agree madison is getting older. i wasnt pumping him up to be a god like you are with mcgee and vincent.
Is what how you translated my posts? :lol: that's wat happens when you butt in . I was comparing them to Greenmonsters claim that you have a better cb unit. Never said they were the best. :rolleyes:

Justasportsfan said:
Oh puhlease, you don't get ranked no. 3 by playing 2 teams.

Nice punt btw.

You don't lose your #2 ranking by losing 1 player either. Surtain is great but I am confident Howard will step in and do a fine job at CB.. Not pro-bowl caliber but decent #2 corner.

GreenMonster said:
Our d-line was far from dominant last year and our Secondary did ok..
I agree, but you no longer have Surtain. :cooldude:

Justasportsfan said:
Is what how you translated my posts? :lol: that's wat happens when you butt in . I was comparing them to Greenmonsters claim that you have a better cb unit. Never said they were the best. :rolleyes:

you know how it goes justa. i like messin w/ya :wink:

Put it all together? That's what Saban is all about. Do you know anything about Nick Saban, or are you throwing random comments out there. Nick Saban and this staff of all-star coaches are going to have this team hitting on all cylinders by the first 3-4 games... Our offensive line is going to be the most improved area on this team. That combined with the re-emergence of David Boston, to go with Booker, Chambers, and McMichael (How sweet does that sound) will not allow teams to stack 8 in the box or sneak in a safety really at all.. that will help the running game obviously, as will the improved O-Line... all this will allow whoever plays quarterback to be able to perform at their best level.. and when A.J. had time to throw the ball last year, he ripped secondaries apart.. (all four times).. lol.. We do have questions in the secondary, but, I think with the pressure we'll be able to apply with the front seven... the secondary will not have as much pressure to cover for a very long time.. plus, defense is Nick's baby... he will have this defense ready to dominate from the word go.. so, putting it all together you say? that won't take very long... This team and it's coaching staff are head and shoulders better than last years.. in fact.. i'd say this team and with this coaching staff beats last years Dolphins with that coaching staff.. hands down.. then again, who didn't last year..

Back
Top Bottom