What Games is Miami going to win? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What Games is Miami going to win?

nyjunc said:
In his defense the same could have been said about Chad in 2002 but he came in and played like he was a 10 yr vet.

Very few Chads.

:)

BZ

BwanaZulia said:
That is the point, he is a rookie. No game experience. A thousand training camps does not equal one season of starting.

BZ

Did I saw a thousand training camps equal a season of starting?

Answer me this than who would you rather have starting for you

A.) A Qb with a training camp and preseason under his belt.

B.) A Qb with 2 training camps, a season of watching, an entire offseason, two preseasons.

Thats all I am trying to say.

BillsCA said:
Did I saw a thousand training camps equal a season of starting?

Answer me this than who would you rather have starting for you

A.) A Qb with a training camp and preseason under his belt.

B.) A Qb with 2 training camps, a season of watching, an entire offseason, two preseasons.

Thats all I am trying to say.

B.

But you have to know, as the NFL has proven over and over again, that both A and B both take awhile (read: a few season) to get any good.

BZ

wins-denver,jets,bills,bucs,saints,titans,browns,chargers

losses-panthers,jets,bills,pats(2),cheifs,falcons,raiders

8-8 thats pretty solid after a 4-12 season

Vessel17 said:
I know it's really too early to do this but I was curious to see what games y'all are predicting to be in the W column. I have the dolphins like this.

Wins against- TB, Cleveland, Tenn, NO, Buffalo (1), and Jets (1)

Losses against- Denver, Carolina, KC, Atlanta, NE (twice), Oakland, Buffalo, SD, and Jets

Overall-6-10 (not bad for a rebuilding year)

Most on this board won't like this (that's ok, I'm just being honest). But I just don't see the Phins as real contenders for two-three more years.

Sounds very fair, coming from a Bills fan. But I think we win the opener against the Donkeys, and eek out a win against ATL. 8-8. All the rest I agree with you.

Here are my predictions:

Week 1 (Broncos): LOSS
Week 2 (@Jets): WIN
Week 3 (Panthers): LOSS
Week 4: BYE
Week 5 (@Bills): LOSS
Week 6 (@Buccaneers): WIN
Week 7 (Chiefs): WIN
Week 8 (@Saints): WIN
Week 9 (Falcons): LOSS
Week 10 (Patriots): WIN
Week 11 (@Browns): WIN
Week 12 (@Raiders): LOSS
Week 13 (Bills): WIN
Week 14 (@Chargers): LOSS
Week 15 (Jets): WIN
Week 16 (Titans): WIN
Week 17 (@Patriots): LOSS

I'm iffy about the Bills, since they'll (presumably) be starting Losman at QB, and Losman is essentially a rookie. His play, or whether or not they go to Kelly Holcombe, will be the determing point for the Bills season, and consequently how the 'Fins fare against the Bills.

I think we'll sweep the Jets, just because Jay "bad luck" Fiedler plays for them now. If (GOD PLEASE) Chad Pennington gets hurt (which he probably will) and Jay starts either (or both) of the games against Miami, we should definitely win that game(s). It would be so nice to see a J. Fielder int return for a TD, *helping* the Dolphins win for a change! :lol:

That would put us at 9-7, which seems to be at the upper end of what we can hope for. Call me optimistic. :-)

DoctorFeelgood said:
Here are my predictions:
I think we'll sweep the Jets, just because Jay "bad luck" Fiedler plays for them now. If (GOD PLEASE) Chad Pennington gets hurt (which he probably will) and Jay starts either (or both) of the games against Miami, we should definitely win that game(s). It would be so nice to see a J. Fielder int return for a TD, *helping* the Dolphins win for a change! :lol:

That would put us at 9-7, which seems to be at the upper end of what we can hope for. Call me optimistic. :-)

How about calling you crazy? :)

There are a lot of "ifs" in that prediction. If Chad gets hurt. If Jay has to play and plays badly. How about if our defense doesn't show up? How about if we just leave the ball on the 50 and see if the Dolphins can score with it?

To predict that a 4-12 team that got swept last year is going to turn around and sweep a playoff caliber team with a healthy QB and top ranked defense, is well, just a little more than optimistic.

BZ

I'm not saying Chad has to get hurt for the Phins to win, I'm saying we'll win just because "Bad Luck" Fielder plays for the Jets.

I just *want* to see Jay play, because it would be hilarious that see that scrub costing somebody else games, with his interceptions and crappy throws, for a change!

DoctorFeelgood said:
I'm not saying Chad has to get hurt for the Phins to win, I'm saying we'll win just because "Bad Luck" Fielder plays for the Jets.

Ok. Fair enough.

DoctorFeelgood said:
I
I just *want* to see Jay play, because it would be hilarious that see that scrub costing somebody else games, with his interceptions and crappy throws, for a change!

Well, it won't be as hilarious as him being our started for 2 years. :)

BZ

Week 2 (@Jets): WIN
Week 15 (Jets): WIN

:lol: :lol: You are not sweeping us, we are 11-3 against you in the last 14 and we have the talent edge. You MAY get a game just b/c anything can happen in a rivalry game but you aren't sweeping unless we have a billion injuries.

nyjunc said:
:lol: :lol: You are not sweeping us, we are 11-3 against you in the last 14 and we have the talent edge. You MAY get a game just b/c anything can happen in a rivalry game but you aren't sweeping unless we have a billion injuries.

Nah... more like a bajillion! :)

BZ

Week 1 (Broncos) WIN: The Donkeys are overrated. Any team that goes and gets all of the defensive lineman from a 3-13 team has some serious issues.
Week 2 (@Jets) LOSS: The Meadowlands is always a house of horrors for us.
Week 3 (Panthers) WIN: I think we will be much improved at home this season.
Week 4: BYE (Last year with Wanny this would have been a LOSS)
Week 5 (@Bills) LOSS: I think we split with all the East teams.
Week 6 (@Buccaneers) WIN: Our first road win of the season.
Week 7 (Chiefs) LOSS: This is a tough matchup for anyone. If the Chiefs defense is even a little bit better this is a loss.
Week 8 (@Saints) WIN: Jim Haslett now owns the esteemed title of worst head coach in football.
Week 9 (Falcons) WIN: Our defense will smack Mike Vick in the face.
Week 10 (Patriots) WIN: We match up well against Brady.
Week 11 (@Browns) WIN: The Browns are going to be terrible. Welcome to Cleveland Matt Leinart.
Week 12 (@Raiders) LOSS: Their offense could be a nightmare.
Week 13 (Bills) WIN: Like I said, we split with the AFC East teams.
Week 14 (@Chargers) LOSS: I honestly think the Chargers are the Patriots #1 obstacle this year in the AFC.
Week 15 (Jets) WIN: See Bills above.
Week 16 (Titans) WIN: The Titans will be almost as bad as the Browns.
Week 17 (@Patriots) LOSS: Foxborough in December....yikes.

It ends exactly like I think it will. With some luck we go 10-6 and make the playoffs.

unifiedtheory said:
Week 1 (Broncos) WIN: The Donkeys are overrated. Any team that goes and gets all of the defensive lineman from a 3-13 team has some serious issues.
Week 2 (@Jets) LOSS: The Meadowlands is always a house of horrors for us.
Week 3 (Panthers) WIN: I think we will be much improved at home this season.
Week 4: BYE (Last year with Wanny this would have been a LOSS)
Week 5 (@Bills) LOSS: I think we split with all the East teams.
Week 6 (@Buccaneers) WIN: Our first road win of the season.
Week 7 (Chiefs) LOSS: This is a tough matchup for anyone. If the Chiefs defense is even a little bit better this is a loss.
Week 8 (@Saints) WIN: Jim Haslett now owns the esteemed title of worst head coach in football.
Week 9 (Falcons) WIN: Our defense will smack Mike Vick in the face.
Week 10 (Patriots) WIN: We match up well against Brady.
Week 11 (@Browns) WIN: The Browns are going to be terrible. Welcome to Cleveland Matt Leinart.
Week 12 (@Raiders) LOSS: Their offense could be a nightmare.
Week 13 (Bills) WIN: Like I said, we split with the AFC East teams.
Week 14 (@Chargers) LOSS: I honestly think the Chargers are the Patriots #1 obstacle this year in the AFC.
Week 15 (Jets) WIN: See Bills above.
Week 16 (Titans) WIN: The Titans will be almost as bad as the Browns.
Week 17 (@Patriots) LOSS: Foxborough in December....yikes.

It ends exactly like I think it will. With some luck we go 10-6 and make the playoffs.

See nyjunc's post above.

BZ

Back
Top Bottom