What is the key to beating Josh Allen and getting past buffalo? | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What is the key to beating Josh Allen and getting past buffalo?

I'm confused to why people are arguing with Bills fans. Miami is in year 3 of a teardown. Were not better than them.

Stop replying to them and hopefully that virus will leave.

Bills fans are funny, but they sure left out of here in a hurry after that shellacking they took from Kansas City. The Buffa0fers

I'm confused to why people are arguing with Bills fans. Miami is in year 3 of a teardown. Were not better than them.

Stop replying to them and hopefully that virus will leave.
There are Bills fans here? They come out from under their 25 year old rocks after one good year finally.

Offense has to have chunk plays which requires actual playmakers on offense which we have been deficient in. Defense has to be designed to cause turnovers and create pressure. We have addressed some of these deficiencies so if Tua steps up this year it should become a more competitive rivalry.

I know it’s wrong. BUT i LOVE when QBs get crush like that. You’re a damn QB stay behind the LOS. You have no business scrambling like your a RB. When you do, IMO, it’s okay for defense players to light you up.

Didnt Allen get knocked out doing some crap like that too?

I don’t recall Allen getting hit like THAT. But perhaps he did.

Actually, I thought Kiki got a bad rap for that hit on Flacco. Because he was in a no win situation.

It was 3 and 10 and he doesn’t know whether Flacco is going to slide (and come up short of the 1st down) or whether he’s going to sell out and dive head first to try to get the 1st down.

They are both running full speed toward each other and the defender has to make a split second decision. If he guesses wrong and lets up, he’s given up the 1st down.

It’s just one of the many advantages the offensive player, specifically the QB, has over the defense to keep them from playing as aggressively as they’d like to.

IMO it’s one of the reasons “running” QB’s have become much more valuable and en vogue in today’s game.

Historically guys that used their feet too much didn’t have a place in the NFL because, inevitably, they’d get hurt. But because of the protection rules, like the QB slide, it’s drastically lowered that risk.

I get that it’s not good for the game for QB’s to be injured. But I also don’t believe it’s good for the game to have one position be so powerful and impactful. QB had been the most impactful position for a long time, but now they‘ve made it ridiculously impactful. Too much so. If football was a game of chess, the QB would be the Queen on very powerful steroids.

Because of that, I’d love to see them remove QB protection once the player passes the LOS. If a QB chooses to do that, he should be treated like every other runner on the field. None of that BS slide crap should be permitted. You don’t want to risk getting hit, stay behind the LOS where it’s ”safer”.

Level the playing field. Give the defense a bit more chance.

Last edited:
Step one: and most critically, actually make the playoffs. Who cares if we beat Josh Allen in October if the Dolphins are sitting home in January.
The best way to make the playoffs is to score more points than the other team. Seems simple to say but scoring differential over the course of a season is a great indicator of which teams are overrated and underrated. Think back to when Gase went 10-6 but the team was underwater in point differential. We weren’t a very good team and regressed the next year.
Best way to score more points than the other team is to build an elite offense. Don’t try to build a matchup based team based on one team in our division. We play them 2x next year we play the rest of the league 15x. Buffalo and KC laying out the blue print. Elite offenses and quarterbacks put you in a position to compete every week. There will be bumps and hiccups along the way. But when we went up 2 scores against KC did anyone doubt Mahomes ability to lead a comeback?
If you want to compete at a high level year in and year out have an elite quarterback and surround him with talent. Stephon Diggs helping Buffalo win more games than any linebacker ever would.

Bills fans are funny, but they sure left out of here in a hurry after that shellacking they took from Kansas City. The Buffa0fers
We’re winning the super bowl this year , with a pass rush now and healthy Wr we’re going to blow K.C out this year

I keep seeing that you guys think you have a elite secondary and we torched you guys both games .The only guy who is good is Howard , everyone else sucks .

That helps but is not enough. You need to be able to score points against the Bills.

It didn't help there was no run game and no recievers could get separation. On paper, that appears to have changed.

I think Allen is good and improving........but as you mentioned Diggs.....I think Diggs helped Allen get better in 2020 and there is clearly a chemistry there. Taking Diggs away is an important part of playing Buffalo along with the pass rush and not allowing Allen out of the pocket
If his 2020 season is par for the course for Allen, Buffalo could win some titles. It's a tough opponent.

But, we haven't seen the best from Tua yet. There's a lot of upside up and down Miami's roster.

Below is what Jerome Baker should have done. Do it once to Josh Allen and he won’t be so comfortable going forward.

Honestly, one of the big advantages offensive players of today benefit from in today’s game that player’s from yesteryear didn’t is not expecting to get laid out.

I know it happens from time to time, but, on the whole, receivers run all over the field with impunity because they know defenders aren’t supposed to hit them. QB’s expect the same.

So they play with more confidence than ever before. And also benefit from a host of other offensive friendly rules. It’s no shock all the modern players are taking over the record book.

You get two skilled quarterbacks and the ball rarely hits the ground. Quarterbacks also get rid of the ball faster than ever.

But, yes it makes sense to let the quarterback know you are there. Even Tom Brady looks like a different quarterback when he takes a hit early. I always thought that was one of the keys to beating New England.

We’re winning the super bowl this year , with a pass rush now and healthy Wr we’re going to blow K.C out this year
Pretty funny and you call us delusional. Time for you to go troll elsewhere.

Pretty funny and you call us delusional. Time for you to go troll elsewhere.
I’m not trolling we were one game away from the super bowl , as I stated before you guys are definitely a playoff team but your not on our level yet .

Back
Top Bottom