What do we even have in Minkah? Was he ever a leader? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What do we even have in Minkah? Was he ever a leader?

That's because we had players back there that didn't understand the defense and couldn't execute it and were blowing coverages. Go watch Savion Smith constantly confused on simple tasks such as whether he was supposed to be in man or zone. Go watch Deionte Thompson getting caught where his eyes aren't supposed to be and letting receivers run by him on the hash.

The problem with jock sniffers like you is that you don't understand football beyond being a cheerleader. That ain't my problem though.
Imagine calling someone a jock sniffer the day after hiding outside Alabama's practice to get autographs from kids 50 years younger than you. At least you sniff them when they are clean when you finish the laundry in exchange for a ticket for a sideline pass to the hoover high JV game

Arrogance aside, that sort of thing won't continue much longer if Alabama keeps showing up to big games as unprepared as they were against Clemson last year. That wasn't so much Lawrence being better than Tua as it was Clemson being immeasurably more prepared than Alabama. Saban flat-out got outcoached by Sweeney.

It will continue. It was the assistants like Mike Locksley, Josh Gattis, Geoff Collins, etc. that were focused on taking other jobs instead of preparing for Clemson. And recruiters like Tosh Lupoi who were in over their heads as a defensive coordinator that were outcoached. Which is partly on Saban and he admitted that.

But Dabo and Clemson will have to deal with that too at some point, but they haven't had to yet. There's a reason Bama's coaching staff gets raided every year.

Was Alabama unprepared for Clemson the year before? What about the year before that? The year before that? What about the year before that?

Educate yourself sir. NFL coaches sit in on Saban's clinics to learn the techniques he coaches. You can go read quotes all day long from former Alabama players in the NFL talking about the differences in sophistication from Saban's defense to some of the one's they play in the NFL.

The coaching staff at Alabama is better than a lot in the NFL. That's why so many coaches off Saban's staff are pursued by NFL teams.
That's because we had players back there that didn't understand the defense and couldn't execute it and were blowing coverages. Go watch Savion Smith constantly confused on simple tasks such as whether he was supposed to be in man or zone. Go watch Deionte Thompson getting caught where his eyes aren't supposed to be and letting receivers run by him on the hash.

The problem with jock sniffers like you is that you don't understand football beyond being a cheerleader. That ain't my problem though.

You mean the world's most sophisticated defensive players and coaching staff that got destroyed by a young T.Lawrence?
That defense? What i'm i missing here? Please explain?

Right now, I would love to see him sit and rot on the bench. Realistically, I just don't see how that helps anyone.

If he was moping around before from playing "whack-a-mole", he's going to be extra mopey sitting on the bench all year.

At which point the agent talks some sense into him and saying that nobody is trading for you, you have 3 years left on your contract, quit bitching and go play.

Imagine calling someone a jock sniffer the day after hiding outside Alabama's practice to get autographs from kids 50 years younger than you. At least you sniff them when they are clean when you finish the laundry in exchange for a ticket for a sideline pass to the hoover high JV game

I've never gotten an autograph from anyone in my life. You've got a warped sense for who you're talking to.

What was the quote from saban with regards to minkahs time at Alabama? Was it something along the lines of most intelligent football player he ever coached or highest iq? I just can’t remember.

Minkah bolting does not put us in good standing with saban which likely will work its way down to tua.

Which is really at the end of all this all I really care about. If you are gonna use the guy as a slot corner primarily I can find serviceable in that in mid rounds.

The staff should be thinking about the impact on tua with moves like this. Cause it’s qb that gonna get these guys pink slips faster than anything else.

Unless miamis just not interested in tua. In which case well I don’t want to even go there.

There was nothing sophisticated about the Wide9. It's a technique not a scheme. It's a scam.

Alabama's defense is more complex and complicated than almost any in the NFL. The Alabama players in the NFL will tell you that.

The purpose of Minkah being moved around at Alabama was so he could communicate, not to take advantage of his physical talent. The problems with Miami's defense have nothing to do with Minkah's communication or ability to learn the defense. They're not teaching him a defense. They're using him as a whack-a-mole for all the other players that can't do their jobs. That's Minkah's point.
You completely missed the point of what I was saying, but ended with the same conclusion so :up:

You mean the world's most sophisticated defensive players and coaching staff that got destroyed by a young T.Lawrence?
That defense? What i'm i missing here? Please explain?

I just did.

If anyone has reason to demand a trade, it's Josh Rosen!

At this point, although the trade seemed great at the time, if they didn't think they could give him a fair audition- and with this clown show they certainly cannot, they've essentially fvcked him over as far as his career goes.

Despite Rosen's situation, in every interview, he has nothing but positive & optimistic things to say. The guy knows he is probably going to get Kyler Murray'd again in the 2020 draft, yet you never hear rumors of him complaining. For months now, Josh Rosen has been working with the CAAI trying to get college athletes paid, he works with Parley. He seems about as selfless as you can be. I am not so optimistic about his future at QB here, but from a character standpoint, he's been the antithesis of how he was portrayed.

I just did.

Not to me..Please saying it again. Let me here the excuses..I mean explanation.
I'm still trying to also understand why 100% of those masterful, high IQ, defensive players aren't drafted with every pick?
Moreover, how is it that defensive staff that's better than any in the NFL isn't raided every year?

The deal imo is that Minkah was totally embarrassed in the game in front of the whole world and he's looking to blame someone other than himself. That's not the actions of a leader. A leader takes the blame and then kicks ass the next week. A leader keeps his mouth shut regarding things that should be kept in house. Having said that, I honestly don't know how I'd feel if I was a member of this team. Tanking is ugly business. Talking about it and living through it are 2 different things. We will take a hit as a franchise and I think it's deserved. Just look at where we are now. It aint pretty, guys, and we haven't hit bottom. I don't think Miami is going to turn out to be a very good tank town.

I was looking back over Minkah's draft profiles, all of which rant & rave over his versatility, however this thread is more about leadership.

Day One on FH, Minkah was crowned not only a potential All Pro, but a leader of men.

In his time in Miami, what leadership qualities has Minkah shown? He lets his mom fight his battles for him on twitter, then he backs up her up to the media, his body language is terrible as he's been sulking around the team for quite some time now, he was never named captain by his peers. All we've seen from Minkah (besides mistakes on the field) is that he cries when he is asked to handle multiple positions (again, I thought versatility was a strength of his). Now there were obviously serious issues in the secondary Week 1, lets assume it was 100% the coaches fault (it wasn't). How does the kid handle one frustrating, bad game with a completely new defense? He cries to his agent (i'm sure mommy was first) and demands a trade. After ONE game into his second professional season. Unprecedented behavior.

If Charles Harris did this last year, this board would be endlessly goofing on him for being a bust, overrated, immature, weak, etc. But because Minkah was Saban's pet in Alabama, he can't possibly be any of these things.. Can he?

This kid has been blown up to epic proportions on FH (the Derwin James comparisons :rolleyes:). Due to the very knowledgeable Alabama posters we have on this board, we had a lot of encouraging info early on Minkah. I'll admit, I was pretty excited to bring in a young mature leader with so much versatility. But did we get any of that?

In fact, what return has Miami received in terms of leadership, or even maturity from any of our recent Alabama selections? Kenyan Drake, who by all accounts is another one currently crying to his agent and was upset last year too. Let's not forget, Drake was planning to demand a trade if Gase stayed last year. Now, Drake has found new reason to look for a trade. His list of reasons for a trade is almost as long as the list of coaches who don't trust him as a workhorse back. Note that Kenyan is also crying about misuse, but he is not the elite RB he thinks he is. He's always been a change of pace back, he'll always be one. For quite some time, the media has alluded to behind the scenes character issues with Kenyan and it makes a lot of sense. No one loves some Drake like Drake. It isn't possible we're seeing some of this unfold with Minkah?

We have two unhappy, self absorbed, underachievers who were gifted (did not earn) medals in leadership and maturity, because they came from Alabama. And now because these two clowns are both crying for a trade due to "misuse", we are supposed to believe the climate has instantly become exponentially worse in Miami. Now, the narrative is that Tua will refuse to come to Miami. Why, because we upset a 3rd round change of pace RB2 who thinks he's LeVeon Bell? Or is it because Minkah, Mr. Versatile, is upset that he had to show a little versatility on a rebuilding team that he is supposed to be a leader of? Who are Minkah and Drake to have any influence on anyone, in anything at all, much less the first pick in the 2020 draft? So far, their career highlight is the fact that they went to Alabama.

If what TedSlimm said (and I believe him) is even remotely accurate about Tua now rejecting Miami because Minkah and Drake are upset, that would make Tua by far the biggest Alabama baby the Dolphins have been involved with.

These are today's leaders lol. I cringe at the thought of how entitled these kids will be 10 years from now, it will be impossible for anyone but 3 teams to field a roster.

Wasn't the whole point in drafting Minkah in the first place over Derwin James was that Saban sold us on him being able to play multiple positions and be our Swiss Army knife? Now he wants to be traded because he's playing multiple positions??? Just amazing

Not to me..Please saying it again. Let me here the excuses..I mean explanation.
I'm still trying to also understand why 100% of those masterful, high IQ, defensive players aren't drafted with every pick?
Moreover, how is it that defensive staff that's better than any in the NFL isn't raided every year?

Savion Smith was an untalented player with a low football IQ. Deionte Thompson was just a moron.

Now, what you have to do is figure some things out for yourself. Be a big boy. I can't hold your hand and help you understand football anymore than the coaches can hold the player's hands and get them to understand. Some can do it for themselves and some can't. You're essentially Savion Smith.

Go watch film and tally how many TD passes Alabama's defense gave up last year - then determine how many of 'em were given up by those two players.

Back
Top Bottom