Who was John Avery? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who was John Avery?

jlfin said:
Ridiculous hindsight analysis. Green was not brittle in college. He was a a 6' 3" WR with 4.3 speed.
In his first practice he was reacting to an underthrown ball when he planted his leg and it got stuck in the turf. It blew his knee out. The injury was so severe that they had to use a cadaveric graft to repair one of the ligaments. It apparently never healed properly, and the next year that same ligament tore again. Just plain bad luck. Nothing more, nothing less.
Avery, on the other hand was an asinine pick on JJ's part. JJ thought he was getting the second coming of Warrick Dunn.

also... yatil had injured himself in college and i remember his pre draft warned of possible injuy prone...

the thing about avery... was that we traded down and used the extra pick to get surtain or somebody like that ... then we got avery at the last pick of the first round.. i think he ran like a 4.3 40... but i remember him playing and that dude was affraid to get hit...

HelloMotto said:
have you been living in a bomb shelter for the last 10 years? The internet will get you up to date in days.

Living in Browns country has you hateful dude. Layoff the kid this is the dolphins fan website. What better place to get the info hes asking. Take a zoloft or something...........:shakeno:

HelloMotto said:
have you been living in a bomb shelter for the last 10 years? The internet will get you up to date in days.

Have you been posting by telegraph? This is the Internet and THE Dolphins board on it. I guess you were born knowing what you do now. Cut Tak some break bro.

LarryFinFan said:
Green was not injured a lot in college...I don't know where you folks are getting this. He did have some nicks and bumps like all players do, but never any serious injuries. It was not a bad pick, it was bad luck that he got hurt so severely in his first TC and then the surgical repair didn't hold and he tore the same one again...He never really regained anything after that...he was very fast and very productive at UM...

The big thing about JJ drafting him was that he was from UM. Prior to that, Shues never seemed to draft any UM folks even tho all the local fans wanted him too.

As for Avery, he was a fast scat back type but could never break the lineup here. I think he was traded to Denver after his second year and then cut by them...He was the classic Wanny/JJ first round pick...
i think denver wanted him as a wide reciever

TAK said:
We drafted him with our first pick in 1998 and we only had him on our team for a year then he disappeared. Did he get injured or something or did we pick another bust?

EDIT: Also who was Yatil Green?

(I am looking over our past draft picks)

both are now pumping gas at your local amoco..tips are appreciated

Speaking of Carruth (howeveryouspellit) anyone read the ESPN article on Cesil Collins. That cat is in jail til 2012 or something like that. What an idiot, climbing into his someones window, I think his neighbors no less. Man we had some potential monsters at running back Him, Lawrence Phillips these cats TRULEY threw it all away.

Our first round bust Avery was traded to Denver for thier first round bust WR Marcus Nash.

GoonBoss said:
Yeah, that Yatil Green deal sucked. I was really looking forward to seeing him play with Marino. Just goes to show, you never know when you're going to blow somthing out, or whatever.

Avery was a reach for JJ. My personal opinion is that it was a JJ ego pick. Avery should've never been drafted that high. Seems I do remember one draft publication saying that Avery could've been the steal of the draft that year....*heh*..

He was fast, which was a rarity among our RBs at the time. That was a dark era for Dolphin RBs. It wasn't too long prior to that year when our leading backs were named "Irving" and, "Bernie". That's never a good sign.

Even though he was not a perenial "starter', Parmale was one of my favorites! He played with more heart than anyone else out there, and consistantly OVER acheived. I would compare him to Welker on today's roster, only Bernie did a lot more producing.

PhinsPhan said:
Green was a monster in college. Very Very Fast. He was brought in because the Dolphins were really looking for a receiver for Marino. I don't know how he got injured but yes, he never did recover from that.

John Avery was trash. This was yet another one of those JJ picks trying to find the answer to the phins lack of a running game. He now plays in the CFL and is a star. He was always very fast, he just had questionable everything else.

Green had injury problems at UM as well.

yea avery was a star in the cfl when he played for the eskimos few years back but now he plays for the argos, and always has knee problems. He keeps sayin ''you guys havnt seen the best of me'' he got a 4 year contract worth 1 million dolloars. Thats real good money in the cfl. Considering the cfl payrolls 3 million

wonderl33t said:
he is the class of the Carolina Panthers org.

Great sig pic. Classic Pette carroll, I have no idea how we blew that game after he msised that Extra Point.

enigmatics said:
"Mommy, where do you babies come from?"

Hopefully not from enigmatic turds! see avatar...........:fire:

go to the deep and waste your crap on Jills fans. Maybe you are a jills fan, hmmmmmmm.:boohoo:

fin1 said:
Hopefully not from enigmatic turds! see avatar...........:fire:

go to the deep and waste your crap on Jills fans. Maybe you are a jills fan, hmmmmmmm.:boohoo:

This kid is yanking your chain and you're trying to answer his questions. That's what's funny. I mean c'mon "Did Yatil Green get hit by one of those carts coaches drive around in"?????????????????? :shakeno:

Back
Top Bottom