What do we even have in Minkah? Was he ever a leader? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What do we even have in Minkah? Was he ever a leader?

Wasn't the whole point in drafting Minkah in the first place over Derwin James was that Saban sold us on him being able to play multiple positions and be our Swiss Army knife? Now he wants to be traded because he's playing multiple positions??? Just amazing

No I think it was miamis clown staff saw derwin as nothing but a strong safety. That’s what I think it was exactly.

Whiff

It will continue. It was the assistants like Mike Locksley, Josh Gattis, Geoff Collins, etc. that were focused on taking other jobs instead of preparing for Clemson. And recruiters like Tosh Lupoi who were in over their heads as a defensive coordinator that were outcoached. Which is partly on Saban and he admitted that.

But Dabo and Clemson will have to deal with that too at some point, but they haven't had to yet. There's a reason Bama's coaching staff gets raided every year.

Was Alabama unprepared for Clemson the year before? What about the year before that? The year before that? What about the year before that?

You're making my point for me.

I haven't seen Alabama that unprepared for a big game like that in a long time.

Here's the thing - everyone keeps talking about how Bill Belichick is getting old, and is getting close to riding off into the sunset. After all, he's older now than when Shula was forced out because "the game had passed him by."

Nick Saban is older than Bill Belichick. They're both creeping up on 70. It wouldn't surprise me if one or both of them just suddenly hung it up very soon. Because it almost seemed like Saban was just tired of it all this past January; after the game, he looked more relieved that the season was over than upset that they lost. He just looked exhausted.

People blaming Saban instead of Miami's front office for Miami's draft picks. Unreal.

No I think it was miamis clown staff saw derwin as nothing but a strong safety. That’s what I think it was exactly.

Whiff

And now, they are asking 210lb Minkah to play that very box safety position. LMAO you can't make it up.

You're making my point for me.

I haven't seen Alabama that unprepared for a big game like that in a long time.

Here's the thing - everyone keeps talking about how Bill Belichick is getting old, and is getting close to riding off into the sunset. After all, he's older now than when Shula was forced out because "the game had passed him by."

Nick Saban is older than Bill Belichick. They're both creeping up on 70. It wouldn't surprise me if one or both of them just suddenly hung it up very soon. Because it almost seemed like Saban was just tired of it all this past January; after the game, he looked more relieved that the season was over than upset that they lost. He just looked exhausted.

A lot of it was that he was in pain and had been dealing with a hip issue and had to have a hip replacement surgery. Every team plays a bad game and gets out prepared sometimes. Don't matter whether it's Saban or Shula or Belichick. You can't win 'em all.

But it's a lot more difficult when you face as much staff turnover as Saban does. It's not like he's happy that everybody else is constantly raiding his staff. But he's happy for guys to get opportunities to get head coaching jobs.

Dabo and Clemson will have to deal with that sort of thing too in the not too distant future.

Time for Grier (and Flores as HC) to show that they can do more than the tear down part of a rebuild. Retaining cheap, young talent should be just as much of a focus as stocking up capital to acquire it. Based on everything I've read on Fitz, you can work with him to put him in a position to succeed without having to cater to a player. If you have to, camp him in his best position for this year and look to expand his roles when it's out of creativity rather than desperation (to paraphrase Slimm's take on the difference) when you have better pieces around him.

Minkah Fitzpatrick DB, Miami Dolphins

According to ESPN's Jordan Raanan, the Dolphins are seeking a first-round pick in trade talks for DB Minkah Fitzpatrick.

Unhappy with his role on a Dolphins squad circling the drain, Fitzpatrick reportedly wants out of Miami. The rebuilding Fins would be happy to accommodate him, but only at the right price. They're seeking a first-rounder for him, though that might be a tad ambitious. Per Raanan, a second-round pick would probably be a more realistic asking price for Fitzpatrick, a two-time college All-American with 4.46 wheels. Fitzpatrick has underwhelmed to this point in his career, though his versatility should make him appealing to teams in need of secondary help.

Source: Jordan Raanan on Twitter

Sep 13, 2019, 11:12 AM ET

We need leaders who act as leaders. Leaders are an example for other players and who put the team above all. Minka is a diva. He doesn't get his way he pouts.

When was the last time the team actually had a good leader? Pennington for the offense? Suh was an awful leader, I don’t think Wake was the type of leader you want. Jason Taylor for the defense?

Minkah Fitzpatrick DB, Miami Dolphins

According to ESPN's Jordan Raanan, the Dolphins are seeking a first-round pick in trade talks for DB Minkah Fitzpatrick.

Unhappy with his role on a Dolphins squad circling the drain, Fitzpatrick reportedly wants out of Miami. The rebuilding Fins would be happy to accommodate him, but only at the right price. They're seeking a first-rounder for him, though that might be a tad ambitious. Per Raanan, a second-round pick would probably be a more realistic asking price for Fitzpatrick, a two-time college All-American with 4.46 wheels. Fitzpatrick has underwhelmed to this point in his career, though his versatility should make him appealing to teams in need of secondary help.

Source: Jordan Raanan on Twitter

Sep 13, 2019, 11:12 AM ET

Good.

If this is really going to happen, someone will yark up a first for him. There are 7-1/2 weeks before the trade deadline.

Do I want him gone? No. I want him and the team to come to an agreement where he's looking a year or two down the road, and he has more talent around him in the secondary, so they're not using him as a Swiss Army knife. He seems to be a good dude.

But if he's dead set on it? Okay.

Savion Smith was an untalented player with a low football IQ. Deionte Thompson was just a moron.

Now, what you have to do is figure some things out for yourself. Be a big boy. I can't hold your hand and help you understand football anymore than the coaches can hold the player's hands and get them to understand. Some can do it for themselves and some can't. You're essentially Savion Smith.

Go watch film and tally how many TD passes Alabama's defense gave up last year - then determine how many of 'em were given up by those two players.

We’re in complete agreement someone should hold the child named “Mikah’s” hand and say “Be a big boy!” You big baby! Wipe your nose. Boo whoo me. They’re asking me to do extra at this level.

It’s very likely this new coaching staff isn’t up to speed and aren’t utilizing players efficiently. But Mikah as a 2nd years pkayer doesn’t come out of this looking good at all. Especially when you add his on field performance to the equation. It makes him look like a me first player and a guy that looks for the easiest way out as soon as things get challenging.

How many professional football players, that are considered leaders on their team, can you name that have their mom fight their Twitter battles for them?
Twitter hasn't been around long enough to even be a possibility for 90% of the leaders I've known. But outspoken moms aren't new.

Yep.

Minkah sounds more like a little bitch to me.

He is supposed to lead what exactly
if your work was looking to retool but said their new plan was to fail then put things in place fai lin epic fashion displaying zero competency, then replace any good worker with new employees that had no qualifications then decided that you yourself should be moved to window washer during the process from what you were hired for ... what would you lead?

Back
Top Bottom