Watching The Viking On Mnf | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Watching The Viking On Mnf

I would take the Vikings roster straight up over the Dolphins roster and it wouldn't even be a contest. You give me Ryan Tannehill + the Vikings roster and you take Kirk Cousins + the Dolphins roster and I'll be the one rooting for a playoff team while you'll be rooting for a top ten pick.

GTFO with this, Daytona. Come on.
I was speaking of career not just 2018. Either way you are getting 15-22 range of qb play.

And, for what it's worth: I like Kirk Cousins. Overpaid? Yes. But that's quarterbacks in free agency. I think he's a solid quarterback.

Some golded stuff in this thread. Lol

So when people ask.

Cap hits by year.

2018 $24 million.
2019 $29 million
2020 $31 million

Still looking for clarification of franchise tag option for year four. 120% of prior year base salary would be $35.4M (assuming that bonuses aren't included in the equation). Four years from now, that will likely be "reasonable." Not that we would want to play that game with him, just some leverage to keep him from entering FA again.

The deal has a no trade clause and no tag clause. He's clearly done messing with the franchise tag. (but I did read something about a $44M tag, can't find the source)

Read more: http://purplepainforums.com/thread/1044/kirk-cousins-discussion-thread#ixzz5ZO9g2XXs

And, for what it's worth: I like Kirk Cousins. Overpaid? Yes. But that's quarterbacks in free agency. I think he's a solid quarterback.

Yup, and not as good as Ryan Tannehill even if the majority of our own fans don't get this quite yet...

Yup, and not as good as Ryan Tannehill even if the majority of our own fans don't get this quite yet...
What majority would take Cousins over Tannehill? That's a new one. Just point out which members here if you could.

What majority would take Cousins over Tannehill? That's a new one. Just point out which members here if you could.

Don't have the time, but I know the hate RT got for making ONE critical mistake against the Bengals, people were extremely down on him at that moment in time, then the injury proceeded and MANY people wanted him GONE.

The majority of the fan base turned on RT, even huge homers like Andyyahs said he still believed in Gase but not so much with Tannehill anymore.

Then Tannehill plays well after injury and now the whole narrative is changing even with the most extreme of haters like that Mr.ChadRico guy, it's a joke lmao.

Pick a position and stick with it people.

Last edited:
Tannehill was absolutely dreadful in the Patriots game, and the Bengals game was such a disaster / downer that I don't fault people for being super down on him. We are fans, we are emotional, we live in the moment, and quite frankly, he was AWFUL in the Patriots game. Yes, we know now that he had a shoulder injury and in hindsight it explains why he was throwing the football like a wet noodle, but here's the thing: he was still awful.

If you're too hurt to throw, then you shouldn't be in the game.

Don't have the time, but I know the hate RT got for making ONE critical mistake against the Bengals, people were extremely down on him at that moment in time, then the injury proceeded.

The majority of the fan base turned on RT, even huge homers like Andyyahs said he still believed in Gase but not so much with Tannehill anymore.

Then Tannehill plays well after injury and now the whole narrative is changing even with the most extreme of haters like that Mr.ChadRico guy, it's a joke lmao.

Pick a position and stick with it.
There are legitimate qualms with Tannehill for people to bring up.

Equating a majority to wanting Cousins over Tannehill is disingenuious, then saying you don't have time to back it up is as well.

This has happened a couple times already with Tannehill people who keep equating majorities of this site or most people or whichever phrase you would like. Stick to the points and don't bundle "majorities" into it.

Tannehill was absolutely dreadful in the Patriots game, and the Bengals game was such a disaster / downer that I don't fault people for being super down on him. We are fans, we are emotional, we live in the moment, and quite frankly, he was AWFUL in the Patriots game. Yes, we know now that he had a shoulder injury and in hindsight it explains why he was throwing the football like a wet noodle, but here's the thing: he was still awful.

You may not, I absolutely do. This fan base is a joke, good thing I love the team so much.

There are legitimate qualms with Tannehill for people to bring up.

Equating a majority to wanting Cousins over Tannehill is disingenuious, then saying you don't have time to back it up is as well.

This has happened a couple times already with Tannehill people who keep equating majorities of this site or most people or whichever phrase you would like. Stick to the points and don't bundle "majorities" into it.

Whatever bro, we all know how most of the fan base completely s*** on him when he was down and hurt (again) and now y'all jumping back on his bandwagon in case they make the playoffs (which is now possible thanks to RT) so you all can say you already believed in the guy for your own egos. What a f****** joke.

That's my biggest fear, gripe, complaint or whatever you want to call it, going forward. Heck, I remember him getting rolled up week 1 and he was writhing in pain on the ground. Is this what we have to expect going forward? Sure we can say he is tough but he is no longer durable like he was in his early years. Those injuries are not freak types like his training camp injury. Those injuries are from normal wear and tear abuse qbs have to endure. Now he's got a gimpy ankle. All it's going to take is a bad twist or someone landing awkward on him and it's back to the ****ing Brock show.

Yeah, Ryan Tannehill's health is absolutely my #1 concern with him going forward. It looks like he's just taking more awkward/weird hits than ever, and leg injuries are not helping his mobility.

He was such an iron man for so long, but people forget that he actually did play through a bunch of injuries previously. Shoulder, knee, ankle, ribs, etc. have all been smashed up previously and he just kind of played through it all. He's getting older and the hits are getting harder.

This is exactly why we must invest in better pass protection.

Fun stat: Vikings are 0-5 against teams with winning records this season, and Kirk Cousins all time record against said teams is abysmal.

sadly I envision him looking like marino by the end of his career, a walking brace. I know "The company" has reimbursed him well for his time here, but dang they need to find him a administrative job somewhere when his career is over, he;s not going to be able to walk by the time hes 40 with the way he gets hit

Fun stat: Vikings are 0-5 against teams with winning records this season, and Kirk Cousins all time record against said teams is abysmal.

We won't have a winning record if they beat us this weekend.

p2dXIbA.png

Back
Top Bottom