What Games is Miami going to win? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What Games is Miami going to win?

zeke0123 said:
Gotta disagree with you on that one yes its sad we are hanging last season on that one win but it wasnt a "MEANINGLESS" game to the Pats they needed it for homefield and they didnt get it

That really slowed them down.... :)

BZ

BwanaZulia said:
That really slowed them down.... :)

BZ
True but its not like anyone else in the division can claim different...point was posters are acting like it was a throw-away game and the fins faced second stringers..It wasnt the Pats gave it their best shot it was an important game to them and they came up short.

Ill be just fine with a split with everyone in our division. Realistically I think that the Pats and Jets have a chance to sweep. I think that we pick up the Broncos game. Can't really explain why I just think that they are going to struggle badly this year. O yeah I just remembered it is because I have watched Plumber play for the last 10 years and think he sucks!

zeke0123 said:
True but its not like anyone else in the division can claim different...point was posters are acting like it was a throw-away game and the fins faced second stringers..It wasnt the Pats gave it their best shot it was an important game to them and they came up short.

I agree that the Pats played to win, because they always do. Nobody was more surprised by that outcome than I.

Funny story: Since my wife (The Phin Fan) was so sure they were going to lose, she went to bed early and didn't see the game (we Tivo'd it). I woke up early read about the outcome on the internet and I went in to wake her with this.

Wife (groggy): So... how bad was it?

BZ: Pretty bad. It was close till the end when the QB threw a horrible interception which made them lose the game.

Wife: Ouch. Damn AJ!

BZ: The thing is, the QB was Brady. The Dolphins won!

Wife: Really? Reeeeeeeeeeeallly? (big grin).

BZ: (laugh)

BZ

that must make for some good times :D having a phin fan wife...I bet you two have had some classic moments.

Miami beating the Pats last year was sweet.
The mighty didn't look so mighty after they had fallen. Brady's expression at the end of the game all by itself was worth comming out for.

DENVER BRONCOS: W, 23-20(OT)
at New York Jets: L, 24-6
CAROLINA PANTHERS: L, 19-17
at Buffalo Bills: L, 27-3
at Tampa Bay Buccaneers: W, 24-20
KANSAS CITY CHIEFS: L, 38-35
at New Orleans Saints: L, 31-17
ATLANTA FALCONS: W, 20-14
NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS: L, 16-9
at Cleveland Browns: W, 27-14
at Oakland Raiders: L, 21-20
BUFFALO BILLS: L, 20-16
at San Diego Chargers: L, 23-18
NEW YORK JETS: W, 20-10(Pennington will be injured by this point in the season)
TENNESSEE TITANS: W, 30-3
at New England Patriots: L, 24-0

6-10...with a little luck the fins could end up 8-8

zeke0123 said:
Gotta disagree with you on that one yes its sad we are hanging last season on that one win but it wasnt a "MEANINGLESS" game to the Pats they needed it for homefield and they didnt get it...Im pretty sure they took us lightly (not a mistake they make very often) and we stepped up.

Even had they won that game they would not have had homefield, they wanted homefield but they knew they would win at pitt in the title game if the 2 teams met. it was a meaningless game for the Pats.

It wasnt the Pats gave it their best shot it was an important game to them and they came up short.

They were sleep walking through that game and it woke them up as they tore through the rest of their sched.

zeke0123 said:
that must make for some good times :D having a phin fan wife...I bet you two have had some classic moments.

It is fun and it is great having a wife who not only likes Football but loves it. She is in all the pools, pick leagues and watches all the shows with me.

The only question now is, what team will our 3 week old daughter pick? :)

(I am sure I know the answer from most you on this board)

BZ

nyjunc said:
Even had they won that game they would not have had homefield, they wanted homefield but they knew they would win at pitt in the title game if the 2 teams met. it was a meaningless game for the Pats.

They were sleep walking through that game and it woke them up as they tore through the rest of their sched.
So when did the Pats hire Miss Cleo ?? week 15 and they both have one loss records. I guess it was just a forgone conclusion that they (pitt) where going to beat Baltimore and Buffalo so why even bother trying to beat Miami :rolleyes: I mean NE is famous for just "giving up"....NY I know trying to deflate any Miami Victory is your #1 priority but at least try and get your facts right. AFTER that game the rest of the regular season didnt matter to them.

zeke0123 said:
So when did the Pats hire Miss Cleo ?? week 15 and they both have one loss records. I guess it was just a forgone conclusion that they (pitt) where going to beat Baltimore and Buffalo so why even bother trying to beat Miami :rolleyes: I mean NE is famous for just "giving up"....NY I know trying to deflate any Miami Victory is your #1 priority but at least try and get your facts right.

It meant nothing, trying to deflate the Miami victory? Come on, it was absolutely meaningless. As meaningless as the Jets beating Tennesse in '03 when they were the hottest team in the NFL. Yes I think NE expected Pitt to have home field and didn't care b/c they knew they could beat them at Pitt. If you think you got the Pats A game you are sadly mistaken.

nyjunc said:
It meant nothing, trying to deflate the Miami victory? Come on, it was absolutely meaningless. As meaningless as the Jets beating Tennesse in '03 when they were the hottest team in the NFL. Yes I think NE expected Pitt to have home field and didn't care b/c they knew they could beat them at Pitt. If you think you got the Pats A game you are sadly mistaken.
NO I certainly dont think we got their A game I think they took us lightly but to say they didnt "want" that game is kinda lame.

BwanaZulia said:
It is fun and it is great having a wife who not only likes Football but loves it. She is in all the pools, pick leagues and watches all the shows with me.

The only question now is, what team will our 3 week old daughter pick? :)

(I am sure I know the answer from most you on this board)

BZ
I think it will be the jets because little girls love their Dads its just the way it is :D .

zeke0123 said:
NO I certainly dont think we got their A game I think they took us lightly but to say they didnt "want" that game is kinda lame.

Every team "wants" to win, I never said they didn't want to win but they were sleepwalking through that game. They did not g their typical effort b/c in the back of their mind they didn't think they could lose and they thought if they lost it wasn't a major blow.

nyjunc said:
Every team "wants" to win, I never said they didn't want to win but they were sleepwalking through that game. They did not g their typical effort b/c in the back of their mind they didn't think they could lose and they thought if they lost it wasn't a major blow.
That part I agree with.. but if you think they didnt want it to come down to the last game of the season and make Pitt win out for homefield then we are thinking of two totally different patriot teams.

Back
Top Bottom