Watching The Viking On Mnf | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Watching The Viking On Mnf

Tannehill was absolutely dreadful in the Patriots game, and the Bengals game was such a disaster / downer that I don't fault people for being super down on him. We are fans, we are emotional, we live in the moment, and quite frankly, he was AWFUL in the Patriots game. Yes, we know now that he had a shoulder injury and in hindsight it explains why he was throwing the football like a wet noodle, but here's the thing: he was still awful.

If you're too hurt to throw, then you shouldn't be in the game.

And every QB that has ever played the game for any reasonable length of time has also had dreadful games. That is a key point that is completely missed by so many.

Whatever bro, we all know how most of the fan base completely s*** on him when he was down and hurt (again) and now y'all jumping back on his bandwagon in case they make the playoffs (which is now possible thanks to RT) so you all can say you already believed in the guy for your own egos. What a f****** joke.
Lol, accussing other dolphins fans of being bandwagon fans of the Quarterback is kind of funny if you take a step back. And you just did it again with "ya'll" and "you all".

But hey, I'm glad you're right! /sarcasm

Need to take a step back and be a fan of the team and not such an antagonist for this site, fwiw. Good luck in your arguments though, "bro".

And every QB that has ever played the game for any reasonable length of time has also had dreadful games. That is a key point that is completely missed by so many.

Oh you mean like FUTURE HALL OF FAME QB Russel Wilson in 2 of his 3 playoff appearances. Would love to see RT put up Wilson's stat line for last night (with that pick), have us get the W, and listen to fans praise (lmfao) Tannehill for that performance like you know Seattle fans are doing with Wilson the future hall of famer.

Lol, accussing other dolphins fans of being bandwagon fans of the Quarterback is kind of funny if you take a step back. And you just did it again with "ya'll" and "you all".

But hey, I'm glad you're right! /sarcasm

Need to take a step back and be a fan of the team and not such an antagonist for this site, fwiw. Good luck in your arguments though, "bro".

I'm a huge fan of the team, y'all are the ones who want to lose games and give up all the time because this team is garbage and needs a purge bro.

It's OK though, you can jump back on the RT bandwagon like the rest, he's playing good now you know.

Last edited:
I don't think it directly translates looking at one team beat another and concluding we should be able to do the same.
The game doesn't quite work like that.

Despite what happened to the Vikings make no mistake this is going to be a tough game to win on the road.

The only things that would concern me about this weeks game against Minnesota are 1) it an Away game and Miami hasn't faired well on the road under Gase. 2) Minnesota has a good defense that can cause problems for Miami's Interior Offensive Linemen. 3) While Kirk Cousins isn't anything special, I'm not sure Matt Burke will have any sort of game plan. I'm hopeful of a win, but not confident.

On a side note. I'm not surprised that Minnesota and Denver are struggling at the QB position. Signing F/A QB's to enormous contracts rarely, if ever works out for the better. Time and time again over the course of the F/A era; QB's who've changed teams have not done better with their new teams. Both Minnesota and Denver are just 2 more teams that were dealt a hard lesson in F/A.

Hi guys let’s debate about Tannehill on a thread about the Vikings and Seahawks! Look at me! The guy isn’t on either team so what’s the point?

The only things that would concern me about this weeks game against Minnesota are 1) it an Away game and Miami hasn't faired well on the road under Gase.

Had to look that one up and I wasn't happy with what I found. Have to do better this week. We were close in Indy.

Gase led Dolphins on the road

7-16 with an average score of 17-27

More Running less passing is what I want to see against that Minnesota defense. Get them tired. I formations and dual back sets. Go old school on them. I see a low scoring game for both teams.

Ryan Tannehill is a better QB than Russell Wilson and Kirk Cousins.

We will put up points unlike Seattle, and RT won't make the stupid turnovers Wilson and Cousins are even more prone to, because God knows RT makes them too.

We will beat the Vikings and win out, Tannehill will lead us to the playoffs like I told all of you from the beginning.

The NFC ain't s*** and hasn't been as good of a conference in 20 years (with a few rare exceptions) since Brady was drafted, and we've got two of those bums left on the schedule...

Last edited:
More Running less passing is what I want to see against that Minnesota defense. Get them tired. I formations and dual back sets. Go old school on them. I see a low scoring game for both teams.

That is the key IMO. In all 6 losses the Vikings have given up 100 or more yards rushing. When they shut down the run they win. We have to give them a huge dose of effective running to have a good chance.

Gase tends to call a fairly conservative game on the road and the offense struggles to score points.

He's got to open it up this week, IMO. Just let the boys play.
Exactly. Said it yesterday, I'm still on the fence about Gase. Another big win, against a huge rival, so that gives me hope. But he has to show me he's learning - keep going after things, like he did on Sunday. If he reverts to type, on the road, and goes all conservative I'm going to be very disappointed.

With the D giving up as many points as it does, this O is going to need to score points.

Ryan Tannehill is a better QB than Russell Wilson and Kirk Cousins.

We will put up points unlike Seattle, and RT won't make the stupid turnovers Wilson and Cousins are even more prone to, because God knows RT makes them too.

We will beat the Vikings and win out, Tannehill will lead us to the playoffs like I told all of you from the beginning.

The NFC ain't s*** and hasn't been as good of a conference in 20 years (with a few rare exceptions) since Brady was drafted, and we've got two of those bums left on the schedule...
I really hope you're right! It would be so fantastic. And perhaps we might even get a few of our walking wounded back in time for said playoffs.

Meh, nah, as Mando says "No, you're Miami fans, and you can't have nice things".

Back
Top Bottom