Who would you compare Tua with ? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who would you compare Tua with ?

Brees did not get by on his arm his rookie year. My point is that they are similar QBs. Brees had so many underthrown and errant passes on a consistent basis his rookie year.
At Purdue he had a good arm, at Alabama Tua had a good arm.
Brees had an injury, Tua had an injury 1 year ago.
Tua will get stronger

remember, he is coming from a hip injury, always remember that, do you realized he played his first game less than a year from the injury? Do you think he will not be throwing harder passes once he is completely healthy? Watch him play in college, you'll see a STRONGER ARM IN THOSE TAPES.
YES, Young was better overall athlete, that is why I said SOME YOUNG.
And Tua is considered also ACCURATE. Young was a career 64.3 completions, you know what Tua's number was last year? 64.1
Do you know that Brees had a better percentage rate than Tua in his third year? 65.5 in his third year. At 24 years old.
Did you see all the drops from our wide receivers this year? Against Buffalo it was around 10.
And you are saying Tua is not accurate?
If you want me to say what he has ACTUALLY DONE, well I will tell you, his rookie season he was better than Young with Tampa and Brees first 2 years, and numbers are about the same with Burrow, THOSE ARE THE NUMBERS.

So if we go with first years numbers, Tua is going to be better than those 2 IF HE CONTINUES TO WORK AND IMPROVE ON HIS GAME.
Is Tua a guy that will work on his game? The past says he will, that is why Dolphins love the guy, he is a worker, smart that will continue to improve, and have the IT factor that not every QB has.
Does Herbert has that IT factor?
Young has it, does Herbert has it? We will see.
Dude, Herbert clearly has the ā€œit factorā€. People follow performance. What do his rookie numbers look like? Not bashing Tua just saying donā€™t let your homerism blind you to the obvious truth that Herbert is an absolute stud.

Mediocre.... The Bucs have had 14 seasons in which they have been .500 and above. They have been in the league for 46 years. They were 2-14 when Young played for them, hardly a mediocre team!! Lol

Dude, Herbert clearly has the ā€œit factorā€. People follow performance. What do his rookie numbers look like? Not bashing Tua just saying donā€™t let your homerism blind you to the obvious truth that Herbert is an absolute stud.
The only production that stands out for Herbert are volume driven... When you look at his effeciency, he's flat out average...

and if we count the 8 or 9 games, that is good, why? Because the numbers are better than Brees, Young first 2 years, and similar, very similar to Burrow as rookies, and everybody is saying Burrow had a great rookie season before the injury.
If we ONLY compared Tua with Herbert, then he had an average season for a rookie, if we compare Tua with all rookies, then he had an above average year as a rookie.
I'm not sure comparing rookie stats has all that much real value. There have been guys that looked great their first year, and were career backups, or out of the league in a few years. There have also been guys that struggled mightily, and ended up very good for a long time.

Most of this type of thing is just posters choosing an example that supports a narrative.

I have to go along with @Danny on this one. Tua is Tua, why are we trying to shoehorn him into some other player's career trajectory?

we are going to see if he has it or not, that was his only thing that worried GM's. At the combines Herbert was the best QB and still was third QB picked and teams with need for QB passed on him.

Before the draft it was said Herbert was the best talent, but not the great leader, lets see what happens.

And remember, San Diego had better players than the Dolphins, and we did better than they did.

I'm not sure comparing rookie stats has all that much real value. There have been guys that looked great their first year, and were career backups, or out of the league in a few years. There have also been guys that struggled mightily, and ended up very good for a long time.

Most of this type of thing is just posters choosing an example that supports a narrative.

I have to go along with @Danny on this one. Tua is Tua, why are we trying to shoehorn him into some other player's career trajectory?
because is fun to make those kind of comparison?
And knowing what you know about Tua, do you think this is the kind of guy that is not going to get better? Only concern about Tua is injuries, other stuff, is just not there, he is the real deal and had an above average year with all things considered.

Tua struggled like most rookie qbs, heā€™ll be fine, we have a good team around him

Brees did not get by on his arm his rookie year. My point is that they are similar QBs. Brees had so many underthrown and errant passes on a consistent basis his rookie year.
No, he didn't get by on his arm. That first year, and really the second too, were not pretty. That's why they drafted Rivers.

All I was saying was his arm was better early in his career.

we are going to see if he has it or not, that was his only thing that worried GM's. At the combines Herbert was the best QB and still was third QB picked and teams with need for QB passed on him.

Before the draft it was said Herbert was the best talent, but not the great leader, lets see what happens.

And remember, San Diego had better players than the Dolphins, and we did better than they did.

we blew it with Hebert, just like we blew it with Brees, time to face it.
we did better than SD, we had Fitz. we also didnt have that SD coach who seems out of it at times.

Can't have a Tua thread without the usual posters chiming in for the hourly IHATETUA circle jerk. Let us not forget though they always gotta throw this part in there "but I hope Tua proves me wrong" or "I'm still rooting for him though".

View attachment 62197
seems like some of the tua haters actually hope that Tua will suck so they can be proven right.. don't we want every dolphin to be great, even if you don't like them or where they were picked.. isn't the ultimate goal WINS for our team

Tua could read defenses better as a freshman, than Tebow ever will.

I know Tebow won a Heisman, but so did Charlie Ward. Tebow wasn't even a full time starter until he was a senior, IIRC. That Gator machine was a product of an outstanding coach.

Not that it matters, but Tebow started as a Sophomore, the season he won the Heisman.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom