Well... it's mock draft time. | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Well... it's mock draft time.

With only having 44 players under contract right now... there are probably 15 players who will make our opening day line up who are not currently on our roster. We may have to concentrate on quantity over quality in this year's draft.
Not that I'd mind, I recommend trading down almost every year..
I'd be surprised if Grier doesn't trade down at least once.

I hate to be that guy but i can't see any of your first 3 objectively great picks actually being available at those spots.

Ricks and Charbonnet might make it to #52 but I doubt Sanders will.

Made 2 realistic trades and picked up some more picks, including three 4's and a 5 in 2024.

Doubled up on RB with what would be a pretty good 'thunder and lightning" duo.

pff_mock_results.png

Made 2 realistic trades and picked up some more picks, including three 4's and a 5 in 2024.

Doubled up on RB with what would be a pretty good 'thunder and lightning" duo.

View attachment 131674
I could live with all of this except McBride. He's fumbled 11 times in two years and has shown to have poor hands as a receiver.
I'm not opposed to a big n/s runner, but really dislike McBride for our offense.

I could live with all of this except McBride. He's fumbled 11 times in two years and has shown to have poor hands as a receiver.
I'm not opposed to a big n/s runner, but really dislike McBride for our offense.
Fair enough, there were other big backs on the board.

You could switch him out for K Miller or R Johnson from Texas.

Fair enough, there were other big backs on the board.

You could switch him out for K Miller or R Johnson from Texas.
I'd prefer either... I'm not opposed to drafting a couple of RBs if we trade down for extra picks. :)

Half of Miami would want to burn the stadium down, but I think Miami should consider the possibility that Tua is never able to protect himself, and this is a very low price for to move up for a QB. Imo Richardson should be the 1st pick in the draft, so this is too good to pass up.

In terms of QB instincts and meta approach to the game, pocket management, and avoidance of negative plays, Richardson is ahead of where Newton and Allen were. Like Newton and Allen, he has a tendency to sail passes, but he very clearly cares about the details of the QB position - just watch him climb the pocket, rather than looking to escape out the back door. Just needs more reps. QB's don't get more talented than AR, though. Like Allen, 3rd and 15 might as well be 3rd and 5, because he has the physical presence and athleticism to buy time, and he has the arm to get the ball literally anywhere.

I love Tua, but QB is too important to hope he learns to protect himself.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230210_074809_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230210_074809_Chrome.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 23
Half of Miami would want to burn the stadium down, but I think Miami should consider the possibility that Tua is never able to protect himself, and this is a very low price for to move up for a QB. Imo Richardson should be the 1st pick in the draft, so this is too good to pass up.

In terms of QB instincts and meta approach to the game, pocket management, and avoidance of negative plays, Richardson is ahead of where Newton and Allen were. Like Newton and Allen, he has a tendency to sail passes, but he very clearly cares about the details of the QB position - just watch him climb the pocket, rather than looking to escape out the back door. Just needs more reps. QB's don't get more talented than AR, though. Like Allen, 3rd and 15 might as well be 3rd and 5, because he has the physical presence and athleticism to buy time, and he has the arm to get the ball literally anywhere.

I don't disagree, but I just don't see how Miami can trade up that high.

I would maybe consider McKee, who probably ends up late 1st or top 2nd when all is said and done.

I wouldn't say a 2nd, a 1st, and an aging CB is going all in, but it just depends on how you view Richardson as a prospect and how confident you are that Tua will protect himself. Miami just shipped off a 1st for a DE.

I would not draft Richardson. I would not draft Will Levis either. Neither can run the offense. Neither is a great passer. I do not want to be frustrated watching them play. I do not want the Dolphins to develop quarterbacks and put me through 3 to 4 years of hell just because somebody thinks they can develop them into something unbelievable that the world has not seen yet.

I’d make that trade.

I agree that Richardson is the lottery ticket of this Draft, he could pay off big down the line. More likely he doesn't as most of these type of "projects" don't.

And I agree that Tua is a major worry both in terms of his short term availablity and his long term health.

IF the Fins had more Draft picks I would be much more in favor of betting on the kid, but Miami is a playoff caliber team and should be using their limited draft resources to help the team now.

I think I would feel better with a legit backup QB behind him than to throw those kind of assets at Richardson, and that is assuming that Howard and his contract would get you that high which I doubt.

Why would Atlanta want a very expensive CB who only has a few good years left in him?

Back
Top Bottom