What Games is Miami going to win? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What Games is Miami going to win?

Ok, since this forum is the "no smack / serious" forum, I should say that I don't necessarily expect us to sweep the Jets. I do however, think it will be interesting to see how well Pennington has recovered from the shoulder thing, and see how healthy he can stay.

And I do think we'll at least manage to split with the Jets. Probably losing on the road and winning at home. Otherwise I stand by my predictions.

If there's another one I'm iffy about, it's the Chiefs, who will, as somebody else pointed out, be very dangerous if their defense plays better than last year.

Oh, and I reserve the right to alter my predictions after seeing some pre-season games. :D

this year i'd be real happy to split division wins, next year we tie three brooms to the periscope !!

unifiedtheory said:
I did'nt say we'd sweep you...genius...

I didn't say you said you would sweep us.

Genius is a little much, but thanks.

BZ

nyjunc said:
Brady is 5-2 against the Dolphins in the last 7 games.

Tom Brady's last 6 games against the Miami Dolphins:

Week 5 @ Miami 2002
17 COMP. 31 ATT. 240 YDS. 2 TDS. 2 INTS. 74.7 RATING
Week 17 @ N.E. 2002
25 COMP. 44 ATT. 221 YDS. 1 TDS. 1 INTS. 68.5 RATING
Week 7 @ Miami 2003
24 COMP. 34 ATT. 283 YDS. 2 TDS. 0 INTS. 115.2 RATING
Week 14 @ N.E. 2003
16 COMP. 31 ATT. 163 YDS. 0 TDS. 0 INTS. 67.0 RATING
Week 5 @ N.E. 2004
7 COMP. 19 ATT. 76 YDS. 2 TDS. 1 INTS. 62.6 RATING
Week 15 @ Miami 2004
18 COMP. 29 ATT. 171 YDS. 3 TDS. 4 INTS. 73.3 RATING

I his last 6 games against the Dolphins Brady is a 56% passer with 10 TD's and 8 INT's. He's had 3 games with a rating of under 70 and two other games under 75.

Not bad considering his lifetime rating is 88, his lifetime completion percentage is 62% and he has a 2 to 1 TD to INT ratio.

He gets held to under his career statistics when he plays us. So, my point of "The Dolphins match up well against Brady" is very well supported by the numbers. He may be 5-2 in those games but Brady did'nt win the "dirt game" or the "Meltdown in Foxborough"...those were bad kicking/coaching.

Then again, considering your Jets manage to get the CRAP beaten out of them everytime they see Brady (5 WINS and 1 LOSS, 63%, 8 TDs, 2 INTs and 4 games with a passer rating over 100) I can see why you'd be p.o.ed about my "We match-up well against Brady" comment.

Learn the numbers, then comment...

unifiedtheory said:
Tom Brady's last 6 games against the Miami Dolphins:

Week 5 @ Miami 2002
17 COMP. 31 ATT. 240 YDS. 2 TDS. 2 INTS. 74.7 RATING
Week 17 @ N.E. 2002
25 COMP. 44 ATT. 221 YDS. 1 TDS. 1 INTS. 68.5 RATING
Week 7 @ Miami 2003
24 COMP. 34 ATT. 283 YDS. 2 TDS. 0 INTS. 115.2 RATING
Week 14 @ N.E. 2003
16 COMP. 31 ATT. 163 YDS. 0 TDS. 0 INTS. 67.0 RATING
Week 5 @ N.E. 2004
7 COMP. 19 ATT. 76 YDS. 2 TDS. 1 INTS. 62.6 RATING
Week 15 @ Miami 2004
18 COMP. 29 ATT. 171 YDS. 3 TDS. 4 INTS. 73.3 RATING

I his last 6 games against the Dolphins Brady is a 56% passer with 10 TD's and 8 INT's. He's had 3 games with a rating of under 70 and two other games under 75.

Not bad considering his lifetime rating is 88, his lifetime completion percentage is 62% and he has a 2 to 1 TD to INT ratio.

He gets held to under his career statistics when he plays us. So, my point of "The Dolphins match up well against Brady" is very well supported by the numbers. He may be 5-2 in those games but Brady did'nt win the "dirt game" or the "Meltdown in Foxborough"...those were bad kicking/coaching.

Then again, considering your Jets manage to get the CRAP beaten out of them everytime they see Brady (5 WINS and 1 LOSS, 63%, 8 TDs, 2 INTs and 4 games with a passer rating over 100) I can see why you'd be p.o.ed about my "We match-up well against Brady" comment.

Learn the numbers, then comment...

What about 5-2 don't you get? He has led NE to a 5-2 record against miami in the last 7 games, he is not a stats QB he is about winning and he makes plays to win. We held NE to their lowest point total of the year and did it at NE but NE won and that's all that matters. Keep crowing about macthing up well w/ Brady as he keeps leading them to victories over you. I have never seen a fanbase get more excited over 1 meaningless win in a 4-12 season in my life.

nyjunc said:
What about 5-2 don't you get? He has led NE to a 5-2 record against miami in the last 7 games, he is not a stats QB he is about winning and he makes plays to win. We held NE to their lowest point total of the year and did it at NE but NE won and that's all that matters. Keep crowing about macthing up well w/ Brady as he keeps leading them to victories over you. I have never seen a fanbase get more excited over 1 meaningless win in a 4-12 season in my life.

Agreed.

If it were all about stats, Dan Marino would have five rings and Manning would be working on his second or third.

For as much as I dislike Brady (not personally) he gets the job done and him, his team and the BB system can pull out a win.

BZ

nyjunc said:

The POINT I was attepting to make before I was interupted by you was that our defense matches up well against Brady...even he has said it before.

The stats I posted also confirm this fact. Win and losses aside he has problems against us...

Now I wait for the "he is 5-2 against you blahblahblah"....Well....he's 5-1 against the Jets in his last 6 so we have a better record against him in that span of time.

B.T.W. "Mr. Read things into what I said" once in ANYTHING I wrote about his match up problems did I say A THING about our win against the Patriots last year?

BwanaZulia said:
Agreed.

If it were all about stats, Dan Marino would have five rings and Manning would be working on his second or third.

For as much as I dislike Brady (not personally) he gets the job done and him, his team and the BB system can pull out a win.

BZ

Do you every have anything to add to the discussion besides blindly agreeing with anything nyjunc says?

unifiedtheory said:
Do you every have anything to add to the discussion besides blindly agreeing with anything nyjunc says?

When he starts saying something wrong, I will. Until then. No.

BZ

The only game the Fins will win this year will be against the Titans......NO! WAIT!! The Titans just traded for Henry!!

:lol: How about 0-16 :lol:

Now I wait for the "he is 5-2 against you blahblahblah"....Well....he's 5-1 against the Jets in his last 6 so we have a better record against him in that span of time.

The record is all that matters. He is actually 6-1 against us and has beaten us 4 straight. It means little to me that you beat him in a meaningless game last year, when they games count he wins, it doesn't matter who it's against and b/c he has worse stats against you guys doesn't mean you have his #. Beat him when it counts and then you can begin to crow.

nyjunc said:
The record is all that matters. He is actually 6-1 against us and has beaten us 4 straight. It means little to me that you beat him in a meaningless game last year, when they games count he wins, it doesn't matter who it's against and b/c he has worse stats against you guys doesn't mean you have his #. Beat him when it counts and then you can begin to crow.
Gotta disagree with you on that one yes its sad we are hanging last season on that one win but it wasnt a "MEANINGLESS" game to the Pats they needed it for homefield and they didnt get it...Im pretty sure they took us lightly (not a mistake they make very often) and we stepped up.

Back
Top Bottom