Who would you compare Tua with ? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who would you compare Tua with ?

I want to say Alex Smith. No, I can't back it up whatsoever either. For some reason that was the first name to pop in my head for this question.

Bree because of their size, the arm strength is close, both very intelligent, and though Tua is starting his career as a starting QB far better and earlier then Brees, you can see that like Brees, if you surround him with decent weapons with the right offensive plan, he can, and will be successful.
Arm strength close?
From what I have seen this season...its not

seems like some of the tua haters actually hope that Tua will suck so they can be proven right.. don't we want every dolphin to be great, even if you don't like them or where they were picked.. isn't the ultimate goal WINS for our team
Ok call me crazy but what I see in Tua makes me want them to pick a QB at 3 since the opportunity is there
Not about wanting him to suck
In my mind it was a mistake to pick him and that can be rectified with the 3 pick
Yes I know its not going to happen

Arm strength close?
From what I have seen this season...its not
well, watch Alabama tapes, and allow the kid more than just 1 year to strength his hip before you say he has a weak arm, ok???

Now, if you say you are worried about injuries? then I could understand that, but to look the other way of his years in Alabama, accuracy, strength, and after less than 1 year of a hip surgery wanting to see the guy with the same velocity, well, I think is unfair.

Tua has weak arm! His arm strength come from bicep size and he have small twig arms.

he needs no trunk rotation or weight transfer. All in bicep. We need manly big strong man like Herbert!!

Akili Smith thus far
Akili smith led his team to 3 wins in 4 seasons and had way more picks then TD’s. On top of that he had a cannon for an arm. I don’t know if you could have come up with a worse comparison unless you’re joking around. Maybe Russell but o know RENT is joking.

For fun, I watched some highlights of Brees rookie season. Wow...looked as nervous or more than Tua. Obviously this is not to say that Tua will be Drew Brees, but kinda stunned people are willing to toss him into the scrap heap considering his closest comp coming out of college on this site was Brees, and he outperformed Brees in his first year, almost comfortably. Moreover, Brees went on to have a worse year the next.

And I can't speak to SD's roster at the time, but they did have LT. And I doubt they had 3 rookie OL, nor wide receivers without hands.

Tua has weak arm! His arm strength come from bicep size and he have small twig arms.

he needs no trunk rotation or weight transfer. All in bicep. We need manly big strong man like Herbert!!
Now you are getting carried away.

All other things being equal, a big arm is better than a pedestrian one, and you know that's true.

That doesn't mean Tua is trash, or can't be successful, but let's not pretend arm strength is meaningless either.

Not having elite arm strength isn't a deal breaker. It just means his anticipation has to be top shelf.

I know you are probably just tired of the whole weak arm narrative, as it is way overblown by some ppl.

Rational ppl realize Tua's arm is average NFL strength, or it will be after an offseason of work.

By the same token, there are some situations where he will not be able to defeat coverage, the way a Herbert or Allen can.

Now you are getting carried away.

All other things being equal, a big arm is better than a pedestrian one, and you know that's true.

That doesn't mean Tua is trash, or can't be successful, but let's not pretend arm strength is meaningless either.

Not having elite arm strength isn't a deal breaker. It just means his anticipation has to be top shelf.

I know you are probably just tired of the whole weak arm narrative, as it is way overblown ny some ppl.

Rational ppl realize Tua's arm is average NFL strength, or it will be after an offseason of work.

By the same token, there are some situations where he will not be able to defeat coverage, the way a Herbert or Allen can.
I’m trolling.

Processing > Arm strength unless your Josh Allen.

Chad Henne has a cannon attached to his arm.

Perhaps Brees' arm now, two decades in. When Brees came into the league, his arm was strong. Not canon strong, but before the shoulder, he was no slouch.

Many of these posts seem to have a plethora of "ifs".

Nothing wrong with speculation I suppose. I just think it's premature to make a comparison to the all time NFL yardage leader.

That's kind of like projecting Helaire to have an Emmit Smith type career. Would anyone seriously do that?
Bree became the superstar we all know after the shoulder issue, when he was w/ the Chargers, he was inconsistent...My point as far as arm strength is, it's a bit overrated...Is it a good thing to have, yes, but players like Brees, Montana, Brady....All survived, and became special QBs with nothing all that special arm strength.

I do agree though that speculation with all time great players who had huge yardage leaders, but the question is who does he remind you most of...To me it is Brees. If and when Miami gets a premium Receiver that can stretch the field, with more experience and confidence in himself, don't you think his average yards a game is going to go way up?

Not saying Tua will be as successful as Brees, that is up to Tua, and how things go for him, just that he hassome similarities in his path.

Ok call me crazy but what I see in Tua makes me want them to pick a QB at 3 since the opportunity is there
Not about wanting him to suck
In my mind it was a mistake to pick him and that can be rectified with the 3 pick
Yes I know its not going to happen
I agree, I don't think there is a chance we take a QB @ 3.. until Tua has at least a few nfl caliber starting receivers it will be hard to draft his replacement now

Back
Top Bottom