when people talk about marino...... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

when people talk about marino......

Boik14 said:
People who use the ring excuse are idiots. It takes a team to win a title especially in football. Dan Marino did not play defense, he did not play running back. He was, in large part the main reason for our reason for success not a reason for our failures.

No one said it better than this quote i picked up (forget where i found it): "You can talk about championships all you want, but if you were playing football against Satan, down by four points with two minutes left in the game, and your immortal soul was on the line, there's only one person you'd want quarterbacking your team, and that's Daniel Constantine Marino."

The end :)

THAT'S A GREAT QUOTE!
:D

Boone said:
Marino rewrote the NFL record books! He's lead or is still currently leading almost every known passing record in NFL history!

Read my signature!

I always loved the fact that Dan has 420 career TD passes. Rumor has it, that's why Ricky wanted to be traded to the Dolphins. :goof:

MarinoEqualsGod said:
I always loved the fact that Dan has 420 career TD passes. Rumor has it, that's why Ricky wanted to be traded to the Dolphins. :goof:
you sure it wasn't because the weed in Miami is awsome..... I heard :couch:

Justasportsfan said:
Frank Riech is 1/1 = 100% in the greatest comeback game ever :lol:

C'mon, you've gotta know that that comeback should never have happened. Beebe was OUT OF BOUNDS and came back in to catch a TD. They cheated for that win. :cooldude:

Justasportsfan said:
you sure it wasn't because the weed in Miami is awsome..... I heard :couch:

Same difference. Ricky smokes that awesome Miami weed at 420 :lol:

MarinoEqualsGod said:
C'mon, you've gotta know that that comeback should never have happened. Beebe was OUT OF BOUNDS and came back in to catch a TD. They cheated for that win. :cooldude:
yeah. the refs cheated :D.

Justasportsfan said:
yeah. the refs cheated :D.

I'm glad you're finally beginning to see the light. BTW, if Houston wins that game, Miami is playing in the Super Bowl against Washington. :yell: :mad:

rickysux said:
I was at work today and me and the guys were talking about the greatest players ever in each sport and we got to talking about da man marino and it just ticked me off because everyone was saying ahh if he had won the big game he would be the best qb ever.but they also in the same conversation said barry bonds(no ring yet) was the best and they even metioned karl malone(no ring) as being the best power foward ever why does having a ring in football make you one of the best but not in other sports?winning a ring is a team award not a individual award! marino= greatest qb ever ring or no ring

In his career he had 3 AFC Championship games (all at home). He only won 1. And in the one he won......they got blown out in the Super Bowl.

In the biggest of games (Conference championships and Super Bowl) Marino fell short. Very short!

Doesn't mean he isnt' great. Just not the best. Top 5...Top 10..ok. #1, nope!

rickysux said:
I was at work today and me and the guys were talking about the greatest players ever in each sport and we got to talking about da man marino and it just ticked me off because everyone was saying ahh if he had won the big game he would be the best qb ever.but they also in the same conversation said barry bonds(no ring yet) was the best and they even metioned karl malone(no ring) as being the best power foward ever why does having a ring in football make you one of the best but not in other sports?winning a ring is a team award not a individual award! marino= greatest qb ever ring or no ring

Dude, its the same idiots that try to say Montana was the best, but the true engineer of the 9'ers in that day and age, was Bill Walsh, PERIOD! Ever highlight you will ever see is Rice strolling. Is Rice great, sure, but my god, he is strolling on all those catches. The West Coast ate teams up....

The only QB I would consider even on the same plain as Marino, is Elway. But, remember, Elway went to the show plenty of times, but until Terrell Davis, he was winless in the big one. But, that was Shanny once again. it takes an inventive and genius coach to get the team over the top, but I wont take anything away from Elway, or Montana, or Marino, maybe Peyton, if he holds it together.

But, then we got us a Tom brady, a Montana esque type of guy. Nothing special, but in the right situation at the right time.

I dont think Marino ever had to be taught how to put the ball where it needed to be. He had it naturally, he understood the game, and what his receivers were capable of. He was a very smart QB, and had one hell of a quick release, no wind up. Probably the fastest to ever play the game. And when you put that together with intuition; one hell of a deadly combo. the number speak for themselves. He was one of the most consistent passers, season after season. And he did it with more then just the Marx borthers!!!! I get tired of that comment too. duper and clayton weren't there his whole tenure.

Simply on QB principles, he was the best. Elway second. Peyton third (if he starts to have consistency. He can get riled, and lose his cool. If he matures into being consistent, he will be up there also. Marino and Elway, would eat you alive, never got riled (let the foes into their head).

Before someone throws that horrible JAX game up, in the playoffs, I want to know where Marinos three and four wide sets were at? Just like when he got replaced against Dalls by damon Huard. Hum, Marino, prosets all game long. Then Huard comes in, three, four and even five wides. Sounds like a set-up. FAQ JJ, I was his biggest supporter, until i saw him destroy a legend. Sure, Marino is good enough to get him his wins, to keep the fans off his back, until he builds his D. Then, its "lets play it close", marino keeps on passing, so JJ takes away all his tools. Marino tanked it, I loved it! FAQ JJ!!!

I wish Marino would have went to Minnesota. Passing to Randy and Chris, that would of been sweet to watch. I almost bet Minnesota would of won it all. That D was killer, and Marino would of put them over the top. Shame Shame shame, Dan wouldnt do what was right, just so people would shut up about "wheres his rings".

ah well, he's the best. ring or no ring.

rickysux said:

Yo Bro your wasting your breath. Believe me when I tell you this because I have been in similar conversations and people are either ignorant and just see the ring as a sign of greatness. In a lot of cases it's true but in most it's not. Take Dano for instance no ring no respect. I think football is the biggest sport for that aguement. All I can say and have used as ammo is let's trade places put Montana in Miami and Danno in San Fran what do you think the outcome would have been? Would Montana have had the same results as Dan did in Miami? What would Danno accomplished with all that talent around him in San Fran? Your beating a dead horse. I fell your pain. I hear how much of a great QB McNabb is and will be he'll be a better QB than Marino. I argue all the time but, get nowhere. You know what I don't care I know Marino is one of the best if not the best QB of all time. It's a shame he walked away from this game without that ring he so much deserved. To be honest I wished he a times left Miami for a SB contender and would have one it. Because at the time Shula was at the end of his career and Olividoti was a dope who couldn't put a D together better than 20 if you gave it to him. After that year he went to the SB it was all down hill.

FISHFAN44 said:
Yo Bro your wasting your breath. Believe me when I tell you this because I have been in similar conversations and people are either ignorant and just see the ring as a sign of greatness. In a lot of cases it's true but in most it's not. Take Dano for instance no ring no respect. I think football is the biggest sport for that aguement. All I can say and have used as ammo is let's trade places put Montana in Miami and Danno in San Fran what do you think the outcome would have been? Would Montana have had the same results as Dan did in Miami? What would Danno accomplished with all that talent around him in San Fran? Your beating a dead horse. I fell your pain. I hear how much of a great QB McNabb is and will be he'll be a better QB than Marino. I argue all the time but, get nowhere. You know what I don't care I know Marino is one of the best if not the best QB of all time. It's a shame he walked away from this game without that ring he so much deserved. To be honest I wished he a times left Miami for a SB contender and would have one it. Because at the time Shula was at the end of his career and Olividoti was a dope who couldn't put a D together better than 20 if you gave it to him. After that year he went to the SB it was all down hill.[/QUOTE]

:eek: It was all downhill after Marino's second season? :eek:

FISHFAN44 said:
Yo Bro your wasting your breath. Believe me when I tell you this because I have been in similar conversations and people are either ignorant and just see the ring as a sign of greatness. In a lot of cases it's true but in most it's not. Take Dano for instance no ring no respect. I think football is the biggest sport for that aguement. All I can say and have used as ammo is let's trade places put Montana in Miami and Danno in San Fran what do you think the outcome would have been? Would Montana have had the same results as Dan did in Miami? What would Danno accomplished with all that talent around him in San Fran? Your beating a dead horse. I fell your pain. I hear how much of a great QB McNabb is and will be he'll be a better QB than Marino. I argue all the time but, get nowhere. You know what I don't care I know Marino is one of the best if not the best QB of all time. It's a shame he walked away from this game without that ring he so much deserved. To be honest I wished he a times left Miami for a SB contender and would have one it. Because at the time Shula was at the end of his career and Olividoti was a dope who couldn't put a D together better than 20 if you gave it to him. After that year he went to the SB it was all down hill.

You got to be kidding me, McNabb? I thought I heard it all, but that is just ridiculous..... And that aont no lie, Olividoti was a geenus (not a genius). He would open that D up with the prevent, wider then a 10$ whore. I agree, I would of loved to have saw Dan head to Minnesota and play with Chris Carter, Randy Moss, and Robert Smith. That would of been fun to watch a guy, who everyone thought was washed up, inevitably go to the playoffs, and possibly the SB, and have a shot at his ring. The Vikes D was a great, and Dan must not have had the heart, he let is slip on by. Denny probably told him he would have to compete for the starting job, and he wanted it handed to him, but my god, they didnt have a QB for sheet up there. he was Aqua and Orange, and when weighing it, he just retired. But, what was it, like two or three years later, at Giants Stadium, when we were playing the Jets, I saw him in the wind tunnel, and he had a sheet eating grin on his face when we were getting handed our a$$ by the Jets. i think he felt a bit differently after the moment had passed. That was funny, watching Dan think, "what a joke of a HC". Classic. One of my best sports moments ever!

[b said:
After that year he went to the SB it was all down hill.[/[/b]QUOTE]

:eek: It was all downhill after Marino's second season? :eek:

Aren't we talking about the same thing.

LithoMan said:
You got to be kidding me, McNabb? I thought I heard it all, but that is just ridiculous.....

I wish I was kidding but, I am not. At least around here Marino was just another QB.

Back
Top Bottom