What about Julio Jones? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What about Julio Jones?

So we have another trade for a high priced player. So we have to cut players and make more holes. Or we have to trade X to off set the price. Now I might even consider a swap of X and 6 for Jones and 4 and a 2nd or 3rd. So we have the ammo to trade up for Horn or Surtain, but that’s the only way I’m doing it.

If it were a deal where Jones agreed to restructure (pay cut) and Atlanta was giving a "take this guy off our hands" discount, I'd be in, but that sounds like pretty unlikely to me.

First they try to convince everyone that they're taking Pitts. Now they're putting this out there to make it seem like they're considering Chase.

They're clearly attempting to trade down but not getting enough interest in QB needy teams.

But nah, I want no part of old ass Julio or his contract.

I saw it trending on Twitter that the Falcons are looking to trade Julio Jones. What if the Dolphins make an offer? I think with the money owed and the age you aren’t looking at throwing a first and I really believe the fins have the capital to make it happen. Maybe next years second and a fourth/fifth? I get that he’s one of the elite pass catchers in the league, but I really don’t think they get a better offer. Fuller/Parker/Jones and maybe Pitts? Falcons take Chase fourth, Cincinnati takes either Sewell/Pitts (Chase I think is the only player they would debate taking instead of Sewell because of the connection.) and Pitts to the Fins. You’d get the chance to see what you have in Tua and if he works out great, if not you have an arsenal for whomever you bring in next. Thoughts?
He’s 32 years old and played 10 years in this league...and there are signs of possible decline...I’ll pass!

If we had massive cap space, I'd say go for it. The fact is though that we don't and aren't just one player away.

I saw it trending on Twitter that the Falcons are looking to trade Julio Jones. What if the Dolphins make an offer? I think with the money owed and the age you aren’t looking at throwing a first and I really believe the fins have the capital to make it happen. Maybe next years second and a fourth/fifth? I get that he’s one of the elite pass catchers in the league, but I really don’t think they get a better offer. Fuller/Parker/Jones and maybe Pitts? Falcons take Chase fourth, Cincinnati takes either Sewell/Pitts (Chase I think is the only player they would debate taking instead of Sewell because of the connection.) and Pitts to the Fins. You’d get the chance to see what you have in Tua and if he works out great, if not you have an arsenal for whomever you bring in next. Thoughts?

Seems like a patsies at the tread deadline kind of move

Back
Top Bottom