Who was John Avery? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who was John Avery?

enigmatics said:
This kid is yanking your chain and you're trying to answer his questions. That's what's funny. I mean c'mon "Did Yatil Green get hit by one of those carts coaches drive around in"?????????????????? :shakeno:

Actually I didn't answer any of his questions. DA:fire:

The problem with John Avery were his "happy feet". He danced too much before hitting the hole. He was explosive in the open field, but the only time he was in the open field was on returns.

Yatil Green was a true talent. He had the size and ability of Michael Irvin, but faster. I was real happy with this pick... until the 1st day of TC.

eddie4fins said:
This says otherwise this is a comment made right after the draft.

"At the combine in Indianapolis, he ran a 4.4 in the 40, had a vertical jump of more than 40 inches and set a combine record in the broad jump with a jump of 10'10". He is 6'2 and 7/8 inches tall and weighs in at 200 pounds. He can outjump smaller defensive backs and still come down with the ball.
My Comments:
Clearly, I think that JJ is looking for a Michael Irvin type playmaker. The knock on Green has been that he has never played a full season without being injured and he has a history of problems with his hamstring and groin muscles. However, he has great speed, good hands and is a tremendous athlete."

Thank you. I knew exactly what I was talking about when I said Green was brittle. I stand by my comments. Lousy lousy lousy pick.

TAK said:
We drafted him with our first pick in 1998 and we only had him on our team for a year then he disappeared. Did he get injured or something or did we pick another bust?

EDIT: Also who was Yatil Green?

(I am looking over our past draft picks)
I'm not gonna read this whole thread but I'll tall you who they were....a couple of wasted draft picks!!

Ozzy rules!!

Avery and Green were both busts...but for different reasons....and to think that we passed on some receiver that turned out to be pretty good....I think his name is RANDY MOSS!!!! UGGGHHH!!!

On a Ray Lewis side note...my bro-in-law went to this past Super Bowl and saw Ray Lewis....He yelled out "Ray, you're a snitch!!!" He said that Ray turned around and looked at him and gave him a nasty smirk. I asked him, "Were you behind a fence or something?" to which he replied, "Yeah, you think I'm stupid or something....that dude is huge!"

Elle Clouds said:
both are now pumping gas at your local amoco..tips are appreciated

Yatil actually lives in a fat *** penthouse in turnberry,Aventura. I seriously doubt he is pumping gas.

PhinsPhan said:
He now plays in the CFL and is a star.

Hold the phone. Ask any Argo fan about Avery, he's a bust to us too. The Argos gave him a big (CFL big) contract to come in and be a stand out... he stood out, not in a good way though. He certainly isn't the John Avery that played for Edmonton in '02. I was excited when the Argos signed him. but now, I just want him gone. His knee injury has pretty much screwed him.

I can't believe he actually thought he could rush for 2000 yards last year. He only missed by about 1500 yards. :lol:

Anyways, there's a couple more big NFL busts playing in Toronto, R. Jay Soward and Robert Baker (he's good though).

Speaking of Baker, he got in a fist fight with our kicker (his teammate) on the side lines last season, and laided the biggest hit you'll ever see a offensive player lay on a interception return.

dolfanrodney said:
Unemploymernt has Avery and as for Green. He is not a has been, he is a never was with a knee that just said no to the NFL

John is a big name in the CFL actually. He is fast. But is still up and down as always

TAK said:
We drafted him with our first pick in 1998 and we only had him on our team for a year then he disappeared. Did he get injured or something or did we pick another bust?

(I am looking over our past draft picks)

John Avery was the finest north-south runner you'd ever see. Trouble was, he needed to be running east-west. Another failed attempt at a running game.....

Avery sucked!!!!!!!! It's a damn shame that Marino never got to handoff the ball to a RB like Ricky, Ronnie, or even Lamar Smith!!!!!!!!

Cfl

Avery had one really good year in the CFL, hes very fast and shifty, but he fumbles alot now and he is quickly becoming a bum in the CFL.

JJ's response to a reporter before the draft concerning Randy Moss was--He's not as tall as reported, not as fast as reported and will not be a game breaker at this level. GOOD EVALUATION JJ.:shakeno:

TAK said:
Wow this draft crap is interesting.

I NEVER KNEW ABOUT RAE CARRUTH!

Holy crap he killed his pregnant girlfriend and is now in jail after a promising NFL start. That is freaking crazy.

This link should help get you caught up in the world of sports!

http://cracksmokers.com/

TAK said:
Wow this draft crap is interesting.

I NEVER KNEW ABOUT RAE CARRUTH!

Holy crap he killed his pregnant girlfriend and is now in jail after a promising NFL start. That is freaking crazy.
where u been mars:sidelol: :sidelol:

Back
Top Bottom