What about Julio Jones? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What about Julio Jones?

I saw it trending on Twitter that the Falcons are looking to trade Julio Jones. What if the Dolphins make an offer? I think with the money owed and the age you aren’t looking at throwing a first and I really believe the fins have the capital to make it happen. Maybe next years second and a fourth/fifth? I get that he’s one of the elite pass catchers in the league, but I really don’t think they get a better offer. Fuller/Parker/Jones and maybe Pitts? Falcons take Chase fourth, Cincinnati takes either Sewell/Pitts (Chase I think is the only player they would debate taking instead of Sewell because of the connection.) and Pitts to the Fins. You’d get the chance to see what you have in Tua and if he works out great, if not you have an arsenal for whomever you bring in next. Thoughts?

tenor.gif

Great, they’re taking Pitts.
If they trade Jones and get at least a second round pick for him, I think the Falcons drafting Pitts might become more realistic. Yet they have a bigger need on the OL and defense than at TE. Of course many on here claim that Pitts is the greatest thing since grape nuts.

So if you believe all those Pitts lovers, the Falcons would be idiots if they don’t stay at four and draft Pitts whether they trade Jones or not. .

First Cooper and now this? We don't overpay for FA's anymore....and we don't have the cap space to begin with unless the trade included someone with a similar cap hit.

If they trade Jones and get at least a second round pick for him, I think the Falcons drafting Pitts might become more realistic. Yet they have a bigger need on the OL and defense than at TE. Of course many on here claim that Pitts is the greatest thing since grape nuts.

So if you believe all those Pitts lovers, the Falcons would be idiots if they don’t stay at four and draft Pitts whether they trade Jones or not.
As tempting as Pitts is for everyone, if I’m the falcons I only take pitts if I don’t receive a decent trade offer. It doesn’t even have to be a massive haul if they can stay inside the top 10-12 and take parsons or one of the corners. They need more picks and defensive players. Pitts won’t make them win more games.

We don't even have enough money for our draft picks right and we're going to take on a huge contract for a guy that's 32 with injuries?.....lol

I just hate "brittle' Parker so much...

Hard pass with the cap hit. Best days are behind him.

I wouldn't want him at 22 years old making that kind of money.

He is 32 and his cap hit the next 3 years is 23 million, 19 million and 19 million.

So no.

IF the Fins were inches away from the SB and the last piece was a big play WR he would make sense but it would be unlikely that the team could take his $$$$ on in that situation.
This is in no way an endorsement of that move, but we'd only pay ~15,12,12

Piles of ****....same o same o...

Back
Top Bottom