Who is your preferred choice @ #18 if we stay there, if available?! | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who is your preferred choice @ #18 if we stay there, if available?!

Who would you take @ #18 if available?

• Kadarius Toney

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Caleb Farley (is dropping some due to back surgery)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
No. It depends who overall the best player available is. BPA. If it's a corner, take them. I just dont see an edge in this draft worth a first rounder when equally special edge talents will be there at 36 or 50
maybe not Edge but do you think a corner would be there that is SO much better than a WR at that spot? If if close then you take what you need instead of what you don't need.

My biggest point is..one of these so called "Great" pass rushers with boom/bust potential WILL Be there at #36 or maybe #50..just wait!
Could be. Miami really didn't address the pass rush in free agency so they are diving in somewhere.

Looking at that #18 pick, I was assuming Surtain, Horn, Paye, Slaton, Rousseau and Vera-Tucker were already picked.

If one of those players drops, you've got some interesting choices.

Collins is another who I think could be a great fit, but #18 might be a little high.

I'm assuming the Dolphins get a wide receiver at #6, but if they surprise and take Sewell or Parsons then Toney, Marshall and Bateman are in play.

If we take Surtain..do YOU think we have to trade X? Bad logic for those that say so, but like I said, all depends on his attitude/demeanor/contract demands!
This may be a minority take, but Surtain could possibly make a great safety. Also, Jones could move back to safety with Surtain at corner.

Assuming we take a WR at 6. Originally I was all in at drafting a RB (Najee preferably), but I will go with the least popular path and grab one of the top remaining offensive tackles. We need to finish this line once and for all. Protecting Tua while adding weapons should be our biggest priority. I wouldn't mind drafting Rashad Slater or Christian Darrisaw. If neither of them are there, I would trade down a few spots and grab Teven Jenkins, a mean @$$ offensive tackle who plays through the whistle. Jenkins is a DOG, check out on YouTube how he handled edge rusher Joseph Ossai for an entire game.
Jenkins sounds like the type of offensive lineman Flores would love.

If we got our WR with the first pick I'd go edge

Rousseau if he's still there. Phillips if he's not

Obviously Smith if he drops that low, which I doubt. Otherwise I would take one of those overrated edge rushers because I think the top rated edge rushers are better than the OP gives them credit for.

What if all those guys are gone by 36? Look at the bottom of that first round. I’d cringe to see Buffalo take one of them but they could. All 3 likely gone by 36.
I'll take trey sermon in the 3rd

I gotta think Flores will go D with one of the first 3 picks, just a gut but he loves his D and he certainly hasn't disappointed

Obviously Smith if he drops that low, which I doubt. Otherwise I would take one of those overrated edge rushers because I think the top rated edge rushers are better than the OP gives them credit for.

The Fins over the last few years have put a high value on pass rushers which can be a boom or bust type thing. See Harris and Dion Jordan as examples of busts
No reason to think they wont do the same this draft
After 2 busts we are do a boom :shrug:

Don't reach at 18 Flo..unless it's Parsons or one of those stud Corners.. I don't want an edge rusher when a similar one will be there @ 37

Clearly if a Parsons or Surtain makes it #18 then you have to do it. I seriously doubt either of those talents are there.
But the corner would have to be a serious talent for us to use ANOTHER high pick on that position.

I'd be lying if i didn't say Igbo concerns me. I get that he was a rookie and the truncated offseason. But i don't like the way he moves(seemed stiff), don't like his agility(seemed stiff) and hate that top end speed(seems slow relatively). I love corners that look fluid and show burst.

Are people OK with Harris being 23 years old? I didnt know he was that old. We know the shelf life of RBs isnt the best. Wouldnt it be better we address the position with one of our 2nd rounders?

Back
Top Bottom