• Terrace Marshall

• Rashod Bateman

• Dillon Radunz

• Christian Darrisaw

• Najee Harris

• Travis Etienne

• Javonte Williams

Results are only viewable after voting.
That's a plethora of supposedly, might, could, amd maybes brother.

I'm going with wishful thinking.

All these "house of cards" mocks collapse as soon as one or two teams deviate.

After that analogy I feel compelled to shamelessly say it's a domino effect, once we get past the top few picks. This year, our Dolphins could be poised to knock over the first domino, the consequences of which will reverberate through the first two rounds.....lol.

Too dramatic???

Been talking about Sewell then the draft starts, and he is the first guy taken lol. Then the jets end up drafting a kicker with the 2nd pick.

That's a plethora of supposedly, might, could, and maybes brother.

I'm going with wishful thinking.

All these "house of cards" mocks collapse as soon as one or two teams deviate.

After that analogy I feel compelled to shamelessly say it's a domino effect, once we get past the top few picks. This year, our Dolphins could be poised to knock over the first domino, the consequences of which will reverberate through the first two rounds.....lol.

Too dramatic???
I don't think there is any doubt where the uncertainty starts... it's at #3, and the enemy is us. Lawrence goes to the Jags, and the Jets will take a QB and move Darnold (or alternately, they keep Darnold and trade down and someone else takes the second QB here. Those that think Sewell will get taken by the team who took Bechton last year... are on crack).

Then we come up and absolutely no one knows what we'll do... good thing too, because even we don't know what we'll do... And that's when the fun begins, because we are the hinge point of the first round. The amount of trade offers that we'll get for this pick will be staggering... because THIS pick determines the entire first round.

We'll have Atlanta on one phone (because they are desperate for their choice at QB), and four other teams on various lines... all bidding against one another. In this scenario, if we take Sewell, it's because we are in absolute love with him... because Atlanta wants a QB and will give us something... just to move up and insure they get the one they want. We won't take a WR here, because if we trade with Atlanta... all of our options will still be on the board.

In my head... I see a 99% chance that we trade out of this pick... even if we are in love with Sewell or Chase/Smith.

I don't think there is any doubt where the uncertainty starts... it's at #3, and the enemy is us. Lawrence goes to the Jags, and the Jets will take a QB and move Darnold (or alternately, they keep Darnold and trade down and someone else takes the second QB here. Those that think Sewell will get taken by the team who took Bechton last year... are on crack).

Then we come up and absolutely no one knows what we'll do... good thing too, because even we don't know what we'll do... And that's when the fun begins, because we are the hinge point of the first round. The amount of trade offers that we'll get for this pick will be staggering... because THIS pick determines the entire first round.

We'll have Atlanta on one phone (because they are desperate for their choice at QB), and four other teams on various lines... all bidding against one another. In this scenario, if we take Sewell, it's because we are in absolute love with him... because Atlanta wants a QB and will give us something... just to move up and insure they get the one they want. We won't take a WR here, because if we trade with Atlanta... all of our options will still be on the board.

In my head... I see a 99% chance that we trade out of this pick... even if we are in love with Sewell or Chase/Smith.
If Grier doesn't see this and act on it, he should be fired, even though I said I wanted D. Smith @ 3. Disregard me, what do I know?

If Grier doesn't see this and act on it, he should be fired, even though I said I wanted D. Smith @ 3. Disregard me, what do I know?
Grier has been REALLY good at playing poker with the other GMs... both his trade with Houston and his ability to stare down the other owners and let Tua fall to him were masterful.

He'll play this game well. I'm guessing that he's already started playing... telling other GMs that there will be an auction for the pick, and that lowball offers will not be rejected, but openly mocked.

Sofia Vergara

Not sure why it's even a question. She'd probably break the pole .... poll.

If I were you, I would shoot off a strongly worded email to Chris right now, just to make sure he's aware of the situation. Couldn't hurt to Cc Flo as well.

I would do it myself, but Pat Rileys pushing me pretty hard for my Heat evals...........

Sofia Vergara

Not sure why it's even a question. She'd probably break the pole .... poll.
Had to look her up.....lol

Yeah, she's pretty hot.

I watched Modern Family years ago, but the name didn't register.

I think if we were to get JOK, he could replace Baker eventually

yeah the more I look at him tbe more I think that’s right. Not seeing much safety future versatility here. Weakside lb

not really what I’m looking for another undersized weakside guy

Picked Collins from that group, but truly want us to trade up using a 2022 pick.

im thinking Collins too can see the fit for us. I don’t like all that hopping as an off ball lb after the snap. Some will say that’s assignment play and yeah I’m sure some of it is that has him hopping in place but the other part of it is hesitation in reading the play/his keys. You hop like that post snap blockers will get to you and the ball will go by you. Still he’s a talent who needs to play with less hesitation at times and not just content to drop a token shoulder and call it a day. Maintain vision on tbe football.

that’s a fluid kid for 260.

only thing I have to pause on is does he really love football cause he almost quit the game. That could read like he’s playing for a paycheck and that’s a much bigger concern than being disciplined for hazing in a college lockerroom (which happens everywhere all the time and takes a whistleblower pretty much to even come out of the lockerroom..a whistleblower who filed a lawsuit I might add)

Last edited:
Change Pitts to Parsons, and I agree.
I have to be honest and admit I have only seen one Penn State game in the last two years. So all I really know about Parsons is what I read on here and a few articles I have read about him online.

Pitts on the other hand I have see multiple times and he is the type of receiver that can play TE or he can be used as a regular WR because of his speed and his route running.

While my choice would be Pitts over Parsons with the second pick in round one. If Grier and Flores decided to take Parsons in that scenario, I would accept that they felt he was the better players for the Dolphins.

I agree with what you are saying here. I have mentioned in a few other threads that if I am Grier, I am seeing if there is a chance I can make 2 trades and still stay in the top 9. If Atlanta really wants Wilson or Fields, they will be willing to move up to 3 to get them. Now we are sitting at 4. You could get a bidding war between Philly, Carolina, and Denver for that pick to get Lance.

yeah the more I look at him tbe more I think that’s right. Not seeing much safety future versatility here. Weakside lb

not really what I’m looking for another undersized weakside guy

This is why I've been saying I don't see the fit for Miami.

I agree with what you are saying here. I have mentioned in a few other threads that if I am Grier, I am seeing if there is a chance I can make 2 trades and still stay in the top 9. If Atlanta really wants Wilson or Fields, they will be willing to move up to 3 to get them. Now we are sitting at 4. You could get a bidding war between Philly, Carolina, and Denver for that pick to get Lance.
I think this is a very likely occurrence... and the entire group of "we gotta draft Devonte Smith at three... cuz he's sooooo good" crew are just missing the obvious here. Matt Ryan is aging and soon to be replaced and the Falcons are in sniffing distance of their new QB. They are going to be VERY intent on not being jumped for their choice. This isn't like last year where the Chargers didn't care which QB they got.

The Bama homers are just terrified that we'll go lower than that and miss their golden pony.

Back
Top Bottom