What do we even have in Minkah? Was he ever a leader? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What do we even have in Minkah? Was he ever a leader?

Hey, who on earth gets to tell their mom how to act? Not sure how strong his mom is, but judging from mine … good luck with that. Mom's try to protect their kids … it often leads to the kids being horribly embarrassed, but the kids don't always get to decide how their moms act. I can't hold that against him.

The IP issue, he just wanted attention, he had to know he had no case. To me that's neither here nor there. Brian Bosworth was a leader at Oklahoma, and he draped himself in the whole NCAA controversy, and it didn't stop him from being a leader at Oklahoma back in the day. Leader's are no strangers to personal controversy … they often go hand in hand. Ask Mike Ditka, Aaron Rodgers, or Joe Namath … never stopped them from being inspirational leaders.

How many professional football players, that are considered leaders on their team, can you name that have their mom fight their Twitter battles for them?

This is part of the problem also. Him and his family need to get off social media. Or if they're going to be on it - stop taking it so seriously. You can't take it anymore serious than I do any posters on this forum. It's just profiles and handles on the internet. That's it.

These kids grow up with social media now and it's part of their reality instead of actual reality. They can't separate the two like some of the older generations can. Social media was Mack Wilson's biggest problem at Alabama. He was too busy posting on social media instead of learning his calls on defense. It cost a talented player a lot of money in the draft.

Times are changing, but I agree 100%. He can't let that happen, much less repeatedly. How are you gonna lead men when you can't get your own mother to talking on social media on your behalf?

I am not saying Minkah won't succeed where he goes next, but there are some questions about the kid.

So does he sit this weekend? Now what do they do with him?

This team has fallen apart and we're still a couple days out from a massive beating from New England. This really sucks.

Not the last we've heard of these players asking for trades, either. fml.

Teams typically sit players when trade discussions are ongoing.

Teams typically sit players when trade discussions are ongoing.

Ugh. Unlike the Tunsil trade, they have zero leverage here. Every week he sits, the more desperate Miami will get.

We're likely to get fleeced, which will be a nice cherry on top of this disaster.

He is practicing today...

Rebuilds involve a tear down before building it up. Right now Miami is in the teardown phase or at least sitting in the wreckage of it. They can't really start to build until this off season.

I have experienced on several occasions organizations go through a teardown phase, streamline or a workforce reduction plan. Whatever the euphemism that is used good productive employees are let go for no other reason than the company trying to save money.

It creates an unsafe environment of fear and distrust particularly for talented workers that know their skills would be appreciated elsewhere. Regardless of what supervisors and managers say to try to build moral and ease employees fears, this is not the type of environment that allows for employees to be leaders.

Complicating things further the work being done by the employees let go then starts getting pushed on to employees still there who may not be skilled or comfortable doing that work and aren't secure that day won't be their last day on the job and can't focus on their original work to begin with let alone additional duties.

Or a manager/supervisor who may be new because the one last week got let go, tries to implement a new system (similar to Miami getting new coaches implementing new offensive and defensive systems) of how to do things differently which only creates more chaos.

Many high qualified employees start looking for work elsewhere before they are let go and those that find it usually don't give notice just glad to get the hell out of there. It's a way to exercise the power they do have in an environment that leads to feeling powerless. That's how I view what is going on with Minkah and Drake and any others that want out right now. It's a normal response to a dysfunctional situation.

This is exactly where I see Miami right now as an organization. It's the price the organization has to pay for choosing to go through a teardown. To expect Minkah and Drake who are talented and young in their careers, came from a highly functional organization like the Alabama football program to embrace this type of culture is unrealistic and expecting them to be above being human which they are not.

Unless you've been through similar circumstances it is unlikely to be relatable, so making judgements and giving opinions about the way a person should be in this situation is merely ignorance and talking out off one's ***.

This is well thought-out and written. Complete tear-downs do not happen without a lot of turmoil. And to be honest, this whole organization hasn't had its head on straight since Marino.

Even if Grier and Flores fail, in the end, this was probably necessary.

Ugh. Unlike the Tunsil trade, they have zero leverage here. Every week he sits, the more desperate Miami will get.

We're likely to get fleeced, which will be a nice cherry on top of this disaster.

Why?

There was nothing sophisticated about the Wide9. It's a technique not a scheme. It's a scam.

Alabama's defense is more complex and complicated than almost any in the NFL. The Alabama players in the NFL will tell you that.

The purpose of Minkah being moved around at Alabama was so he could communicate, not to take advantage of his physical talent. The problems with Miami's defense have nothing to do with Minkah's communication or ability to learn the defense. They're not teaching him a defense. They're using him as a whack-a-mole for all the other players that can't do their jobs. That's Minkah's point.

Really? Alabama’s defense is “more complex and complicated than almost any in the NFL” stop it! One of the most ridiculous statements I’ve ever read in my life.

By extension this statement also says the players at Alabama and their coaching staff is better than practically all of the teams at the NFL level.

Yea but they don’t have to move him. He’s under contract through 2021. His agent needs to talk some sense into him.

Really? Alabama’s defense is “more complex and complicated than almost any in the NFL” stop it! One of the most ridiculous statements I’ve ever read in my life.

By extension this statement also says the players at Alabama and their coaching staff is better than practically all of the teams at the NFL level.
And yet the same poster spins and spins to denounce the QB that lit up that "complex" defense in the National title game at 19 years old.

Educate yourself sir. NFL coaches sit in on Saban's clinics to learn the techniques he coaches. You can go read quotes all day long from former Alabama players in the NFL talking about the differences in sophistication from Saban's defense to some of the one's they play in the NFL.

The coaching staff at Alabama is better than a lot in the NFL. That's why so many coaches off Saban's staff are pursued by NFL teams.

Yea but they don’t have to move him. He’s under contract through 2021. His agent needs to talk some sense into him.

Right now, I would love to see him sit and rot on the bench. Realistically, I just don't see how that helps anyone.

If he was moping around before from playing "whack-a-mole", he's going to be extra mopey sitting on the bench all year.

Educate yourself sir. NFL coaches sit in on Saban's clinics to learn the techniques he coaches. You can go read quotes all day long from former Alabama players in the NFL talking about the differences in sophistication from Saban's defense to some of the one's they play in the NFL.

The coaching staff at Alabama is better than a lot in the NFL. That's why so many coaches off Saban's staff are pursued by NFL teams.
I don't know about that! The Patriots Linebacker coach and defensive genius Patrick Graham are quite the duo!

And yet the same poster spins and spins to denounce the QB that lit up that "complex" defense in the National title game at 19 years old.

That's because we had players back there that didn't understand the defense and couldn't execute it and were blowing coverages. Go watch Savion Smith constantly confused on simple tasks such as whether he was supposed to be in man or zone. Go watch Deionte Thompson getting caught where his eyes aren't supposed to be and letting receivers run by him on the hash.

The problem with jock sniffers like you is that you don't understand football beyond being a cheerleader. That ain't my problem though.

Arrogance aside, that sort of thing won't continue much longer if Alabama keeps showing up to big games as unprepared as they were against Clemson last year. That wasn't so much Lawrence being better than Tua as it was Clemson being immeasurably more prepared than Alabama. Saban flat-out got outcoached by Sweeney.

If anyone has reason to demand a trade, it's Josh Rosen!

At this point, although the trade seemed great at the time, if they didn't think they could give him a fair audition- and with this clown show they certainly cannot, they've essentially fvcked him over as far as his career goes.

Back
Top Bottom