What will happen? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What will happen?

It’s not crazy at all considering we’re 2 weeks in and both of them in the same game just topped 170 yards which would have been the most for any WR for week 1 or 2. So no it’s not that unfathomable.

Regardless of what any of y’all think… somebody will deploy a scheme that slows us down.

I guess I should have realized half the board has no idea how to speak schematically. That’s not a shot at you particularly more so for the arrogant pricks that thinks bc we threw up 42 on Baltimore that were somehow now literally unstoppable.

This is the NFL. It’s literally defensive coordinators jobs to figure how to stop us and at some point somebody will.
Im not sure why this is so important to you, but I have an alternative theory.

Dont score, and we wont be forced to bomb the living **** out of your defense.

Both guys will have mediocre games.

There really is no way to stop them both.. on the last play of the game they literally double teamed Hill. Tua saw that immediately (you can follow his head to the right and he quickly said noooope) and hit Waddle one on one..

It's rare to find a CB with elite speed, it's even more rare to find a CB with elite cover skills... Finding both in one corner is once-in-a-generation type talent. They dont many of those

Even X, has amazing as he is.. got outrun by LJ

Add that to us having two guys with elite speed and route running/catching abilities, and that's a recipe for disaster.. if you double both (safety over top) that leaves Gesicki on either a nickel or a linebacker 1 v 1. I like my odds

If that's covered, you've got Edmonds/Mostert against a LB.. I like my odds. If this was Gaskin, no offense to him, but I'd say he's not much of an advantage.

Did you want Wilson taking catches form Waddle and Hill today? He’s disappointing? WTF? two WRs had historic ****ing game today, but Wilson is disappointing?
Come on man, Tua should have gone for 550, so Wilson could get some catches.

As friggin awesome and insane as todays thrilling victory was… one question has been on my mind since the end of the game…

I’ve posted in 3 other threads that Im here to eat my crow this week about Tua and I believe I’ve done so. Please don’t bring that into this thread bc that’s not what this is about.

Im curious to hear others opinions on this. My question is… what will happen when we face someone who really locks down Hill and Waddle. It may be the next game the last game or somewhere in between but at least once this year we will face an opponent that really holds us down and the questions will begin. They will say “such and such just provided the blueprint for stopping the Dolphins offense”.

So I guess what I’m getting at is… when that happens (and it will happen) will MM be able to adjust and get creative and come up with new twists and wrinkles to beat the defense that gives us the most problems.

Just like how the convo has been about Lamar struggling against our cover 0… when someone really slows us down will MM and the rest of the staff be able to effectively adjust and keep Waddle and Hill free?

If you were the opposing defensive coordinator about to face us… what scheme would you deploy to try and stop our offense?
I don't necessarily think you CAN shut down Hill and Waddle both. Both players are the type that take 2-3 defenders to shut down. Certainly when you can you run the offense through your playmakers. What makes Hill and Waddle special and different from other receivers - especially with an accurate QB like Tua - is that they are a danger on any play to take a short pass for a long gain, or bust it deep. The variety of range you have to cover with them is mind boggling.

But, to a certain extent, the Patriots did a pretty good job of minimizing them, by doing the only thing you can do - attack the QB and the offensive line. Make it tough for the QB to get the ball off. Force the QB to rush throws. That's resulted in a few mistakes from Tua already. If you can dominate the LOS you can crowd the short field to minimize damage and take away the outlets. But if that doesn't get home, Tua and co. have just put on tape what they're capable of doing.

If somehow a team is covering both Waddle and Hill, you be sensible and go other places with the ball. We have been spreading the ball a fair amount when our normal offense is playing (and not the 4th quarter passing bonanza). FB has been getting the ball, Wilson and Sherfield have gotten some plays, Gesicki got some some looks, backs are getting the ball. We've just begun to get our full offense going.

I don't necessarily think you CAN shut down Hill and Waddle both. Both players are the type that take 2-3 defenders to shut down. Certainly when you can you run the offense through your playmakers. What makes Hill and Waddle special and different from other receivers - especially with an accurate QB like Tua - is that they are a danger on any play to take a short pass for a long gain, or bust it deep. The variety of range you have to cover with them is mind boggling.

But, to a certain extent, the Patriots did a pretty good job of minimizing them, by doing the only thing you can do - attack the QB and the offensive line. Make it tough for the QB to get the ball off. Force the QB to rush throws. That's resulted in a few mistakes from Tua already. If you can dominate the LOS you can crowd the short field to minimize damage and take away the outlets. But if that doesn't get home, Tua and co. have just put on tape what they're capable of doing.

If somehow a team is covering both Waddle and Hill, you be sensible and go other places with the ball. We have been spreading the ball a fair amount when our normal offense is playing (and not the 4th quarter passing bonanza). FB has been getting the ball, Wilson and Sherfield have gotten some plays, Gesicki got some some looks, backs are getting the ball. We've just begun to get our full offense going.
Very fair answer and more of the type of answer I expected.

Not the whole well the 2 WRs are just to fast to stop nonsense

97fb7546-8a45-4e8e-a019-0744d0ab8cc1_text.gif

Yep you did. The answer of the average fan. If I wanted 75% of these answers I could have just asked my 11 year old and gotten the same response as some of you.

Daddy Hill and Waddle are just to fast to stop. Got it
1663552869719.gif

There really is no way to stop them both.. on the last play of the game they literally double teamed Hill. Tua saw that immediately (you can follow his head to the right and he quickly said noooope) and hit Waddle one on one..

One thing even elite CBs cant beat is elite speed and we have two guys.. if you double both (safety over top) that leaves Gesicki on either a nickel or a linebacker 1 v 1. I like my odds

If that's covered, you've got Edmonds/Mostert against a LB.. I like my odds. If this was Gaskin, no offense to him, but I'd say he's not much of an advantage.
Another very fair answer

Im not sure why this is so important to you, but I have an alternative theory.

Dont score, and we wont be forced to bomb the living **** out of your defense.

Both guys will have mediocre games.
Excellent...........

I gave him the same answer in a shorter answer and that we have other weapons blah blah
He still doesn’t understand
He just wants posters to write him a 2000 word essay

I think Buffalo will scheme up a much better defense. It seemed like the Ravens were playing prevent defense in terms of pressure, but without any of the prevent.

Back
Top Bottom