when people talk about marino...... | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

when people talk about marino......

SCall13 said:
Yes I am attacking his character. And I agree that Marino is/was probably a jerk - to adults. But I doubt very seriously Marino would be a jerk to 7 and 8 year old kids.
Excuse me, he was a no. show for a charity for kids for autism in So. Fla. when he confiremed . They were pissed at him to think his kid is autistic.

An it's not "probably" he definitely is a jerk and an even bigger a$$ when he starts drinking. Believe me I know. I worked at Shula's for years . I wouldn't be surprised if someone actually spat in his drink or on food. He's that big of an a$$.
Too bad because, The Shula's are the classiest people I've ever met.

Wagon Circler said:
Qb's lead. Montana lead his team to many superbowl titles. He is the best qb of all time.

Marino carried teams to the playoffs that, without him, would not have even came close to the playoffs. Montana was a product of a system. All the QBs after him were pro bowlers: Yooung, Grbac, Garcia. They all looked good. Marino would have kicked @ss in any system. Montana would have flopped in the one Marino was in. He just didn't have the physical skills to run the type of offense Marino ran. Montana WAS a system QB. He was good - not great.

Wagon Circler said:
Qb's lead. Montana lead his team to many superbowl titles. He is the best qb of all time.

Absolutely QB's lead, and since Dan Marino led his team to the Superbowl and a boat-load of seasons in the upper echelon on the NFL WITHOUT a running game and WITHOUT a defence that is more impressive to me than Montana with a stacked team winning Super Bowls. Marino on the 49ers wins as many if not more SB's than Montana.

Justasportsfan said:
Excuse me, he was a no. show for a charity for kids for autism in So. Fla. when he confiremed . They were pissed at him to think his kid is autistic.

An it's not "probably" he definitely is a jerk and an even bigger a$$ when he starts drinking. Believe me I know. I worked at Shula's for years . I wouldn't be surprised if someone actually spat in his drink or on food. He's that big of an a$$.
Too bad because, The Shula's are the classiest people I've ever met.

<YAWN>

Justasportsfan said:
You are bored with the subject (character issues) you brought up?

No, but it didn't take Kelly any drinks to be a jerk. He was a totally sober @sshole.
As far as Marino not showing up for something to do with Autism: well, I've never heard about it. Shame on him if he stood them up. But I would think something like that would have been widely known.

Justasportsfan said:
You are bored with the subject (character issues) you brought up?

I think what's being lost here is that Kelly and Marino are very good friends.

SCall13 said:
No, but it didn't take Kelly any drinks to be a jerk. He was a totally sober @sshole.
As far as Marino not showing up for something to do with Autism: well, I've never heard about it. Shame on him if he stood them up. But I would think something like that would have been widely known.

Read my post. He already is a jerk when he's sober. Of course you won't hear about it, you weren't local like I was then.

What's weird is that the Shula's are the classiest people on earth especially Don. He forgot to give marino tips on class.

SCall13 said:
Marino carried teams to the playoffs that, without him, would not have even came close to the playoffs. Montana was a product of a system. All the QBs after him were pro bowlers: Yooung, Grbac, Garcia. They all looked good. Marino would have kicked @ss in any system. Montana would have flopped in the one Marino was in. He just didn't have the physical skills to run the type of offense Marino ran. Montana WAS a system QB. He was good - not great.

What ifs don't determine great Qb's. Saying Montana wasn't great is clearly asinine.

If the situation was reversed and the dolphins won the titles under Marino, but Montana had better career stats would you consider Montana better than Marino? No.

finnyboy002 said:
hehe, maybe. I don't have your experiences but I don't think either Kelly or Marino are jerks.

Bottom line is, most professional athletes are jerks. I've met quite a few. Kelly really stood out as the jerk of all jerks THAT I MET. I have never MET Marino. But he did speak to me at a game when he came a played the Panthers here in Charlotte. I told him to "kick the Panthers butts" and he smiled and said, "we'll give it our best". Miami won 13-10. So my only experience talking to Dan was a good one.
Reggie White was a very pleasant, very down to earth man, by the way.

Wagon Circler said:
What ifs don't determine great Qb's. Saying Montana wasn't great is clearly asinine.

If the situation was reversed and the dolphins won the titles under Marino, but Montana had better career stats would you consider Montana better than Marino? No.

Depends on the circumstances. There are alot of variable that would have to go into making that determination.
Montana was on much better teams than Marino was. He always had a better supporting cast and always had a good defense to back up his offense. Marino NEVER had the luxory of a defense. And he never had a running game to speak of.

Wagon Circler said:

Montana was great. Marino was better. If Marino played on those 49er teams, do you think that those 49er teams would have won as many SB's or not? Give me your honest answer and if it's "no" please explain why you feel that way.

SCall13 said:

Exactly...Montana ran a system...but Marino WAS the system :cooldude:

Back
Top Bottom