What will happen? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What will happen?

Im not sure why this is so important to you, but I have an alternative theory.

Dont score, and we wont be forced to bomb the living **** out of your defense.

Both guys will have mediocre games.
So now asking a question about schemes is apparently me having an agenda and it’s important to me. Good lord some of yall

Keep in mind, you need to run certain plays to keep teams honest. It helps to set up the next play or 2. If we abandoned the run entirely, then we arent keeping them honest. Maybe Hill or Waddle dont get open downfield....

Chess, rather than Checkers.
I do understand the logic behind it. And yes, I do think you've still got to run the ball once in a while. But what I didn't like was all of the passes behind the line of scrimmage that lost yardage... you're down by a lot, why are you going backwards? Down by 3 TDs, I knew it was over, there was no way Miami could come back. Then, when Tua hit Hill for a long TD, my first thought was "why didn't you do this earlier, why did you wait until you were down by 21 points?" IMO, they should try to be the team that's ahead by 3 TDs and not the team that's behind. I think it would be easier to hold a lead than to hope for another miracle every game; that's why I thought they were too conservative.

Fair question...and I'm too high to give a decent answer. All I can say is, if our line holds up like they did in the 2nd half today, and the receivers don't drop 5 or 6 passes and leave Tua hanging for 2 INTs, they should be just fine. Still a ways to go for this offense...it's a very young system for most of these players (many of which weren't even on the team last year).

I don't expect it to look like a smooth-running machine for another 4 or 5 games, personally, but this game could cause an epidemic of confidence around the team...wouldn't mind seeing them move that timeline up a bit.

All teams have games when they get shut down...elite or not. The good ones put it to the side and keep on their winning ways.
Would rather be high than drunk, but here I am drinking wine...

Great answer though. We will face adversity, it's just a matter of how we respond as a unit.

There really is no way to stop them both.. on the last play of the game they literally double teamed Hill. Tua saw that immediately (you can follow his head to the right and he quickly said noooope) and hit Waddle one on one..

It's rare to find a CB with elite speed, it's even more rare to find a CB with elite cover skills... Finding both in one corner is once-in-a-generation type talent. They dont many of those

Even X, has amazing as he is.. got outrun by LJ

Add that to us having two guys with elite speed and route running/catching abilities, and that's a recipe for disaster.. if you double both (safety over top) that leaves Gesicki on either a nickel or a linebacker 1 v 1. I like my odds

If that's covered, you've got Edmonds/Mostert against a LB.. I like my odds. If this was Gaskin, no offense to him, but I'd say he's not much of an advantage.
Can't believe I'm defending Gaskin but...that guy has made some huge plays in the passing game before. He's a far better pass catcher than runner. Yeah, he isn't brutally fast or even elusive, but he somehow finds the space to get downfield on catches.

I just don't want to see this guy as a feature unless every other RB available is injured.

As friggin awesome and insane as todays thrilling victory was… one question has been on my mind since the end of the game…

I’ve posted in 3 other threads that Im here to eat my crow this week about Tua and I believe I’ve done so. Please don’t bring that into this thread bc that’s not what this is about.

Im curious to hear others opinions on this. My question is… what will happen when we face someone who really locks down Hill and Waddle. It may be the next game the last game or somewhere in between but at least once this year we will face an opponent that really holds us down and the questions will begin. They will say “such and such just provided the blueprint for stopping the Dolphins offense”.

So I guess what I’m getting at is… when that happens (and it will happen) will MM be able to adjust and get creative and come up with new twists and wrinkles to beat the defense that gives us the most problems.

Just like how the convo has been about Lamar struggling against our cover 0… when someone really slows us down will MM and the rest of the staff be able to effectively adjust and keep Waddle and Hill free?

If you were the opposing defensive coordinator about to face us… what scheme would you deploy to try and stop our offense?
It’s not possible to lock down either of them if they are healthy - being at the game vs what you on TV revealed that Hill was open A LOT down field….Tua is throwing behind or high creating a limitation on YAC - Hill and Waddle are amazing - Tua is not really in their league yet - if he can improve - which I think he will - you will see a real contender….I’m still a big SKylar Thompson fan - Tua is better then Thompson now bc he understands defenses at much higher level - but Thompson has more natural and raw skills then Tua and a lot of guys around the league….I believe he will get a chance at some point and when he does people will want him there for good - just my opinion…

As friggin awesome and insane as todays thrilling victory was… one question has been on my mind since the end of the game…

I’ve posted in 3 other threads that Im here to eat my crow this week about Tua and I believe I’ve done so. Please don’t bring that into this thread bc that’s not what this is about.

Im curious to hear others opinions on this. My question is… what will happen when we face someone who really locks down Hill and Waddle. It may be the next game the last game or somewhere in between but at least once this year we will face an opponent that really holds us down and the questions will begin. They will say “such and such just provided the blueprint for stopping the Dolphins offense”.

So I guess what I’m getting at is… when that happens (and it will happen) will MM be able to adjust and get creative and come up with new twists and wrinkles to beat the defense that gives us the most problems.

Just like how the convo has been about Lamar struggling against our cover 0… when someone really slows us down will MM and the rest of the staff be able to effectively adjust and keep Waddle and Hill free?

If you were the opposing defensive coordinator about to face us… what scheme would you deploy to try and stop our offense?
That would be our second team in practice - LOL

It’s not possible to lock down either of them if they are healthy - being at the game vs what you on TV revealed that Hill was open A LOT down field….Tua is throwing behind or high creating a limitation on YAC - Hill and Waddle are amazing - Tua is not really in their league yet - if he can improve - which I think he will - you will see a real contender….I’m still a big SKylar Thompson fan - Tua is better then Thompson now bc he understands defenses at much higher level - but Thompson has more natural and raw skills then Tua and a lot of guys around the league….I believe he will get a chance at some point and when he does people will want him there for good - just my opinion…
Fair answer.

Idk if I’d go as far about Thompson but I agree with your premise of Tua 100% although today is probably not the best day you could pick to say that about Tua considering he played the game of his life today.

Other than that though I agree with you.

Ummm, bro, are you feeling alright? Where in the wide world of sports did you see me say any of that?
Nah the agenda part was said to me earlier in the thread and then you asked why was this so important?

I’m saying I didn’t know asking an honest question had to be important or I can’t ask it.

Point is I was just curious what the true knowledgeable football guys would do in terms of scheme.

So now asking a question about schemes is apparently me having an agenda and it’s important to me. Good lord some of yall
I think the consensus is that your premise is flawed on its face, because very few, if any, teams have the defensive backs to deal with that kind of speed from our dynamic duo. It isn't a matter of scheme. The way to beat us is mano a mano pressure up front. That's not to say that we can't beat ourselves on any given Sunday. That happens to every team in history, save the 72' team.

Watching in person and not TV you might have missed that Tua was pretty much elite today at getting the ball to Hill and Waddle to facilitate catch and runs. Not see how anyone could have watched the game and come away with anything different, but it may have appeared different in person on TV where it was very clear how the balls were coming in and what it enabled the receivers to do.

If somebody wants to nitpick and say Tua's deep balls are underthrown, even though they were both TD's, whatever. But I just haven't seen many QB's deliver the ball in such a way that players can effortlessly go upfield.

All fair answers but for some are coming off like they think we can’t be stopped. Y’all at some point… every great offense has been shut down.

The Oilers air raid back in the day was stopped… air coryell was stopped… the greatest show on turf was stopped… the 07 Pats were stopped… the recent KC teams were stopped and so on and so on.

At some point somebody is going to shut us down even if all the weapons are healthy.

How will we respond when this happens?
Change our game plan like we did today.
So did four other teams.
I'm surprised you did not notice that - LOL

Back
Top Bottom