Who is your preferred choice @ #18 if we stay there, if available?! | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who is your preferred choice @ #18 if we stay there, if available?!

Who would you take @ #18 if available?

• Kadarius Toney

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Caleb Farley (is dropping some due to back surgery)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Are people OK with Harris being 23 years old? I didnt know he was that old. We know the shelf life of RBs isnt the best. Wouldnt it be better we address the position with one of our 2nd rounders?

23 years old is too old now? The heck!
Talent is talent and 23 isn't pushing 29 going on 30..come on!

23 years old is too old now? The heck!
Talent is talent and 23 isn't pushing 29 going on 30..come on!

I never said it was too old, but we are talking about over 700 touches (receiving and rushing) so in his career at Alabama. He has mileage on him, but Im fine with us taking him at 18. I wouldnt be opposed to going another route though, depending on who might have dropped. Some of the names available in the poll will most likely be gone when we pick

He could be good or he could suck.

It's a tossup between Harris, ETN, Williams and Carter...

...and people wonder why 3rd or 4th or 5th or 6th rounders often become great or the best RB's of a class or HOF players lmao
Fournette was the "can't miss" RB prospect of the 2017 draft. This year, the two best FA RB's Aaron Jones (5th) and Chris Carson (7th) were from that draft. Meanwhile Fournette finally found his way off the free agent market yesterday on a 1 year deal.

Maybe we shouldn't be so quick to anoint the three guys as the top as future stars. It is mostly a "churn em' and burn em' after 4 years" position. I don't understand how people are considering any of these guys as high as #18.

And you would be paying them 3.34 million per year, which would put them at number 20 in salary for RB's this season. So you get non of the financial benefit that you do when you hit on a player that plays a premium position. Having cheap rookie starters filling positions that normally cost you big money is huge.

(I'd have to at least consider the last argument as a negative regarding drafting Pitts at #6 if he was anything close to a traditional TE. WR in a TE body)

Last edited:
we have to draft a Center now, so maybe its Creed Humphrey at 18 just to be safe. Skura isnt much, so we definitely need one of the top guys. Maybe we trade our 18 back to 25 and get another 2nd rounder. But we definitely need that Center now,
We can get Dickerson in our 2nd pick of the second.

Kwitty Paye is a first round pick wether or not you believe so.
And someone will do it, if you say so, as a reach. There's no T.J. Watt or J.J. Watt or Bosa Brothers in this draft...there just isn't a dominant, can't miss DE that can rush consistently with low bust probability..will one go in the first round? Sure. But many will be there in the second, too!

And someone will do it, if you say so, as a reach. There's no T.J. Watt or J.J. Watt or Bosa Brothers in this draft...there just isn't a dominant, can't miss DE that can rush consistently with low bust probability..will one go in the first round? Sure. But many will be there in the second, too!
More than one will likely go in the first round due to it being a premium position. If there was a Bosa or JJ Watt available we would have stayed put at 3. TJ lasted until the mid 20's so lets not pretend he isn't top 5-10 in a redraft. Paye is a 270lb+ DE that can move, he's probably gone in the first 12-15 picks.

I mean you have Toney there at 18 whereas I wouldn't touch him until the 2nd round. I'm not sure why you laugh at other people's opinions consistently when you clearly have an affinity for Gators.

More than one will likely go in the first round due to it being a premium position. If there was a Bosa or JJ Watt available we would have stayed put at 3. TJ lasted until the mid 20's so lets not pretend he isn't top 5-10 in a redraft. Paye is a 270lb+ DE that can move, he's probably gone in the first 12-15 picks.

I mean you have Toney there at 18 whereas I wouldn't touch him until the 2nd round. I'm not sure why you laugh at other people's opinions consistently when you clearly have an affinity for Gators.
I never said I'd take Toney @ 18..I said depending who is available he may be BPA..I laugh all the time no matter if I disagree or agree, so don't take offense..people on here need to chill lol...None of these Edge Rushes are consistently rated as the best at their position..unlike others like QB has a pretty consensus #1 and and WR does, as well..TE for sure..CB is up for grabs but the point is..it's more projection than anything..people don't feel confident in DE's..you wanna take one in the first round go ahead..but I can get one as good @36 or later and as Boom/Bust and still be plenty happy and just as confident or not so confident..don't reach for a need..that's how you get inferior talent.

Prefer to trade down or get Surtain if we stay there. Trade X, get cap help and more first round picks
Here’s the prob tho:

X wants a bundle! $$$ that is...

does that make his value less?

Does a 17 game season up the salary cap?

His value is at its zenith right now so I think the front office is fielding calls...

take a 1 and 2 or even a 1 and 3. Tho I don’t think the dolphins will get that...I’d take 3 2nd rounders for him because you get the $ back from his salary and the $ could buy a player or two...5 players for 1 - he’ll yeah!!!!

I never said I'd take Toney @ 18..I said depending who is available he may be BPA..I laugh all the time no matter if I disagree or agree, so don't take offense..people on here need to chill lol...None of these Edge Rushes are consistently rated as the best at their position..unlike others like QB has a pretty consensus #1 and and WR does, as well..TE for sure..CB is up for grabs but the point is..it's more projection than anything..people don't feel confident in DE's..you wanna take one in the first round go ahead..but I can get one as good @36 or later and as Boom/Bust and still be plenty happy and just as confident or not so confident..don't reach for a need..that's how you get inferior talent.
Kwitty Paye is pretty consistently rated as the top edge talent aside from people who are in love with Rousseau's physical attributes. Is he a better fit for a 4-3 D? Quite possibly but that doesn't rule out selecting him and playing our D accordingly. I don't see any scenario where Toney is BPA at 18, maybe Rashod Bateman but not Toney.

Kwitty Paye is pretty consistently rated as the top edge talent aside from people who are in love with Rousseau's physical attributes. Is he a better fit for a 4-3 D? Quite possibly but that doesn't rule out selecting him and playing our D accordingly. I don't see any scenario where Toney is BPA at 18, maybe Rashod Bateman but not Toney.
Good for you. Paye isn't light years better than any other edge rusher in this draft. Just like many have Toney as the 4th or 5th best wideout in this draft..you can disagree all you want. That's your god given right as an American. So yeah, idgaff what you wanna do. Just do you bro, and I'll do me.

Paye has Charles Harris written all over him..another Michigan bust most likely!

Good for you. Paye isn't light years better than any other edge rusher in this draft. Just like many have Toney as the 4th or 5th best wideout in this draft..you can disagree all you want. That's your god given right as an American. So yeah, idgaff what you wanna do. Just do you bro, and I'll do me.
I'm not even American but it's still my right. Michigan has put several players in the pro football hall of fame, one is even considered the goat. Aside from Emmitt Smith which Gator is considered among the best of all time? I'm not a Michigan fan even though i've been to a game there which was pretty cool.

I love Harris as a player and won't be upset if we draft him but I really don't think investing first round picks in running backs is smart. I'm not saying you never do it, but it's a luxury pick. You certainly don't do it when your roster still needs a significant influx of talent into multiple units. As much as our front office has a fetish for Alabama prospects, I don't see us spending a first round pick on a running back this year. I think Flo will want to go one or two picks on defense within our top four selections. I suspect we draft a mid-round running back though.

I'm not even American but it's still my right. Michigan has put several players in the pro football hall of fame, one is even considered the goat. Aside from Emmitt Smith which Gator is considered among the best of all time? I'm not a Michigan fan even though i've been to a game there which was pretty cool.
Is this a bash Gators session? What does that have to do with the players this season?

And don't forget Jack Youngblood. Our other HOF.

Which Canadian college has a pro football HOF, anyway? LOL

Back
Top Bottom