What is Brian Flores Worth? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What is Brian Flores Worth?

Gruden went for two firsts I believe..

you know the phrase “everyone has a price tag”??

not Flores imo..and that’s because I believe he has modern day Lombardi qualities..

source.gif

What team would dish out a 1st and a 4th right now for Flores?

No one but Houston should, if they had it and BOB wasn’t making the decisions. The problem is that GMs and Coaches make these kinds of decisions so to trade for a coach you’d really only be dealing with ownership.

I wouldn’t give him up for a 1 and a 4 and I get why other teams wouldn’t give that up to get him.

It’s one of those things where value is really only in the eye of the beholder.

The real answer is that Flores is either worth a lot more than a 1 and a 4, or he’s worth nothing.

A coach can’t be worth a 4th round pick, like a player can be.

Last edited:
If Flores proves to be a good to great coach, I don't think you'd be able to put a price on that. Miami has been searching for a coach with a winning formula and may have found it in Brian Flores. I wouldn't trade him for the world. He'd be worth his weight in gold.

No one but Houston should, if they had it and BOB wasn’t making the decisions. The problem is that GMs and Coaches make these kinds of decisions so to trade for a coach you’d really only be dealing with ownership.

I wouldn’t give him up for a 1 and a 4 and I get why other teams wouldn’t give that up to get him.

It’s one of those things where value is really only in the eye of the beholder.

The real answer is that Flores is either worth a lot more than a 1 and a 4, or he’s worth nothing.

A coach can’t be worth a 4th round pick, like a player can be.
Agree, except wasn't it Grier who acquired Flores in the first place? Shouldn't it then follow that he'd be the one accepting or rejecting offers for him?

Right now he iy s worth 5 wins and 11 losses with a good Free Agency offseason. He spent most of his years learning from Belicik and watching the Goat play QB. A QB that cant run. A QB that does not have the strongest arm yet he is the GOAT.

We will find out what Flores has learned about QBs come draft day.

Right now he iy s worth 5 wins and 11 losses with a good Free Agency offseason. He spent most of his years learning from Belicik and watching the Goat play QB. A QB that cant run. A QB that does not have the strongest arm yet he is the GOAT.

I really doubt we will know any more than what our own individual biases are on draft day, and we already know that.

The earliest we can possibly fairly judge Flo, and the pick, is more than a year and a half away, and possibly 2+ yrs, away.

We'll find out what Flores now prefers in a QB, based on his long experience with the wildly successful Patriots and unexpected success here, given the circumstances. I think the answer may surprise a lot of people. Generally speaking, I think he's going to prefer a young Fitzpatrick who is somehow as comfortable and dangerous in the pocket as Fitz is now. I doubt that player exists as yet, but that's what he'll want.

I really doubt we will know any more than what our own individual biases are on draft day, and we already know that.

The earliest we can possibly fairly judge Flo, and the pick, is more than a year and a half away, and possibly 2+ yrs, away.

I see your point. However, if Kraft had waited for undeniable success from Bill Belichick, or Joe Robie had been just a little more stingy in his offer for a young, promising Don Shula, NFL history would have been very different indeed.

I think the best GM/Owners will have an eye for coaching talent. In Ross' case, that's probably still developing. But I think Grier knew exactly who he was getting.

Sounds like Jake Fromm!!!

Back
Top Bottom