when people talk about marino...... | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

when people talk about marino......

Wagon Circler said:
You are still missing the point. The best qb of all time isn't measured by just stats. You can still be great and have glory, but you cannot be the best qb of all time without the hardware.

Enough. You tell me who you think is the best of all time then. Must either be Aikman, Bradshaw, even though he didnt get them to the bowls, or who? Montana/Brady? Elway? They got to have rings, dont forget now.

LithoMan said:
Enough. You tell me who you think is the best of all time then. Must either be Aikman, Bradshaw, even though he didnt get them to the bowls, or who? Montana/Brady? Elway? They got to have rings, dont forget now.
Best all around qb Montana.

Best passer ,Marino.

:up:

I'll always think it's just sad that the Dolphins front office couldn't put a better team on the field during Marino's time here.

Justasportsfan said:
Haha! Considered one of the toughest qb's ever and you call him a sissy. Don't let your hatred for the bills make you come up with stupid statements. :shakeno:

Nothing stupid about the truth. He was always hurt when it was convenient for him to be.
Personal story about Kelly: I used to work at a radio station in Charleston, SC. Jim Kelly, Thurmon Thomas, Phil Hanson and several other past and (at the time) present NFL players came to do a charity event to raise money for children. Well, we played a celebrity softball game. It was us(the radio station and affiliate TV station) against them. Well, Kelly had three at bats and he flew out once and grounded out twice. He practically threw a temper tantrum and made ridiculous excuses about his at bats and made a complete idiot out of himself in front of a lot of people. He was a jerk. The big topper was the way he treated the little kids that day and that night at the memorabilia auction we had. I disliked Kelly before then and really hated him after that day.
But none of this has anything to do with him playing hurt. But it shows what type of character he had. NONE.

By the way: Thurman Thomas was very cool. And man he had a good looking woman with him. Kelly was dating a news lady down there at the time. Her name was Nancy Humphries. She was later married to someone else and became Nancy O'Dell. She was the one on Access Hollywood.

SCall13 said:
Nothing stupid about the truth. He was always hurt when it was convenient for him to be.
Personal story about Kelly: I used to work at a radio station in Charleston, SC. Jim Kelly, Thurmon Thomas, Phil Hanson and several other past and (at the time) present NFL players came to do a charity event to raise money for children. Well, we played a celebrity softball game. It was us(the radio station and affiliate TV station) against them. Well, Kelly had three at bats and he flew out once and grounded out twice. He practically threw a temper tantrum and made ridiculous excuses about his at bats and made a complete idiot out of himself in front of a lot of people. He was a jerk. The big topper was the way he treated the little kids that day and that night at the memorabilia auction we had. I disliked Kelly before then and really hated him after that day.
But none of this has anything to do with him playing hurt. But it shows what type of character he had. NONE.

By the way: Thurman Thomas was very cool. And man he had a good looking woman with him. Kelly was dating a news lady down there at the time. Her name was Nancy Humphries. She was later married to someone else and became Nancy O'Dell. She was the one on Access Hollywood.

What a silly post. Even you said this has nothing to do with what you were talking about.

SCall13 said:
If you are going to attack his personality then I agree. He was a jerk, and so was Marino. :shakeno:

Justasportsfan said:
If you are going to attack his personality then I agree. He was a jerk, and so was Marino. :shakeno:

Yes I am attacking his character. And I agree that Marino is/was probably a jerk - to adults. But I doubt very seriously Marino would be a jerk to 7 and 8 year old kids.

Justasportsfan said:
Lead his team to a few sb wins.

Of course you had to throw in those Super Bowls. He was able to do that because of his supporting cast. Give me something that doesn't include the team of the 49ers winning Super Bowls.

I've been reading the back and forth about the greatest QUARTERBACK to ever play the game. The greatest QUARTERBACK to EVER play the game is Dan Marino, your theory of winning the "big game" to make or break a players' validity is unsubstantiated. Keeping in your theory, every team in the NFL falls short every year of being great, yes even the Superbowl winners. Since the Miami Dolphins are the only team in the history of the NFL to ever post a perfect season, everything else is subpar. The 49ers, Steelers, Patriots, Cowboys are not any better than the 0-4 Buffalo Bills. Now, keeping with your theory still, since Bob Griese played QB in the Superbowl, not Earl Morrall, technically, following your theory (and the NFL Network's along with everyone else of the "ring" to validate opinion) he, and he alone is the greatest QB ever.....according to your theory. Now as much as every Dolfan loved(s) Bob Griese he doesn't really compare to Marino. Hmmmm.... I think the ring for validation is suspect at best. Really since we are comparing success as the measurement for greatness....what is greater than perfection? You mention how a QB takes his team to the next level to win....well I remember a 51-45 loss to the Jets when Marino was at the helm, however, I don't remember him playing defense and giving up 51 points. His natural skill, and intelligence place him at the top of the QB position. Remember players are inducted into the Hall-of-Fame because of what THEY did, not what their teams successes/failures were.

Wagon Circler said:
What a silly post. Even you said this has nothing to do with what you were talking about.

How is it silly. I was just bringing up something about Kelly and the type of character he had. His character was that of a jerk and a quitter and he was full of excuses.

finnyboy002 said:
Of course you had to throw in those Super Bowls. He was able to do that because of his supporting cast. Give me something that doesn't include the team of the 49ers winning Super Bowls.

Qb's lead. Montana lead his team to many superbowl titles. He is the best qb of all time.

Back
Top Bottom