Wanny actively pursuing another wideout!! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wanny actively pursuing another wideout!!

caneproud117 said:
I seriously doubt they'd give up Samuels and Gardner for O-GUN, but if they could do it, go for it. Kill two birds with one stone.
Samules isn't very good. They don't like him in Washington actually. It would help clear them enough cap space to sign O-Gun long term.

MikeO said:
Samules isn't very good. They don't like him in Washington actually. It would help clear them enough cap space to sign O-Gun long term.
I have a good comparison, Samuals is to the Redskins as Nails was to us. If he's as good as Nails was before then that's at least an upgrade over what we have.

I wouldn't trade for Gardner, not the answer

caneproud117 said:
I have a good comparison, Samuals is to the Redskins as Nails was to us. If he's as good as Nails was before then that's at least an upgrade over what we have.
The difference is Samules was a high draft pick with a big salary. More is expected from him. And he is an upgrade over what we have, yes!

Ok hypothetically speaking...if we were to get Samuels in this deal(which I still think is doubtful), where would we put him? RT and have Carey move to RG? Have him replace Smith at LT?

Gardner is a good receiver and would be an awesome #3 next year. Maybe Garnder and Ladell Betts?

MikeO said:
I wouldn't trade for Gardner, not the answer

Then who? What good, young, fast receiver is out there that another team is willing to give up? :confused:

Noodle Arm said:
Ok hypothetically speaking...if we were to get Samuels in this deal(which I still think is doubtful), where would we put him? RT and have Carey move to RG? Have him replace Smith at LT?
Samelus would probably go to RT with Carey going to RG.

What's nice about having Samules though it he could be a back-up to Wade Smith if something were to happen to Smith or if Smith must skip a game beacuse the birth of his baby. He gives Miami more depth and versitility.

I don't know anything here, but Samules was shopped around this offseason by Washington which is why I brought his name up. He could be a possibility.

Noodle Arm said:
Then who? What good, young, fast receiver is out there that another team is willing to give up? :confused:
There isn't one. And Gardner isn't that guy either. I would go for a McCardell. McCardell and Chambers is a good combo that would do fine. TB doesn't want him. He wants out. He can be had!

Wouldn't the cap hit for Samuels be enormous?? Plus, he'd also start at LT.

Anyway, I doubt he's going anywhere. Not with the season 4 weeks away.

Muck said:
Wouldn't the cap hit for Samuels be enormous?? Plus, he'd also start at LT.

Anyway, I doubt he's going anywhere. Not with the season 4 weeks away.

Samuels was shopped around, but that was with us. From reports they wanted O-Gun straight up for Samuels. No way in He** would I do that.

Dolfan73 said:
And another thing....wouldn't it be sick if Boston is back to form next season. We have chambers, gardner, and boston???? We have plenty of defense. Lets invest in the offense for once.
Word is that Boston may never get back to form.

BTW, I heard y'all have to sign O-Gun before you can trade him (which in turn I heard is unlikely).

The cap hit would be taken by the Redskins, who would absorb his prorated signing bonus. And yes, Samuels would be playing left tackle. He had an off year last year, but based on his first three years, he was well on his way to becoming a franchise left tackle. In fact, he was a Pro Bowl player in 2002. He's one of the top 10 offensive tackles in football.

Rod Gardner may not be a speed demon, but he is a guy who has caught a TD pass every 10 times he has touched the football in his career. His career yards per reception average is 13.3, but before last year, he was averaging around 15 yards per catch. Pre-Steve Spurrier, Rod Gardner averaged over 16 yards per reception as a rookie.

Unless Samuels is included, this deal should not be done though. You don't trade premier defensive linemen for wide receivers. Especially when there is such a drastic drop off at the defensive end position on the team.

We don't have to sign Ogunleye, he would just accept the one-year tender and then agree to a new deal with his new team.

JTBRLZ said:
We don't have to sign Ogunleye, he would just accept the one-year tender and then agree to a new deal with his new team.
Thats what I meant... he has to sign the tender first. Is that possible w/o a cap hit? And will he do it?

Back
Top Bottom